Reviews for Beautiful Morning
Black Hawk chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
I can't believe I never reviewed this in the past! I love all of your Interwoven tales. Your prose is so precise and clean yet original - it's always a pleasure to read. Your characterizations are also beautiful. Reading about Sirius and Abby in middle age, with all of their lovely children makes me look forward to getting older! May we all be blessed with such a life, if we so wish for it. I also love how you described how Abby has aged physically yet how Sirius still finds her so attractive - that has stuck with me ever since I first read this years ago. So much of our culture focuses on youth - it's a delight to read something mature on many levels. Thank you kindly for writing and sharing!
Lady Knight Keladry chapter 1 . 1/12/2008
*giggle* it's so sweet and funny! the children seem awesome, so cool. it's great how you always manage to surprise at the end. i love them all.
Grav chapter 1 . 3/24/2007
We used to wake my dad up on Saturdays in a similar fashion...:)

I like that you kept him around. But I was *slightly* surprised that none of the kids are called James or Harry...

Regardless, I like it and now I am going to read the next one.
GoodnessKnows chapter 1 . 12/17/2005
*snicker* I can see that happening - Sirius and Abby, with their numerous kids. Lots of love, and lots of headache.

- Muggle At Heart
Leslie Lady of Light chapter 1 . 8/23/2004
Sirius/Abby bits are SO cute! uhh, nothing much else ;)
cutemara chapter 1 . 5/10/2004
hope to read more about this particular family :)
Rugi chapter 1 . 9/18/2003
Hee hee! I am so happy that you haven't left Interwoven to fade away after tOOtP. I loved the shouting and the shocks. I still think your Sirius is perfect and I really want to see more of Sirius, Abby and the talented Gavin.
fluffy-rose chapter 1 . 9/14/2003
I'm so glad that you decided to carry on with the Abby and Sirius universe, and this lovely vignette captured perfectly how they would be in years to come.

I loved the interaction between the children and their parents, and also between Sirius and Abby, hell, I loved all of it! (as usual...)

Thanks for the link to this - I probably wouldn't have found it otherwise, I tend to only lurk on the Ron/Hermione pages on - and it's great to see more of your work, even if you are (ever so slightly) AU! :)

Fluffy_Rose
Fleur the First chapter 1 . 9/13/2003
I also prefer Sirius alive, which means I derived much enjoyment from this little ditty. I would love it if there could be more. Soon. Really soon.

Ahem. But no pressure.

Fleur
ellie chapter 1 . 9/12/2003
Katinka! I am so glad that you decided to continue writing this story line. Even if it is AU, well, this happened before OOtP was released, so is it really? You have such a way with Sirius and it is wonderful to see him in family bliss. If you're so inclined, please continue to write more. I like knowing that Sirius is happy somewhere, and if he is going to be with a woman, I know of no one better than Abby. Thank you for continuing with such intriguing characters. I can't wait to read more.
Jenny Weasley chapter 1 . 9/12/2003
Wow! That was really good! I read the original Abby (before the fifth book came out)on the Sugar Quill. After I finished the book, one of my first thoughts was "What's Abby gonna do now?" I think this is the right answer.

Fabulous story, sorry it had to be AU.
Violet Azure chapter 1 . 9/12/2003
OMG! I'm so happy you wrote this! I prefer Sirius alive and with Abby too. You've really captured that contented sort of love between two people who know each other so well and have been with each other for years. I love how Abby yells back at the children and how Sirius is amused by his wife's behavior when she's sleep deprived. I love the image of the two of them in bed, Abby burrowed under pillows and covers and Sirisu yanking them off her head and her pulling them back on her head. I love how you've shown their love growing over the years.

The children were very funny-typical teenage boys needing food and needing food NOW! Interesting twist on Gavin being the Weaver-I hope you continue with that story line. I also felt so sad when Sirisu compares his home life with how his upbringing was like. Then I thought about the books and got even sadder. Sirius really deserves Abby. I also liked how, even though the two of them are older now, they're still just as warm-blooded as ever. ;) Beautiful, beautiful story and AU isn't that bad at all!
alchemilla chapter 1 . 9/8/2003
Oh boy Katinka, your talent never fails to emotionally draw me in. Ah, Sirius and Abby,together safe and content. With years of happiness behind them...do they deserve it or what?

You transport the reader right into the whole feeling of the thing, the sleepy, affectionate, vaguely lusty, loving interaction of Abby and Sirius.

“I was weaving a little…thinking about things…I hated to stop.” I'll bet that's you too, Katinka, but writing instead of weaving.

he’d sometimes neglected to screen his children’s choice of “spears” prior to the playacting Hee hee

As she leaned down to press her mouth to his, Sirius marveled again at his good fortune in seeking shelter in a particular Hogsmeade garden, so many years ago. He’d found shelter, and so much more. Wonderful *sniffle*

And the yelling in each other's ear down to the kids is so true. Been there.

Long live Sirius and Abby.

-alchemilla
sirius the homicidal maniac chapter 1 . 9/6/2003
hoorah! another one! i am so glad you didn't do a dead sirius one... that would depress me to no end. these make me feel all warm inside though, and that's good, because i'm freezing. thank you, for writing it. nee! *hug*
Rose Black chapter 1 . 9/5/2003
O Katinka, O Katinka! How do I love thy writing? I just love all of this Sirius goodness...there hasn't been enough of them lately anywhere. M...Abby and Sirius! I sound like a crazy reviewer, don't? (What was I thinking (drinking)?) I'm Hermione Girl from the SQ. You are going to write more in this universe, right?