Reviews for The Taming Of Harry Potter
Shezan chapter 7 . 11/26/2003
What an extraordinary story! Very impressive. Have you seen Fran├žois Truffaut's "The Wild Child", and read Lucien Malson and Jean Itard's "les Enfants Sauvages"?
sammy chapter 7 . 11/26/2003
I liked that chapter as much as I liked the other once!

BRILLIANT!

Well I think it was a very good idea to let Harry s first words be the one yougave him.

And your explanation is very good.

I wanted to say you should write the next chapter faster, but then it is more importante to write it as good as the once before.

So take your time!

Ahh one question, what is going to happen with Quirrel, I mean when Harry isnt available or in school!

Maby he is at school (I dont mean as a Student) at this time?

Will there be a friendship between Hermione, Ron and Harry?

anyway continue!
Lilyoda chapter 7 . 11/26/2003
Aw! touching chapter as always, nice work and subtle too not making Snape so cuddly but being there for Harry and holding him in his arms... brought tears to my eyes _ and i'm so glad that Snape was praising Harry for little things such as his painting so Harry can actually see what it's like to live a normal life.

Also found it interesting that Snape was pondering about what house Harry is going to be put in if/when he goes to Horwarts... i think that putting him in Grffyindor would be weird assumimg that he does have the characteristics but the way he wold be brought up would probably but change the way he is sorted and put the Sorting Hat in a Dilemma... but also if he is Slytheri THAT would be um interesting too... Also when Harry flinched when Snape put on his napkin for him does that have something to do with his past? or am i reading too much into the chapter? Good job good job good job with the chapter hope you update soon... can't wait for the next chapter...

~Lilyoda~

P.S You mentioned in the last chapter that the title came from a Ray Bradbury book? what is that book called? I'm sort of interested in reading it b/c it sounds a bit like cases of confined children such as Genie...
dontgiveahoot chapter 7 . 11/26/2003
I really, really love this story. The careful, thought-out approach Severus takes to bringing Harry up to the level that he should be is at once touching and amusing - you can almost see him drawing and re-drawing schedules in his head for Harry's first experiences with the outdoors, with shoes, with cutlery, etc.

Speaking of the outdoors, that was one of the most touching and evocative scenes I've seen in a very, very long time. I cried at the pure joy that Harry was feeling for a privilege that so many of us take for granted. I also felt somewhat ashamed of myself for taking it for granted.

The cutlery scene in the latest chapter was very amusing yet real - most children prefer to use their hands over cutlery, especially a child who hasn't used them in so long he's forgotten what they are. Severus pondering over which House Harry would go into was interesting. As intruiging and unique that I would find a Harry-in-Hufflepuff story, I feel that being in the same House as pompous, bossy Ernie Mamillan would not be good for Harry. I think that in Gryffindor, he'd find an unexpected support and defender in Neville Longbottom, who would know EXACTLY what Harry has been through and why he behaves as he does. Plus, the courage Harry has exhibited so far in trying new things, even if they're unpleasant, does suggest Gryffindor.

The nightmare scene, with Harry whispering the phrases that he heard so often falling from the lips of the Dursleys, made me very sad (I cried again, damn you!) and yet, gave me hope as it gave Severus hope. At least Harry is verbal, and understands the general gist of the words he is unconsciously repeating, just as he understands the general meaning of whatever Severus says to him. There is definite hope for him, even amongst the ache in our hearts for seeing him in such pain.
Olivia Wood chapter 7 . 11/25/2003
Ah. Isn't Snape cute? :P
Marchioness Sweet Flower chapter 7 . 11/24/2003
I like how Severus is dealing with Harry.

I like how he realized that it's not a good idea to call Harry 'boy'. Will Harry make the mistake of calling Severus 'Dad' or something similar?
Silent as the Grave chapter 7 . 11/24/2003
Great chapter!
Barbara Kennedy chapter 7 . 11/24/2003
I'm glad to see a small breakthrough for Harry.

His speech can be worked on eventually, now that he has opened up enough to actually talk in front of Snape.
dragongirlG chapter 7 . 11/24/2003
Beautiful! This story just keeps getting better and better. Loved the reference to Thursday's child - and my goodness, Harry's first words - wow, that was very, very startling. Poor kid. I can't wait to see more Severus-Harry interaction - Harry's development is very fascinating, especially since he's not like other feral children.

I hope you continue soon!
fuck off already chapter 7 . 11/24/2003
Good chapter, especially Harry's sneaking under the table to finish dessert.
Mikee chapter 7 . 11/24/2003
Wonderful chatper. Very well done.

Loved dinner, and Severus' reasoning for doing things manualy. Makes perfect sence, and is quite sensitive of him.

At first, I was a little worried that you'd take the dinner scene the route of the old "Helen Keller" movie, and have Harry throw down fork after fork after fork. I was very glad you didn't.

Loved Severus' use of praise at, not only dinner, but about the painting Harry did.

You were right about Harry's first words. I was not expecting those. They did seem quite fitting, though... given his past. Well done.

I also liked Severus' feeling a little sadness at the possible loss (or lessening) of the bond being forged when Harry goes off to Hogwarts. That was sweet.

Also liked Severus being so perceptive about the use of the term 'boy' in relation to Harry.

I'm so looking forward to the next chapter. Please update soon.

Thank you.
Tim chapter 7 . 11/24/2003
I really like how you are writing this. I am curious as to how he is going to react to a stranger. Is he going to be exposed to kids his own age soon?
ER chapter 7 . 11/24/2003
cool. So he's finally starting to learn to be more human. good. WRITE MORE SOON!
SS2 Megami-sama chapter 7 . 11/24/2003
I think a cuddly Sevvy's kawaii! This story is so sweet, the first few chaps were disgusting, because of all the abuse and stuff, but in a way they kept me going throughout the rest. Keep up with this, and update soon.
DaughterofDeath chapter 7 . 11/24/2003