Reviews for The Third Side
edao chapter 3 . 5/12/2014
I don't like romance heavy stories. My preference for romance is it being a side dish, to be the second or third fiddle instead of the main attraction of the zoo that is a story.
Except for your works.
I can't exactly pinpoint the reasons for that; it might be the characterisation or the pacing or something completely different, but something still is there regardless.

So yeah. I liked it.
raitora chapter 1 . 4/24/2014
Random1377 is imho the best EVA fanfic author EVER. He's written more than any other author I read and the quality is always high despite the quantity. The Third Side is one of my fav fics of his so I thought I'd finally review it. Read this fic and then read the rest of his!
Mike chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
You have a grudge against scene breakers? I like your writing, but I get disoriented for the first two sentences every scene.
Henry V chapter 3 . 8/13/2010
Nice work. You gave the development enough time, and moved the story on just the same. Quite a feat, in my opinion.

As usual you overpower me with your storytelling abilities, something I can merely admire from four thousend miles off...

Anyway.

I bid you farewell, and in good faith i leave you.

Henry V
Mimic xB chapter 3 . 6/22/2010
i almost didn't leave a comment cause it always feels awkward, because emotions are hard to convey with out complex wordings of sentences, but after this i feel i must. i have read many of your EVA fics and enjoyed them all greatly. i for one am not a fan of OC's but the way you made Sachiko and Mitzu into characters that you come think of as part of the EVA series, not just them but your other OC's as well, i think fanfictions should be made of them as well.

as stated before emotions are a hard medium to capture. but in all seriousness great work of art sir.
Z chapter 3 . 7/9/2009
Awesome story, I don't know how I miss this while reading your fanfic until now!
BukkakeNoJutsu chapter 3 . 12/5/2008
Abso-friggin-lutely perfect!
Patrickov chapter 3 . 12/2/2007
I agree that your two girls got more development than Asuka, and that fact kind of making Shinji not so important too. In addition, with the comparison against Touji and Alexander, I would say Shinji somehow became... a doll!

And know what... out of these three girls I somehow "voted" for Sachiko. Asuka is far too denying in chapter 2 that it seemed too hard to let her make "up" (and then "out" and "love") to Shinji. And as for Mitzu you wrote her background and actions to make her less sympathizable... Sadly Sachiko panicked at her own move so soon so she had been crossed out quickly.

Nevertheless, an in-depth good job!
Jennitime chapter 3 . 11/2/2007
That was great!
Kotetsu 117 chapter 3 . 5/2/2007
This was good
Ronin109 chapter 3 . 5/1/2007
Another great work random, I'm familiar with some of your other works on and I have to say this one was one of my favorites.

And it is true. Not everyone always gets a happy ending.
Necrokon chapter 3 . 7/30/2006
I have to say that I didn't enjoy this story as much as I would have liked to. The first two chapters were really depressing and felt wrong. None of the events felt right when I read them. I mean how could Shinji be such a wimp. How couldn't he have resisted those two women when he knew that he loved Asuka. He must be the most naive and stupid person not to be able to figure out that Asuka liked hime let alone love him. The only scenes that felt right were when Shinji and Asuka talked in the hospital and at the end of the story in the restaurant, when Asuka came to tell him she was leaving.
marduk-report chapter 3 . 7/14/2006
really good story-ive not seen it for ages cos its near the back on my search parameters, waggling its cane at me and trying to find its false teeth, but its still good-mebbe you should repost it for the revived enjoyment of readers who feel theres to much pseudo angel/incest stories around _
Peanuts Factory chapter 3 . 6/25/2006
Breath taking... I must comment

that you have once again put a lot

of new (philosophical) insight into

me.

Excellent.
Fresh C chapter 3 . 6/5/2006
I'm sure you already know this, but you're pretty good at this writing thing.

I liked the way this story seemed to start out with almost no real meaning behind it other than your tipical "boy can't choose which girl" plot and how it ended with something that could really relate to life.

I liked your Touji in this story a lot as he actually had some inteligence and wasn't just a dumb jock as portrayed in other stories. Sure the guy wasn't a genius in the anime, but he wasn't plain stupid either.

It was good that you took the time to explain everyone's intentions at the end even if it seemed a little like you were spelling it out for us like children. I understand why you did it though. If you don't explain things no one will get the same meaning out of it that you put into it.

Suprisingly in this story I was not rooting for Asuka. I really wanted Sachiko to win. I guess I just liked the way you described her and her outgoing personality. It's almost like she's a toned down Asuka of sorts and maybe that's why I thought Shinji deserved her.

All in all, it was a good story. You kept it short, chapter wise at least, and I think that was for the best. This could have easily become a long running soap opera fic. *shudder*

After seeing a quality work like this I'll be sure to read more of your stuff.

Fresh C