Reviews for I Guess it was in the Cards
hillary603 chapter 30 . 1/13
oh My good! Just beutiful! Thanks for the hard work, it was an incredible story. Altough i am not used to short chapters you made so each one was important and deep. I love how you managed the feelings witout lo sing the integrista of the characters. I love the story thanks!
Ale chapter 21 . 5/12/2013
This was another good chapter, and I like the parallels that you write (and that do exist, but I don't usually think of them). Particularly, I like the parallels between Yami and Kaiba, but the parallels between Yugi and Mokuba are also pretty interesting as well as the parallel of the relationship between Yugi and Yami compared with Kaiba and Mokuba.

Anyway, I'm still enjoying the story :)
Ale chapter 16 . 5/10/2013
Surprisingly, your Mokuba as narrator is probably my favorite of your narrators. It's probably because I'm so used to people mangling his character that yours seems especially refreshing.
It's great to see Mokuba's thoughts on the relationship. I like how he's for it because Kaiba's happy, and Kaiba deserves to be happy, but he's just waiting for everything to fall apart. I imagine it's because everything always seems to fall apart for them, especially the things that make Kaiba happy. Simultaneously, Mokuba is more than a little scared of Yami, especially since he knows his big brother likes to piss people off...and Yami has been known to kill/torture others for less.

Anyway, I'm still enjoying the story.
Ale chapter 8 . 5/10/2013
I really liked your dartboard chess thing. It's a really creative idea, and it was a good way for the two to become more comfortable around eachother. Well, I guess moreso for Kaiba, but it shows that Yami knows him well enough to come up with something like this.

The Kaiba and Mokubo povs in this chapter was really well done and added to the story. I liked Mokuba's thoughts on Yami a lot. It's what a normal person would think about the two of them interacting, but neither Kaiba nor Yami is exactly normal :P

As for your question about too long a lead up, I generally prefer stories that take a more leisurely build-up to the characters actually becoming a couple. Moreso in cases where characters have relationship issues/are not likely to quickly jump into things. It also depends on how much groundwork the source material actually has. For example, if two characters are crushing on eachother in canon, it makes easy sense for them to get together quickly in fanfic. Same goes for characters that easily trust or are emotional (in the good way, not the angsty way). Whereas characters that don't trust easily in canon, or have little interaction/negative interactions with the other character would take some time to build believably into a relationship. I feel rambly... What I'm saying is that all the little stuff that builds into a relationship makes things feel more real and makes the story flow better. It also keeps things more in character even if the events portrayed are very out of character. It's part of why I think any character can be paired with any character if the writing is done well enough. Obviously some pairings would be a LOT harder than others to portray realistically.
I'm sure some readers just want smut and done with, but I GREATLY prefer plot to my stories, even if the plot is just two characters getting together in a realistic way. The time it takes to get there varies character to character. My answer is that the lead-up should take however long necessary to keep things realistic. Though my expectations are pretty low for most fanfics.
I do have to say, I am enjoying this one so far!
Ale chapter 6 . 5/10/2013
I'm really enjoying this story so far. I like the set-up, and I like the characterizations. I think they are pretty spot on.

I'm interested that Seto is comforted by Yami because the other man can kill him if he starts to go dark again. It just shows how twisted his thoughts are, how much he's afraid of becoming Gozuburo again, and how much he wants to protect his little brother from his darkness.

Anyway, I'm loving it so far :D
The Cowardly Mechanic chapter 30 . 1/16/2013
can i just say I am in love with this story? i love the way you managed to really keep the characters as they are and i love the symbolism you used. one of the best stories i've read involving the two.
EvilMidget6 chapter 30 . 12/4/2012
Another story of yours that I have thoroughly enjoyed - a little journey inside both their minds. I realised last night that I hadn't read this one...it was a total treat.

As always I just love your writing and insights into these two. Thanks for this.
Maria chapter 30 . 8/5/2012
Thank you so much for this beautiful story.. I have no words that will compliment it properly, so I'll only leave my thanks.
cuddlykids chapter 30 . 4/20/2012
Okay, I know it's been an age since you wrote this but really, it is the most amazing piece of fanfiction I have ever read in my entire life. This may be just me but I like the monologue kind of thing. Dialogue's nice for character development but I like to have insight into what the characters are thinking because they usually don't say what they think.

I look forward to reading the rest of your work.

Also, this really has given me a new appreciation for Mokuba. I haven't read much of the manga to make much an opinion on his depiction there but the dubbed version makes me dislike him. It's like how I don't like Tristan but Honda is hilarious. And anyway, thank you for sharing this.
deepbluanything chapter 30 . 2/11/2012
I first read this story ages ago, probably not long after it was originally posted. I remember being drawn into the narratives of Kaiba and Yami, into their very real relationship. The image that always stuck with me from this story has been the final moments of their duel. It seemed so obvious, so perfect, and it was this image that made me find this story and read it all over again. Just wanted to compliment you on a job well done, and thank you for a poignant, emotional read.
Guest chapter 30 . 2/5/2012
This is freaking AWESOME!
ilovemanicures chapter 30 . 12/19/2011
Wow. It's amazing reading your recent stuff first and then going backwards to the older stuff. The progress you've made as a writter is truly inspiring and I have to say, although I didn't love it as much as the others. I still enjoyed reading this immensely :)

In my personal opinion, there was way to much inner-monologue and not enough conversing aloud. I totally got that Seto expresses himself through the body as apposed to voice but you can only read a person' thoughts for so long, you know?

I also wish you put more backround on their coming together. Like when you mentioned how Yami basically tricked Seto into eating a catapilar. That was brilliant btw, but anyhow, what I'm saying is that there should have been more doing (no pun intended) instead of thinking.

But like I said, although its not as good as the others, I really did enjoy reading. Yami and Mokuba' relationship was probably what I enjoyed the most, mainly because you could see the progress ( as much as you can in a story anyway) as apposed to just hearing it.

I'll say it again, you wrote your characters wonderfully and I could really see them come to life in your story. I look forward to reading more from you, your a great story teller and I thank you for sharing your work.
IsabelEmrys chapter 30 . 6/27/2011
Omg! Why haven't I read any of your stories before! I'm enchanted! They bring so much more life to the characters. Amazing! I have to favorite you so I know what's new! Wow that sounds weird and kind of clingy...sorry I just really love what you post D
Chetanlaiho chapter 20 . 3/31/2011
Haha I loved your take on Sugoroku and Kaiba, I can almost see it xD

One thing Im wondering though, didn't Seto have three Blue eyes already when he stole Sugoroku's card?

The expression Mokuba wasn't meant to see, I have difficulty filling in which one it should be? I know this review is the better part of a decade late but if you still read this I'd love to know which it was.

Hmm same goes for the question Mokuba had at the end, I'll blame it on my sleepiness. I didn't want to stop reading so I read it almost in one go xD

Oh wow, I thought this'd be the last chapter because that's where the scroll screen seemed to end, but it goes on much longer! Don't think I'll be able to finish it in one go then xD happy that it continues though, I was just about to type that I was sad this was the final chapter but I'll read it tomorrow ;)

Also I apologize for all the reviews on such an old fic ;
Chetanlaiho chapter 18 . 3/31/2011
The last line made me aww out loud ;

It really seems like no one can refuse a promise to Mokuba doesn't it? xD