Reviews for MSG 0083: In Course Reciprocal
zeonista13 chapter 1 . 1/29/2014
I had read this story at a Gundam forum several years ago. I reflexively liked it here, but never published a review.
Having come back to this story several years later... It is still a real hard-core tale. Markus von Hardenberg and his leader the incomparable von Mellenthin, have always been my benchmarks for "ultimate badass" in a UC context. However, the "ultimate" part seems to come at a great human cost as a drive to perfection that obscures them to everything else. Seriously, Gato looks relaxed and willing to take eyes of mission compared to these guys! Ah well, so much for the Superman theory, now it will be up to the mere mortals to see if the dream of Zeon will endure.

(I see too that FFF has not been kind to your story format. Fixing it might get you some more positive attention. No need for this when the story can be presented cleanly.)
kishiria chapter 1 . 7/13/2004
Congratulations to HDS for winning "Gundam Gold" for this effort! You are utterly deserving of it, boss.
Rustito chapter 1 . 7/3/2004
I just wanted to let you know that I've finally gotten a chance to get started on reading this - I printed it out a few days ago and will likely keep on it most nights until it's finish (it came out to around ninety pages or so). I've only read about eight, thus far, but I can already tell you that just those eight pages are better reads than the majority of stories on this site. I seriously just don't know how you do it, and I can only pray that I one day I have your sense of writing. Not sure if I've said that before, but it might as well be said again, because it's one hundred percent true.
Black Knight1 chapter 1 . 9/8/2003
Wonderful as always, HDS; now that you've fixed the temporal problem (and provided a good explaination for the organziational/planning one), I don't have anything to complain about.

Von Hardenburg is probably my favorite of the Fifteen, and while I hope you find the time to detail the lives of the ten or twelve of whom we still know next to nothing about, I'm quite glad I prompted you to write this one with False Dawn; it was definately worth the delay.

And thanks for making Mullet appear more savvy than I did (though that may be because I wrote my end of that scene from Doherty's perspective, not Mullet's; I've no idea what was going on in _his_ head at that time). Now I'm looking forward to IVDVB 19.
Lord Raa chapter 1 . 9/8/2003
A top one-shot that adds more to the history of New Koenigsberg.

Your characterisation and technical knowledge is highly impressive and I can only hope that you will continue to write UC Gundam stories for a long time to come.

Long live the UC Writer’s Guild!
kishiria chapter 1 . 9/6/2003
I know that this one was harder for you to write than "Amman" but one would never know it. Much more colour, much more reality...much more viscera, in every sense of the word.

Since you already know what I think about this (and then some) I'll say that the experience I'm getting from your writing is of a people no longer human whose society horrifies and outrages me, but from whose lives I cannot turn away.
Greatness and Hat chapter 1 . 9/6/2003
Don't know if i'm first to review or not so who cares. Again! You give a kickass story. How you put this much emotion into these stories, I don't know, but damn! The whole time I can picture this story in my mind, rare actually nowadays. Hope to see more in the future... damn...