Reviews for The Taming Of Harry Potter
Griffin Raven chapter 10 . 11/9/2014
So far I have found this story to emotionally moving and sympathetic of young Harry's plight and I absoulutely love the caring, sensitive way that Severus has handled the child. Often this story has brought tears to my eyes just because its so encompassing emotions of the subject matter that it deals with. I do think that Dumbledore should be prevented from any close contact with the child or trying to coerce/manipulate the child into assuming the image of the savior of the wizading world. Because I do feel that this child has done enough for all the adult witches and wizards in the magical world and its well past time that they stood up and took care of the threat from the dark side (along with sorting out the mess of the Ministry). After all the Ministry should accept some blame as well because they never checked upon Harry's well being either - no one should have just taken Dumbledore's word for it that the child was well. Just how many children has/had Dumbledore and the Ministry failed to protect, care for actually not been saved the neglect or abuse?
Griffin Raven chapter 9 . 11/9/2014
Even when young Harry is more socialised he'll never truly fit in with his peers, simply because they won't be able to relate to what the young boy has been through. Also I think that Harry is very likely to be drawn to those children who are quite, outcasts for what ever reason within there own houses - those that have few if any friends (eg like Luna Lovegood).
Griffin Raven chapter 6 . 11/9/2014
Although Harry's parents might have been in Gryffindor, I seriously doubt that young Harry will likely be sorted into that house at all. I think in his heart (which I know Severus has one!) knows that the Harry won't be sorted into that house and its more likely to be sorted into Slytherin. Or better yet not to sort Harry at all and then let him stay with Severus - or simply send the poor young boy to a much smaller magical school. Because at least at a smaller school young Harry would not have so many children who might stare, fawn or potentially bully him.

Think that Severus is handling little Harry's rehabilitation very well and with a great deal of patience (with most students think he doesn't have!) and consideration of all that the child has been through - through hell and back. Think its safe to say that Harry will never be a happy go-luckier child in the same mannder as other children at Hogwarts at his age. I also think that he should not be forced to be the savior of the magical world against Voldemort and his death eaters?
Griffin Raven chapter 5 . 11/8/2014
I think even with Severus's wonderful potions, that Harry is likely to be always small for his age. But I do think that Harry might take longer than a year to relearn things, socialisation, along with regaining his emotional stability - than he could well do without the fawning Ginny Weasley (or anyone else, like Colin "photographer" Creevey) shoving his supposed fame, wealth in his face. Because I don't think that Harry would handle the "fame, over him being the boy-who-lived" at all well. Which is why I'd put him a year behind Ginny - also it would give him much more time.

Its Harry whose important not the worry of the wizarding world over there so-called savior not arriving at Hogwarts - which why I think that Harry should be allowed to attend (if he does) under a new name, so that he can at least have some of his childhood without the expectations of the wizarding world. Bet that Harry is likely to get closer to Severus if they do spend a year/or more retraining and resocialising young Harry. Harry will always need a buffer/somewhere or someone to escape to when everything gets to much for him to handle. Don't think that the poor boy could handle being manipulated or fawned over - which is why I think he'll be sorted into Slytherin or no house at all?
Griffin Raven chapter 4 . 11/8/2014
Definitely think it would take much longer than a year to start on little Harry's rehabilitation. Also I think he could do with being taught (once he's relearnt something) in a smaller school with less children or a one-to-one teacher - because I don't think that the boy will every be comfortable in crowds/not even the size of a normal class of students. Also all the students at Hogwarts are loud/noise, and would be constantly asking questions about where the boy had been or why he behaved differently? Which would leave Harry open to either being teased, bullied or even worst - because Harry will never be a truly friendly child, or brave - because he seems to have more of the survival instinct of a Slytherin! I hope the Dursley's and Umbridge do suffer for the pain and suffering that Harry was put through themselves!

Wonder what kind of damage someone like Lucius Malfoy could do to Umbridge's career, financially as well if he knew - and did take it to get revenge against the woman?
Lilhan56 chapter 14 . 10/28/2014
Great story!
x3MANDO chapter 14 . 10/25/2014
You know a story is fantastically awesome when I find myself tearing up reading about Harry's treatment at the hands of the Dursleys... And that I want to be the shoes of Moody so badly. Please update! I am absolutely dying to find out more, at least until Harry starts Hogwarts. :) 10/10!
koda luna chapter 14 . 10/15/2014
Not 6 years, just 2.
hule chapter 14 . 8/30/2014
Please update *g*.
ripper34 chapter 14 . 6/17/2014
Great story I hope you update it
2,103 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »