Reviews for Space Cadet
Dragonclaw chapter 1 . 6/24/2014
Oh god, there's so much I can say about this story, but I'll keep it brief.

Once again, you fail to portray Snap correctly. The show clearly demonstrates that he and Penny are FRIENDS and do LIKE each other. You choose to ignore that so you can write him as a jerk all because you yourself don't like him. Sorry, but that's not an excuse to ruin Snap's character the way you have. I don't care how much you hate him; you should still make the effort to portray him right. And don't try to tell me you "watch the show", because as this story demonstrates, you clearly don't. Or if you do, you ignore anything not related to Rudy and Penny and instead choose to 'shape the world' how you see fit just so you can write some ten year old romance.

The other reviewer already pointed some stuff out, so I won't really go into them too much. But yes, your "metal dragon" failed to impress and made no sense, your Skrawl is lacking the intelligence and cautiousness of the real Skrawl, Rudy obsessing over Penny is not something that happens in the show, and ESPECIALLY not in the way you have shown here.

Also, Rudy and Penny CARE about Snap and if he was in the room with them, with the metal dragon, they WOULD have expressed concern for him. Snap is more competent than what you've shown and it would have taken more than just being pinned against the wall to stop him, and he would have gone after Skrawl when he let go, not run off. Snap IS emotional; I don't know what kind of show you're watching, but the whole "Snap isn't an emotional dragon" bullshit just isn't true. Pick an episode, any episode, and you'll see just how wrong that statement is. And the part where Snap talks about how he thinks he lost Rudy? Nice job making RUdy care so much on that. Yeah I'm being sarcastic. Rudy would have comforted Snap, not just ignore his statement like it was nothing.

And don't get me started on the whole "food shortage thing" crap. There's PLENTY of food in ChalkZone. Snap shouldn't have to beg Rudy for food..heck he shouldn't have to beg at all. Rudy would have drawn him food because he's his FRIEND.

Snap wouldn't make fun of Rudy either for liking Penny. He's not that kind of guy. He would care if Penny was missing, even if she wasn't his friend. Oh the list can go on, but I agree with the other reviewer. I'd be here all day if I had to sit down and explain everything wrong with this story.
Guest chapter 10 . 9/2/2012
This story was a plotless piece of toss with no backbone. The "romance" was nonsensical crap and completely ignored Snap. He was thrown aside like a piece of nothing and portrayed as a total jerk. I have no idea WHAT you were watching, but it wasn't ChalkZone. Snap's a really good friend to Rudy, and completely NOT a jerk. o.o I don't even know how you could think he was.

The whole thing made no sense. It was trying to have a plot around two ten year olds in love, all while completely ignoring the third wheel, who was written as a dumb, arrogant idiot. Wow. Just wow. I'm really appalled. I don't know HOW people haven't seen the illogicalness in this story. If you're going to write a romance story, at least include a plot next time. And correct portrayal of characters.

What the crap is with Snap and "What's that red stuff?" How freaking stupid do you want to make him? Despite the fact that Snap is made of chalk, he still has ORGANS and blood. And don't try to tell me I'm wrong, because if you paid attention to the right episodes, you'd see that Snap STATES OUTRIGHT that he has organs.

There was no suspense whatsoever. That weird dragon thing was really flawed. Sensitive to light? Why the heck did it have LIGHTS ON IT THEN? Skrawl isn't an idiot. (Also, why didn't he have a PLAN? It all seemed like some excuse to try and make something dramatic out of a Penny captured situation, only to have Rudy GALLANTLY come to her rescue so they could display their infinite ten-year-old love for one another and glorify their romance over their friendship with Snap.) And why did Snap just cower in the corner the whole time? Why wouldn't the dragon see HIM if it saw Rudy and Penny? Oh yeah. That's right. Author prejudice. Way to be extensively unprofessional by including personal bias.

They were horribly out of character. ESPECIALLY Snap. And oh, I LOVE the logical amount of detentions Rudy got in such a short time. Wow. Your version of Rudy is REALLY dumb.

I could include more, but if I stated everything I didn't like about this story, my review would be longer than the story itself.
TS and Double-T Forever Strong chapter 10 . 8/1/2011
I'm reading this in 2011 and PROUD OF IT!
trex841 chapter 10 . 6/24/2011
love it. love it, love it, love it. espeshaly the ending in the hospital, it is simply fantastic. we need more fluff like that in this part of the site.
funnybunny chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
ah fluff...
Shiue Evelyn Fha chapter 10 . 5/11/2009
Wow, it's so sweet! You know, I very like this story.
Sugarbomb chapter 10 . 11/6/2008
Dear God. I love the whole Chalk Zone T.V. series and all...But you made life better for me. I mean I'm a HUGE fan of the show. You just made it so much better. AH! Thank you! Evey time i stopped to do something while reading this, I started to hypervenalate. I had to really try to keep a straight face. By the way...It's Nov. 6, 2008. i have no idea when you made this story. i'm so happy that i found it. Luv ya! And the Story!*Screaming again in my head*

Ginourmous fan,

Sugarbomb,spongebob...whatever. i like sugarbomb better-O.o
DarkHououmon chapter 10 . 6/26/2007
Aw. Such a nice ending.

I liked this story. My fav chapter is the 9th.
DarkHououmon chapter 9 . 6/26/2007
Oh boy, intense scene between Skrawl and Penny. I liked it.

I hope they get Rudy help soon!
DarkHououmon chapter 8 . 6/26/2007
Aw. Poor Penny and Snap. But, at least Rudy's still alive. But for how long?
DarkHououmon chapter 7 . 6/26/2007
Now that was one nasty dragon.

Poor Rudy. I hope he is okay. I feel bad for Penny. She probably blames herself for what happened to Rudy.
DarkHououmon chapter 6 . 6/26/2007
What a situation they are in now. Paralyzed and chalkless. I wonder how they are going to escape.
DarkHououmon chapter 5 . 6/26/2007
A paralyze ray that disintigrates and a disintigrating ray that paralyzes? Does anything in the Dome of the Future work right? :P
DarkHououmon chapter 4 . 6/26/2007
Hurry, Rudy! Go find Penny!

This story just keeps getting better and better.
DarkHououmon chapter 3 . 6/26/2007
Penny has been captured by Skrawl? I hope Rudy finds her fast!