Reviews for The Dreaming Kind
Guest chapter 4 . 4/9/2013
I wonder if she'll move houses
so-adorabloodthirsty chapter 11 . 1/24/2012
Tch. Good story.
The Sleeping Creature chapter 11 . 1/7/2012
Oh sweet merciful heavens this story is AWESOME! Wonderful crossover, wonderful characterizations, wonderful writing, and a FASCINATING dynamic between Jareth and Sarah! It's been over five years and thus I know, sadly, that you probably won't see this comment and will almost definitely never finish this story, but I hope you know what a cool thing you've done here. You are an excellent writer and plotter, and while I'm sorry I'll never see the end of this particular story, I'm very glad I encountered it nonetheless. I hope you're still writing wherever you are.
AceofRain chapter 11 . 1/12/2011
This is a wonderful story, with the characters not just put in a little archetype-box and left there, but rather porteyed as complex and three (four?) dimensional. Please update this. Please?
ShadoweGoddess chapter 11 . 11/14/2010
Update please...
Anchorite chapter 11 . 9/16/2010
Dear author,

You successfully tackle one of my favorite topics, a HP and Labyrinth cross over; you paint a perfectly mercurial Jareth, a complex and engaging Sarah just to leave us hanging some years later waiting for more.

Do be so kind and come back to your abandoned characters, will them alive for a few more chapters and grant us the delight of seeing what happens next.

Regards,

Anchorite
A Mistake chapter 6 . 6/27/2010
The end of chapter 5 is the right point to start 'cue ominous music', but I'm well past interested that I'm just happy to see the whole plot thickening. I like the way how you don't just bypass the classes Sarah is taking and so we get to see Sarah's upwelling feeling of wonder at each of them. You make such interesting classes too that it's a thrill to read of all of them; I appreciate your attention to detail very much. I haven't really been planning to leave a review every two chapters or so, but there has always been _something_ that caught my attention in each of them that I can't really help it. So here's another one and I think you're going to be stuck with my verbosity for a while.

I happen to know enough about banks, and I think the backstory of the escalating goblin tension with the ministry that you're crafting is not only plausible but interesting too. From what I get of what's been written in chapter 6, the wizards basically handed the reins of the economy to the goblins when they treated Gringotts like their central bank (Serves the wizards right, but I digress).

Sarah's neat way of replying to questions with inexact answers or sidestepping them is a part of her characterisation that I find beautiful too, as I see her interact with Jareth and then the Gryffindor Three. The impression I get is that she'd learned to watch her words a lot better after the Labyrinth, and it's an interesting direction of her growth.

And then there's the entrance of Blaise Zabini into the story, everyone's favourite Slytherin mystery student (considering how little is said of him in the books). The contrast that results from his scene placed successively with the one with David Mathis also makes for an interesting study. It adds another layer that the whole Hogwarts House views isn't what it seems-because in this instance it was David who pulled away from Sarah, not her, and she was the Slytherin one.

Have I said that I don't mind waiting for years for another update? Well, I don't think I can say it enough. Just, please don't give up on the story? That's all I can think of saying. (Goes back to read the other chapters)
A Mistake chapter 4 . 6/27/2010
Wow. The golden trio of Gryffindors didn't automatically fall head over heels with her from the beginning and ask her to turn their triad into a quartet. I'm not sure if I've been spoiled by HP/Labyrinth crossovers that aren't so finely written, but when Sarah saw them walk away again, not yet accepting her as one of them and she felt a slight pang of regret at it, it made my day. It does, really. Sarah's a wonder with labyrinths, and is probably an enthusiastic student of magic as she was raised in a dull world without one, but I'd draw the line when she enters Hogwarts and is suddenly loved by all. Real life is never that simple (not to mention bordering on Mary-Sueness). Hermione's reaction was to be expected, and the wariness the two boys had towards her was gratifyingly normal. There hasn't really been a Slytherin they've met that doesn't inspire sudden alertness to danger, after all.

The pacing is realistic, kudos.
A Mistake chapter 3 . 6/27/2010
The core of Sarah's wand is a Minotaur's incisor? Perfect. It's a nice subtle connection with where her magic began in the first place. Your description of Raven's Grotto in chapter 2 is also nicely alive-I could actually see it through Sarah's eyes, still seeing it with wonder and excitement of one raised in the Muggle world. Sometime stories write of the world as if she had taken all the magic she could see for granted while it was clear that she hadn't had much contact with the magical beyond the Labyrinth.

Sarah going into Slytherin? Absolutely wonderful. The House system in Hogwarts seemed to be designed to split potential heroes/heroine types into either Gryffindor or Slytherin after all, with courage, loyalty and other knightly whatnots in one house and ambition, cunning and beyond-book-smarts in the other. I can't wait to see your take on a Slytherin Sarah, a less obvious choice than if she were to drop into Gryffindor.

I think I really like your depiction of Jareth here; haughty, inscrutable and as cryptic, befitting his post as the Goblin King. I've always thought it a little strange whenever I read of Jareth being completely head over heels with her-for someone who had probably lived for long, impatience and rushing-into-things doesn't seem to be a consistent trait. I think his default action is more into scheming than brooding, even if he was wondering how to approach her.

I don't often fave stories that are still incomplete, but I think I'm going to do just that now.
A Mistake chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
There are some HP/Labyrinth crossovers that I've read, but none seemed to have started with Sarah being who she was after the Labyrinth trials, where Sarah was still just a teenager trying to hold on to the memory of the Labyrinth in a world that couldn't accept it as real. You, my good writer, managed to write a going-to-Hogwarts story the canon way, of informed enrollment through owl post in an otherwise dull and usually average day and make it interesting. There is a tension in the first chapter, the confused parents, the revelation of a strictly different part of the world and Sarah's happiness of finding a place where she really belonged.

Seeing how long this story was last updated, I was at first discouraged from reading, but after going through the first chapter I changed my mind. I'm sure the quality makes it worth it, even if it is unfinished. I am also certain I could be patient enough to wait a couple of years if that's what it takes for it to ever be finished.

Best wishes from a new and loyal reader.
Nienna Telrunya chapter 10 . 1/31/2010
You know, this story really is fabulously good. It's consistantly in character, avoids cliches, and somehow brings two very different stories together while remaining canonical (relatively) and having it make sense - with explanations and excuses for the original. It is, without a doubt, the best Labyrinth/ HP crossover I have ever read.

So may I encourage you to please, please, please continue? I realize that it is difficult to do so, especially after so long, but give it a shot. Just sit down right now and write two thousand words . . . you can do it; I have faith in you.

Really: superb.
Princess Emarelda chapter 11 . 1/2/2010
Write more please! Love the story so far. Not many Labyrinth/HP Crossovers out there. Keep it up!

-Emma
Fireflymaiden chapter 11 . 7/17/2009
I love this story and can't wait for an update!
edens echo chapter 11 . 6/20/2009
wow this story is great i love the characterizations and your mixing of the two worlds. Its one of the best i've read so far since i got on this labyrinth fanfic kick. I know its been a while but i hope you finish this story!
CPAnthoni chapter 11 . 2/25/2009
Really REALLY good story! Is there any chance this will be finished?