Reviews for Set Me Free
Nairobi-Harper chapter 1 . 2/22
I agree with Helga. Miriam and Bob should have divorced a long time ago.
GoldenBug Prime chapter 18 . 4/14/2011
this is great cant wait for the next one
Alwaysanonymous2 chapter 18 . 10/14/2010
Aw please continue :) this story is amazing!
greenpeople chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
i felt in love with this story! is really well written and the characters are not oc. usually the problem with this fandom is that become's to subreal and doesn't keep the line of the personalities of the characters. but this fic doesn't have that, is realy realistic and doesn't become an idealisation of the personaties of the characters! for that i love your fic i would really like the 19 chapter !

p.s: sorry if my english is bad, im from chile.
maryleilah chapter 18 . 7/25/2010
I first read your story when I was a Freshman in college at Texas A&M. I loved it then, and Oh! The nostalgia it brought back...You have a wonderful grasp of just the right balance of tension, suspense, and characterization...and most importanly, great character development.

I wish you would return to the story when you get a chance, but I am sure you are out of college and busy. I do enjoy your Hey Arnold! stories and if you ever put anything else up, I'll be reading.

-M. Leilah
AkaiTsume chapter 8 . 9/7/2009
This is a cute story, but I do have some nitpicks. First: you spend too much time explaining things we all already know. For example, even if we didn't know that Helga had a tough home life and that her attitude was a result of that (in which case, we've probably never even heard of the series), you only need to drop that tidbit once. Having Helga go into it and then having Arnold go over it again is redundant, and it slows down the plot.

Second: You spent a lot of time making it seem like something about everyone moving on to High School was a huge deal, but you didn't actually explain why. Is there a possibility of everyone going to different schools because they live in a city? If not, what difference does it make that they're moving to a different school? They'll still be around each other all the time. You really should have cleared up this issue when Helga first started freaking out about it, because otherwise, it seems like she's holding a huge event over her head that actually isn't going to have any impact on her at all.

Despite those two things, though, I think this is an extremely cute story. I really like your characterizations, and I like the fact that you brought up Bob and Miriam's failing marriage. Nice tie in with the movie's plot, as well, although with the way Arnold reacted to her at first, it seemed like an afterthought.
Lordess Meep chapter 18 . 2/4/2009
Hey...Great story! Love the accurate psychoanalysis of Helga and Arnold (always wanted to do that but I made it a bit too weird)..It's been more than a year since your last update so I hope you aren't dropping it or something. That'd be a shame for this is pretty good!

Do keep writing!
Anna McNarin chapter 18 . 10/14/2008
Hm, over a year since your last update, and having read some of the reviews I gather this is normal. Ok, that works. It's a shame, because it's a good tale, but I'll keep it on my watch list in hopes you grace the internet world with another chapter of zaniness.
nonombre chapter 18 . 9/29/2008
I'm really loving what you're doing with this story! I can't wait for the next chapter!
Luna Chic799 chapter 18 . 11/23/2007
I'm so excited that you finally updated this story! I love it, and I love the way you work in references from the television series. :) I hope things have been going well for you. I'm glad you're off of your hiatus. I hope to read more very soon! :D
AnimatedBritney chapter 18 . 10/4/2007
I can't believe I never read this before, I should have! Anyway, it was very enjoyable, and I hope you continue.

Keep up the Good Writing
Pointy Objects chapter 18 . 10/1/2007
So I'm flipping through the boards, reading my own reviews (because it makes me feel special) and I come across *this* golden little ficlet. And it's like a movie, becasue every little part of this story that I loved just flashbacked in my head. And then (without really meaning to) I say, quite loudly, mind you, "HEy! She's back!"

This story will always have a soft warm pillow in the rec room of my heart. Aww, Arnold's jealous of Arnie. Well, that's understandable. I love Arnold's narrative. Very spot on. Can't wait to see what happens next!

-Pointy_Objects
Jae B chapter 18 . 10/1/2007
This chapter is a great take on Arnold's isolation from family and friends. I have to admit, it's another chapter from another fandom I thoroughly enjoyed. Keep it up. Great work. As always, never stop writing.

-Jae-
Hellerick Ferlibay chapter 18 . 10/1/2007
Huh, still no reviews...? Alas it was predictable. What a shame, the story definitely deserves attention.

About this chapter. Arnold's interest in Jamie-O seems a bit too sudden. I mean you should rather show us first what made Arnold suspicious about him, and only after that you should express the suspicion... Not a big fault of course. BTW, in this chapter you spelt "Jamie-O" or "Jaime-O", while the previous ones had "Jamie O.".

I kinda doubt Arnie can be Aunt Mitzi's grandson. He's football-headed, which is Stella's feature, and he hardly can be related to Miles's aunt. Also, I'm not sure about it, but I believe that it was mentioned that Arnold was named after Stella's father, which explains why Arnie has the same name - he was named after the same person. But still it was a good idea to bring Arnie and Mitzi together. I like analogies between Phil-Mitzi and Arnold-Arnie relationships, and future possible analogies to Helga-Olga and Gerald-Jamie O.

Arnold being jealous to Arnie for attention he gets? Good idea. Well, he always can run away from him to Alaska. :-)

Alas it looks like the story will never be finished and will never reach the 100,0 words milestone you mentioned... It's a very sad thing to think. HA! section has several marvellous jewels, and your story undoubtfully is one of them.

Hm, I wonder, if your story would reach September, would you mention the 9/11 events?
Hellerick Ferlibay chapter 7 . 9/27/2007
You're alive? Wow.

I'm afraid though a three-year break nearly eliminated your "fan base", and the size of the story would scare the new readers away... To say the truth I took some time for me to remember whether I read it. Yes I did, but now the only thing I remember is that it was cut short in the most promising part, and that the story did evoke my interest for the Alaskan ferry boat system for some time.

Well, I guess I'll have to re-read the story to be able to say something new.

But still, it's great that you're with us again.