Reviews for Pirates: The Lost Glamorous Figures of Our Time
bettysuepirate chapter 1 . 3/25/2004
come now lass, let's be on with tales of ol'Jack. Gibbs must be able to come up with a few, not including the one involving lashing sea turtles together.
Ye doing well, luv. Keep it this way and I'll be back t'ear more, aye?
BrokenSkye chapter 1 . 10/14/2003
O! I want to know what Gibbs is talking about! Will he say the story about Will and Elizabeth? Or will you make another story/adventure? Did he say that Jack had drowned? No! Please say that he's alive! Keep writing!
ErinRua chapter 1 . 10/12/2003
My dear Thalia ~

First, I DO hope and pray that the last (anonymous!) reviewer is not the cause for no updates on this story. Whoever that person was, they are a waste of air and I hope you dismiss them like a fart in the wind. Sheesh.

That out of the way - this is a *most* intriguing start and I would very much like to see where you go with this. I could just see some little newspaper guy with Benjamin Franklin glasses and buckle shoes, scuttling about trying to find something to print, and being wide-eyed about the Great Pirates of Old. ;-) (LOL, Poor Richard's Almanac, done Caribbean style!) Please do continue on, love, and show us what your writer character finds and sees. This could be great fun, and you certainly have the talent to pull it off. Best of luck with your muses, luv! :-)

Cheers ~

Erin
sylme chapter 1 . 9/29/2003
u discust me. I don't LIke u- for u are a BAD WRITER and U DO NOT KNOW WHAT u are TALking aout. th charcters r TOTALLY out of charater and u got everything WRONG plus how can u kill jack/ it is discusting he is my favorite charscter! it is discusting and this is a horrble story an horrible riter thanks u for runing my day
wellduh chapter 1 . 9/26/2003
For some very strange reason, I can see Jack being gone. Dead? Hard to believe, but... I can see it, sort of. But only afterwards, after he's gone, just like that. Just like here, in this fic. I can't imagine seeing him die, it'd be too odd. Keep it up.
TDWidow chapter 1 . 9/19/2003
Aww...Jack's dead? Of course he's dead, he can't live forever...*sniff*
Araelia Lambert chapter 1 . 9/14/2003
Yes, I must agree with the other reveiwers: Jack is dead? That's just... it's just not right. His character is so immortal in personality that it's hard to swallow that he'd be gone in a book.

*catches onto possible loophole in plot* ahh, but you never directly said that he was dead. Gibbs said "as far as he knew." Gibbs doesn't seem like the sort of person that would know that sort of thing... then again, I didn't think he would out-last Sparrow either, so there you go. Anyhow, I agree with all of the other people: "great start. good plot. jack dead? keep writing." Rae the Writer, over and out.
L'Morgan chapter 1 . 9/7/2003
cool start,but, i second the observation... 'Jack Dead?' aw come on... I'd rather have him turn up some rich merchantile/seaside estate owner at the end that Gibbs sends this author to visit... if you want to satisfy historical incident and all of the Jack-fans? Sure it didn't happen often that a pirate managed to 'retire' and live to a happy old age - but it DID happen on occassion?
Arushinchu chapter 1 . 9/7/2003
I like the idea, and you've started off nicely. Can't wait to see where you go with this!
Noontide chapter 1 . 9/7/2003
I LOVED IT!
HappyBunny1 chapter 1 . 9/7/2003
This is a very good beginning to what I know will turn out to be a very good story, seeing as your an excellent writer. I love the concept (very original) and you have a nice flow to your writing. I hope to see another chapter up soon!
Phoenix Flight chapter 1 . 9/6/2003
Looks promising!
Gambit Gurl Isis chapter 1 . 9/6/2003
I like this, seriously. I can't wait to see what you do wiv' it.

Wait...Jack? Dead? *faints*