Reviews for A Jedi Shall Not Know Love
NarwhalWarlord chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
Fething A.

That was fantastic. Really. Better than most of the published literature I've read.
bluelightsaber12 chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
O.M.G. I have almost no words for how awesome this story is. So. Amazing.

I really loved the last line 3
Gyreflight chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
‘A Jedi Shall Not Know Love’ – but they do, and you show that beautifully here.

You weave the frame of this most effectively, present reality evoking echoes of past memory, all balanced across the structure of the physical meditation that you so vividly and visually describe.

You start as simply as Obi-Wan does with his initiate’s kata, grounding in place and time and person: this is Obi-Wan in exile, still and always a Jedi, after all that has come, and all that will.

I love the little details that you use to bring it into focus, the touches of mundane reality that really bring it home exactly what it means to be such an exile – not just losses endured, but losses yet to come; the worn Jedi cloak, the boots dyed a colour alien to this world and never to be replaced, the small rituals that perhaps no others now remember. As it continues, empathy builds on understanding - not just what has been lost, but what /he/ has lost…and who.

As you say, he really has lost a whole world, but it is the people whose loss cuts the most precisely – Anakin and Siri. The relationship with Siri is built layer on layer until the reader feels with and for them both (the idea of the Lover’s Kata is inspired)…and then it too is gone. And Obi-Wan has lost his heart.

There is an element of tragedy here, but it never quite overwhelms – because as you give Obi-Wan the strength of character to endure without giving up, the reader is challenged to find it too.

Oh, and I have to say, that last line was perfect.

Before I forget, there was one other truly stand out line for me: “His heart could not take the pain of dwelling someplace where there were no answers, where only an empty landscape remained” – it so perfectly and succinctly encapsulates a state of mind, that I can’t add anything to the statement.

Thanks for the read.
Jacquie chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
**favourite piece of star wars fanfiction... sorry for the typo!
Jacquie chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
This is my piece of favourite Star Wars fanfiction. Simply beautiful; your writing moves me.
Obiwan456 chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
Ohh...that last sentence brought a tear to my eyes.

That was so beautiful and heartbreaking. I've read some of your other stories, and I've come to the conclusion that only you can describe katas as such a moving, sensual experience between Obi and Siri, and so full of love and lonliness that the reader is left breathless and looking for a cold shower. More explicit description doesn't elicit the feeling this does.

Wonderful. My heart broke for both of them, and especially for Obi-Wan when he felt the loss of his love in battle.

Crying icon needed here..~Obi's Mom
Christina chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
Beautifully written :}
Dr.Olga chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
Wow. This was absolutely fantastic! One of my favourites, for sure. You're an excellent writer - and I love the emotion in this piece, it had me hooked the entire time, completely swept up in the story. Amazing job.
PlatoDan chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
"Every time they danced, the weight in his heart grew heavier, the longing during the days–weeks–of her absence more powerful."

Great line there. Wow. This whole thing is just so good.

When Siri died... *sniff*

And that end! :'( So poignant. It really is a masterpiece. Bravo!
Calathiel of Mirkwood chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
This was really beautiful! I've always loved the pairing of Siri/Obi-wan and you've captured the bittersweet essence of it to perfection!

weepingphoenix101 chapter 1 . 11/11/2006
Wow... everytime i read this I lose my breath at the bittersweet feelings that you captured so marvelously. Great story!
UrgentOrange chapter 1 . 11/5/2005
This story has to be one of the best in the Star Wars Universe. I've read it over and over again. It's unfair that work of such quality remains unpublished and largely unknown. The emotional depth of your work is unsurpassed. I hope that you will continue writing more fanfics beyond what you have already. Thanks.
Thorongil Finweion chapter 1 . 8/18/2005
By the Force this made me cry! Great story, keep writing!
TaintedSinner chapter 1 . 6/27/2005