Reviews for Games of skill and chance
VestriVerum chapter 12 . 10/17/2009
I'd adore to see a sequel to this. Beautifully done, and I love how you use the games for each chapter.

V.
mrscakeakajane chapter 12 . 4/5/2009
you can't stop now

where is the next part

you did promice.
Kindcaidlyn chapter 12 . 3/5/2009
Great story! I love the subtle-ness of it...if that made sense at all. I would certainly be interested in reading more! You dropped lots of hits of what happened in the war, but I'd like to hear more!
scorp chapter 11 . 5/17/2008
Quiz Answer: John Nash. Pioneer of Game Theory.

Excellent story. Light, well crafted. Good work.
onaleia chapter 12 . 4/18/2008
I really enjoyed this. I would love to see a follow-up piece.
onaleia chapter 7 . 4/18/2008
hippos and rhinos, or hippopotomi and rhinoceri
onaleia chapter 1 . 4/18/2008
Well now, *this* is new. (raised eyebrow, piqued interest)
Z-L.B chapter 12 . 3/30/2008
That was just wonderful. It's going right on my favorite's list! ZLB
snarky Beth chapter 12 . 2/6/2008
This story was incredibaly entertaining. It was sweet, funny, interesting, entertaining, included two of my favorite characters and there were some surprises. Snape is so cute when he grudgingly does something nice _ I would love a sequel, but I find it kind of sad Snape is leaving Hogwarts now that he has Lupin there as a kind of buddy. I'm going to search for a sequel...
celadonserpent chapter 12 . 2/2/2008
An exceptionally well written piece. I kept hoping up until the final sentence that he would return to his Hogwarts position, but alas, it was not to be.

You've done an excellent job in developing the characters of Snape and Lupin, and have managed to depict their interaction quite beautifully. The delicacy with which you have two men who were previously not comfortable with each other gradually become friends is rare, and as such, really makes your story stand out. Snape's gradual softening to allow students to play in the potions classroom was done quite convincingly.

I initially had reservations about reading this story. What could a story about games possibly amount to? But I'm very glad to have experienced this wonderful work of fiction that you have produced.

The only complaint I have-and it is really not a complaint at all-is that the story was over too soon. If there is a sequel to this story, I would gladly read it. However, the story stands very well on its own. You've concluded the main conflict that Snape had, while also leaving enough open to allow readers to think.

Thank you for this wonderful story. I hope that all your future writings may have the same level as excellence as this one.
DeengoBlue chapter 12 . 9/26/2007
Though I wish there had been a little more on How Things Came To Be, there was enough for me to go by, so good job. I especially appreciated how you allowed the devastation to shine (seep?) through an otheriwse light and humorous piece-it made it all the more attractive.

And Snape's "Dreadful Things About Teaching'-the children! LOL
DeengoBlue chapter 4 . 9/26/2007
Ooh! I just noticed that your chapter titles! Brilliant!

And I love Snape's potion-teaching countdown list.
dead2self chapter 12 . 5/28/2007
I liked it... A nice, somewhat lighthearted story does me good. ] Snape was wonderfully well written.
mou chapter 11 . 4/12/2007
lol, too cute.
mou chapter 10 . 4/12/2007
aw, so he's really leaving now.
111 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »