Reviews for Scattered Leaves
Leia Wood aka Cascadia chapter 1 . 7/10/2004
Beautiful and haunting.

Leia
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 2/13/2004
I absolutely loved this, since I too have wondered what went through Frodo's mind during his injury.
Good work.
Iorhael chapter 1 . 9/5/2003
"... but they will still return and I will still be here to feel all the misery and agony, lest I depart to the Undying Land."

My heart sinks to see how you suffer, Frodo.
MBradford chapter 1 . 9/5/2003
As reluctant as I am to use such a lame word as 'awesome', I'm having a tough time finding any better. Why did you keep this to yourself for so long?

You open a window into the hearts and minds of these characters in a way that is wonderful to experience.
lovethosehobbits chapter 1 . 9/5/2003
Fantastic and beautiful! I am so happy you 'dusted it off', a truly poetic look at our poor hero.
aelfgifu chapter 1 . 9/5/2003
Hail, Aratlithiel, Queen! (of angst!) You just love to break our heart with what frodo had become after the ring got to him, don't you? but you do it so poetically, I can forgive you for wringing out every drop of emotional pain from the poor hobbit. Lovely, lovely as usual! (sob!) poor frodo!
Camellia Gamgee-Took chapter 1 . 9/5/2003
Breathtakingly beautiful work. I admire and respect your talent immensely.

Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful story - the use of repetition worked brilliantly!

Fantastic, I hope to see more stories from you soon!
Trust No One chapter 1 . 9/5/2003
You did it again! This is chilling as it is haunting and beautiful, which has become your trademark. Heartbreaking how he calls the Witch-King 'my King', like he acknowledges that he is one of them now. And your use of the 'evil' colours, black, red and the 'bad' grey. My favourite: '.. I murdered the one he loves in cold blood...'.WONDERFUL!THANK YOU!
illyria-pffyffin chapter 1 . 9/5/2003
POETRY.
Rose Sared chapter 1 . 9/4/2003
Blimy, no wonder the poor duck wanted to go to the havens.

powerful writing

powerful imagery

Thanks (i think)
Anne Marie chapter 1 . 9/4/2003
The tears are dripping on the keyboard as I write this. Thank you!
ElvenDestiny chapter 1 . 9/4/2003
Lovely short story, very well written.

ElveNDestiNy
Ariel3 chapter 1 . 9/4/2003
Just when I thought I had read all your treasures, you freeze the marrow in my bones with a deliciously dark prize. I LOVE darkfics, and this is one of the best I have read. Haunting, compelling and SKILLFULLY worded... I adore:

"The fires dance, a perverse waltz that my feet follow with thoughtless abandon. I move to the demented song of the stars and weep in terror for my soul."

Geez... that is poetry! This whole work is a poem and sheer brilliance! You have given me countless praises, but THIS would have garnered this kind of accolade from me even if we had never met!

Bravo, Aratlithiel! I am in awe...

Ariel