Reviews for Games of skill and chance
I Write Tragedies chapter 12 . 8/13/2005
AW! So Severus does have a heart!

Well, for the most part I liked this story although in certain places Severus was so ooc I wondered if this was meant to be a parody of some sort. I could've gone without the humour but it wasn't bad enough to make me want to stop reading. Unfortunately, while the story was well written, I couldn't really see the point of it and it was rather boring in some places.
Athena Keating-Thomas chapter 12 . 8/1/2005
I finally got around to reading your story- well done, and quite touching. That blasted hip treatment, making Snape all ... nice. Tch. ;) Do go on- I'd love to see how his aquaintance with Lupin goes...
xairisha chapter 12 . 6/29/2005
I have read so many stories on but I have never felt the need to submit a review until I read this story. Congratulations for creating such a unique and wonderful Snape-centric story! I loved the way you depicted a post-war Snape-especially his interactions with the students. Your use of game names for chapter titles was just pure genius. You also made my day by including Remus Lupin in your story-he and Snape are my favorite HP characters. Are you planning on writing a sequel? I would urge you to do so; you definitely have great talent for writing (there were a few spelling mistakes but they are easily forgivable in comparison to the overall quality of the story), and this story is certainly worthy of being continued. It would be interesting to see Snape in his new job, Lupin as the new Transfiguration teacher, and who replaces Snape as Potions instructor. "Games of Skill and Chance" is now my favorite Snape-centric story. Thank you for creating it!
mercutio-rane chapter 12 . 3/21/2005
There's something so lovely about discovering great work from other people's favorites lists! This was really enjoyable. I love your Lupin and Snape - just a bit un-canon enough to be unique and your own but still true to the books. I haven't checked your list to see if you're still writing, but hope you are! :) Thanks for the great read!
CoyoteWolf chapter 12 . 2/23/2005
Very nice! I love to see Severus slowly change. Too bad he did't stay at Hogwarts...I know he hated teaching but why didn't he just stay and run the game club? :)

Thank you for writing this fic!

-moony-
duj chapter 12 . 1/24/2005
Lovely fic, hope you write a sequel.
duj chapter 11 . 1/24/2005
Beau Nash, the Master of Ceremonies at Bath?

John Nash, the Regency architect?

Ogden Nash, the poet?

I don't see a connection to any of them though. A different Nash?
duj chapter 9 . 1/24/2005
So that's the inspiration for this story. Grouchy people are so often under-rated.

Two tired veterans used and abandoned - yes that's exactly where I see them if they survive the final battle.
duj chapter 8 . 1/24/2005
He was right. An unrestrained werewolf in a boarding school - How irresponsible is that?
duj chapter 7 . 1/24/2005
Nicely-constructed and original story.
duj chapter 4 . 1/24/2005
Changing times, changing minds.
duj chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
Unusual start. Snape mellowing a bit now that endurance vile is coming to an end?
Angel 1291 chapter 2 . 11/6/2004
Poor Rupert. But it's good, that they can meet once a week in the potions classroom. *smile* I wonder too, what Severus is taking?

yours

Angel 1291
Angel 1291 chapter 1 . 11/6/2004
Hey, that was extremely nice from Severus to allow the youngsters to play the game in his classroom while he works.

Yours

Angel1291
Persephone Lupin chapter 12 . 8/12/2004
Wonderful story! I loved the idea that it was Neville who by accident killed Voldemort, hilarious. And it just might happen ... Snape in the Muggle toy shop also was too funny, LOL. And he was really nice to at least some of the students and concerned about Remus - and still in character. Excellent job!

You haven't uploaded 'Seine Molly' yet? But I did understand it correctly that you want to upload it on your author page, didn't I? (I lost all the E-mails due to a virus, so I can't check yours again). I sent the translation to this German Snape site a few days ago and they will upload it soon. I'll notify you when it's up.

Liebe Grüße,