Reviews for Coming Back To Life
KiwiClover chapter 7 . 10/5/2010
Truly, this (as a continuation of The Return, which quickly became one of my favorite Boromir AU's) is one of the most interesting, and well-written Lord of the Rings stories I have ever had the pleasure to read! Your curious and fascinating mix of movie/book canon (and your own personal fanon) is incredibly engaging... because you make it all work together so well!

I absolutely love the deeper exploration of Boromir as a character - I always felt he was somewhat wasted in the books, and wanted so much to "get to know him". You've given him a plausible and likeable disposition - he's not faultless, but he is inherently *good*, and you show that quite well. It also stands to reason that he might just have his own well of Numenorean gifts, as the rest of his family has.

Also, your characterization of him is a delight to read, and your subtle exposition of his new Power is beautiful! I very much like that we, as readers, are discovering the changes in him almost at the same rate he is.

I don't know if you ever plan on revisiting this story arc - though I certainly hope you do! - but if you ever continue with it, you will have earned a faithful reader!

Thank you very much for sharing. :) I hope to see this finished someday!
kathu elf chapter 7 . 4/3/2009
Please continue... wow great reading. Boromir is back *big smile*
Celebwen Telcontar chapter 7 . 10/28/2008
I like both Esarhael and Idril. Please continue this, it is very good! I like the new Boromir just as well as the old. Goodness knows what poor Denethor would think of the new Boromir! He'd probably have a heart attack! His eldest and favored son being a wizard in some ways, enough to negate some Black Sorcery.

Please continue, Ms. Tindomerel!

CT
Celebwen Telcontar chapter 1 . 10/27/2008
Very beautifully done!

CT
Inez chapter 7 . 12/10/2006
Hi!

Am writing to tell you that I really love your stories! Especially since you gave us back Boromir! Apart from that I do love your writing style! You are a fantastic storyteller! I love the way you portray Boromir! Please update soon because I am dying to know how this story ends!

Regards
Galadriel Kenobi chapter 7 . 11/16/2006
Wow! This is a really great story. I especially liked the last paragraph:

"One man must start it, must stand against the Darkness and inspire others do do likewise..."

This is true today as well as in the situation Esarhael is in. I really like your characterization.

Boromir's confusion is understandable, and excellently written. However, I almost wish that he'd just propose to Idril and get it over with.

At any rate, great story, and I can't wait for the next post! *hint, hint*
Anonymous chapter 7 . 8/12/2006
This is a good story! I'm glad you brought Boromir back to life: I liked him a lot, and was sorry Tolkien killed him off. I've read some of your other stories as well, and I really liked them.
BenRG chapter 7 . 6/11/2006
Yeah! A new chapter at last! Thank you for that.

I love your characterisation of Boromir - all the contradictions of his role and all his insecurities are wonderfully explored in this story (and its prequel). Yet, he /is/ the father of the new line of wizards and that role is reflected in a wisdom that I'll bet he never knew that he had.

Idril was smart to be direct. Boromir appreciates and and I think that she will be grateful for that in return. I will be interested to see how their interaction progresses.

As for Aragorn... well, there is a reason why he is Elendil's heir. He has shown Esarhael a little wisdom and a lot of acceptance. In doing so, he may have saved the people of Harad from the shadow. For the war can only bring suffering if there is no one to bring their people back to the light.

Overall, this was a welcome addition to your work.

BenRG's Rating: 7/10
Starlit jewel chapter 6 . 2/17/2006
I still can't believe that you only got 16 reviews on this story. It's so good! Yes, I'm super inconsistent with reviewing, but still, this has to be one of my favorite fanfictions! It's been about 3 years since you've updated this story, but would you mind updating it again and then some more? Please?
queenieb chapter 6 . 8/30/2005
I was so excited to find this - there are too few really well written "Boromir lives" AU's. Your alternate universe is enthralling and beautifully woven - I found myself devouring all of your other wonderful stories as fast as I could! Is there any chance of this being completed? I would love to see how it plays out.

- b.
Celebwen Telcontar chapter 6 . 3/14/2005
I like this sequal to the Return! It's a good trilogy all in all, as much as I've read of it! You seem to be writing the same way as Lucus, as in writing the middle first, then the sides. (Star Wars Episodes IV,V,VI-I,II,I-VII,VI,IX)
Cindy chapter 6 . 12/23/2004
PLEASE continue this story. There are far too few quality Boromir fics!
BookWorm chapter 6 . 2/13/2004
Hello. I've been reading your wonderful LotR fics one after another for hours now. You write like Tolkien. You include detail and history and your characterizations are perfect. Thank you very much for sharing these stories. I do have a question. Every single one of your fics seems to stop abruptly, unfinished. Are they this way on purpose? Is there any place I can find the rest of them? Bringing Boromir back is this way is brilliant. I enjoy the tensions and interplay. For a while now I've been curious about Harad, you made me interested in Eriador. Again, thank you and please keep writing!
wildfire chapter 6 . 1/21/2004
This is very enjoyable, but the reunion between Boromir and Legolas and Gimli is sorely missed... You've had reunion scenes with all of the Fellowship except these two, and really, a scene with them just *needs* to be there. Or... did I miss it in one of your other stories? *off to check out your other fic*
Daughter of Olorin chapter 1 . 11/15/2003
Great beginning. You have and excellent writing style. "That was one oath he had kept. He had indeed restored the glory of Gondor - by giving her back her King."-very nice! You write their speech very well also. If Boromir had been gone for almost twenty years, why is Faramir's cildren younger than ten years old?

Before I finish reading this, is chapter six the end? If not, are you going to continue with this since it's been a couple of months since it was posted? Please let me know.