Reviews for Casualties of War
livebyinsanity chapter 12 . 7/4/2012
Tragic but absolutely beautiful. I loved it.
RogueBard chapter 12 . 6/30/2011
So, I was going to leave a review that was something along the lines of 'Really good story, I like the character development and your writing style, but you need to proofread and put in scene breaks.'

Then I hit the last two chapters. And you made me cry. That was beautiful, and perfect, and... Amazing.

But you should still put in scene breaks. p
inkeyes7 chapter 12 . 9/20/2008
When at first I came across this story I was a little skeptical, as I have never been a huge fan of Draco/Harry ships. However I absolutely love Lupin, and Sirius/Lupin ships, so I decided to try it. And I am so happy I did! This story is wonderful in all aspects: from the plot, to character development, to writing style... you have it all! I think my favorite part was surprisingly either the Draco/Harry romance, or the Snape/Lupin romance, although Snape wouldn't be the Snape we know without his past with Lily I think.

Anyways, wonderful job. I am sorry to hear that you have decided to discontinue the sequel, but I will go ahead and read what you have written anyways. Hopefully inspiration will knock on your door in the future and you will finish what I know to be a wonderful 2nd part. )

inkeyes7
mrsremusjohnlupin chapter 10 . 7/3/2008
Ugh.. I knew it was happening to Remus... But, I still cried when I read this. I LOVED the part with Drco and Harry though. You are a magnificent writer.
Bubbsybub chapter 12 . 5/27/2008
truly wonderful.

i loved every single chapter.

i especially loved the way you crafted Draco and Harry's relationship.

5/5
HRT chapter 12 . 1/23/2008
You can't help but feel sorry for Sirius here, left so berefit, and wishing that somehow they could have discovered and removed the 'seed' from Remus in time the way they did with Draco, yet the story is left stronger by Remus' death. I mentioned earlier that this work keeps sticking in my mind, and I'm ready to call the best Remus-Draco centered fic I know of. Simply outstanding.
HRT chapter 11 . 1/23/2008
The tragedy occurs. It's a very difficult chapter to read and accept, yet this is still one of the few stories where Remus' death is so profound. I normally hate deathfics, but this is the rare expection.
HRT chapter 10 . 1/23/2008
Remus is so good at being a parent to Harry here, despite his own troubles. He's knows he's dying, yet he still has time to patch up the conflict between Harry and Draco. Another example of why Remus is my favorite HP character. He's incredibly selfless.
HRT chapter 8 . 1/23/2008
You can really feel Remus' relief here; it's so vivid, yet Remus still understands what is going to happen to himself. Draco's emotions are also well-handled, especially when Ron and Hermoine show up, and knock him right back down a rung.
HRT chapter 7 . 1/23/2008
One of the best chapters so far. The scenes between Sirius and Remus are just great.
HRT chapter 6 . 1/23/2008
I don't usually read Harry/Draco (I find the pairing rather callow, frankly) but you do a very realistic version of how they would interact. Also, a good setup for Remus' tragedy later on.
HRT chapter 5 . 1/23/2008
A nice introduction of Snape into this scene here. You've got so many personalities at both daggers-drawn and yet interacting with hidden affection that it makes the story quite interesting.
HRT chapter 4 . 1/23/2008
This chapter is where the story begins to leave the realm of normality (comparatively speaking). It leaves much of the horror behind and turns unexpectedly domestic, and sets up the messy conflict between Harry and Draco quite well.
HRT chapter 2 . 1/23/2008
I've read a lot of Remus stories, but this one keeps sticking in my mind more than many others. The start is gruesome and seems like it might go in rather stereotyped directions, yet it doesn't in the long run.
HRT chapter 1 . 12/3/2007
This was a really excellent piece of angsty writing. I thought all the Remus/Draco/Harry interaction was especially fine. Well done!