Reviews for Symphony No 8
Dandy in the Aspic chapter 4 . 5/2/2010
this was absolutely fantastic. heartwarming and melancholy
Argentus chapter 1 . 10/2/2006
Hahah! Whoever said that 'mindless' fics like this couldn't be fantastic as well?

I am now going to ramble on about various parts, because thats what I do with fics I love:

I always *melt* when I come to the orphanage scene in the game, and adored your beach snapshot of the 'siblings'. My favorite portrayal was Quistis' fear of bugs(when she was just being so bossy and fearless) and Seifer tormenting her about it.

Squall's 'entrance' when Seifer is bullying Zell was very well-written; three characters and their past and personalities all instantly captured in just one scene.

Nice dialogue between Quistis and Selphie...I especially liked the emphasis placed on *adrenalin* and why it can be thought of as the center of a SeeD's life. And Zell's kindness towards Rinoa rang true to his character...I love it when authors put in little details like that.

I can't praise the last chapter enough...the imitations were *priceless*,(Squall walking in on Irvine, heehee) the warmth between all of them was so tangible. I also liked the little tidbit with Seifer visiting Matron, it was sweet.

There! This was longer than necessary, but a short review couldn't have possibly captured all I felt with your awesome fic :)
Danielle chapter 4 . 6/22/2005
Ah man, this story is almost making me cry over here. Tears of joy, that is ;P Embarassing (Im talking about Irvines Squall imitation), fun, cute and.. I dont know, but hey, its REALLY good. Again, thanks for writing your stories ;P / Danielle
Sunflower-chan chapter 4 . 9/19/2003
Wow, I just love your style of writing! _ Chapter one and four were my personal favorites... and it gave me warm fuzzy feelings as everyone started making fun of each other in this chap! You really should write some more...
Quistis88 chapter 4 . 9/3/2003
This was an adorable story! Good job, Ripley! _
PrincessMercury chapter 1 . 9/3/2003
Oh this is wonderful! I love how you describe and create your sentences. It's an extemely powerful story Ripley, I think it's a shame you haven't gotten more reviews! But, reviews don't matter this story is excellent, I hope it will continue to strech because, I LUV reading.
Kitian chapter 4 . 9/2/2003
Wonderful and brilliantly put together. Sometimes it's nice to step away from all the drama, action, and romance, to just have a nice, peaceful glimpse into the lives of seven people growing up. I loved the warm feeling I got when reading this; exactly how I imagine the seven 'siblings' would feel about their home. After reading this beautiful piece I am definitely checking out some of your other works. Bravo!
seventhe chapter 4 . 9/2/2003
This was absolutely beautiful!

A wonderfully done "story with no point", as insinuated. I think it was a wonderful peek inside all of these fantastic characters and what links them together. You have the interplay down so tight that this little series of vignettes didn't seem "pointless" at all. T'was fantastic. As I've come to expect ;)