Reviews for The Taming Of Harry Potter
Siri Kat chapter 8 . 12/17/2003
PLEASE PUT HIM IN GRYFFONDOR! I'm not a fan of the house or anything (actually I'm more partial to Ravenclaw and Slytherin than anything) but I think that it makes sense that he should go to Gryffondor, considering everything that he will have to go through, along with the fact that he may be cunning, but the years in the basement would of made that almost obsolete, and I think that he needs the Gryffondors to welcome him, really. Hufflepuffs out because I'm betting that he'd do almost anything to stay out of a situation like that, and the Hufflepuffs would over-whelm him with their mothering (no offence meant). Hmm...mabe Ravenclaw would be good? Anyways, I think that he should be Gryffindor.
sev1970 chapter 8 . 12/17/2003
That was amazing! Having Harry delay his emotions to correspond with Severus asking him if he was okay, was masterfully done. I know with my nephews now, when they fall, we are all tempted to run to them, coo at them and say it will be alright, but much of the time, they are fine and it is only our overreaction that scares them and causes them to become upset. But there is the other side, as you have demonstrated in this chapter - when children are ignored, they learn to internalize everything. Severus showing that he actually cared for Harry and was concerned as to his wellbeing had to have been a major shock for Harry. Looking forward tos eeing what happens next. sev1970
restivesilence chapter 8 . 12/17/2003
Wow.. I really enjoyed the outside point of view. It really made everything seem better. :D Fabulous chapter!
magnetic-starfish chapter 8 . 12/17/2003
Wow! This fis is great!
Please review soon!
dontgiveahoot chapter 8 . 12/17/2003
The introduction of Minerva McGonagall to this chapter was to me a very pleasing one, as I adore her as a character and always have. You portrayed her very skillfully - battling her instincts just as Severus has for a month, in order to keep from distressing Harry. It was also good to see the vast improvement from an outsider's point of view, as you said - under Snape's care, in just one month Harry has gone from a starved, half-dead creature that was more animal than human, to a healthy, well-cared-for child who has learned to walk, eat using cutlery, bathe and dress himself and play, all with minimal assistance. Her mothering of Severus, too, was simultaneously sweet and poignant - and, dare I say it, cute. Though Severus would scorn such an observation, I'm sure. And the further ponderings on Harry's Sorting, both teasing and serious, were delightful - as was Minerva's torn loyalties towards both Albus and the child she watched, and his future. I'm sad that the Trio is already shattered for good, but I hope that the two can at least be friends with him, even if not the best friends they were in canon - I truly believe that Ron's easygoing, undemanding affection and Hermione's well-read understanding, along with Neville's empathy with Harry, would be extremely beneficial to him. However, if he's to spend any amount of time with Draco over the holiday periods, it's entirely possible that that attachment may replace the others. We'll have to see. As I said, I'd like to see Harry in an unexpected House (I'm aware that I'm the only one that suggested Gryffindor!) Perhaps Hufflepuff would be a good option for this Harry? He's certainly got the loyalty and industrious nature, plus in that way, you could have all four Houses, students and teachers alike, interact with Harry on a more even basis - no Gryffindor or Slytherin biases to make things harder for him. Ravenclaw is similar in possibility, with the added benefit that the Head of House, Flitwick, is physically unimposing and also very gentle emotionally - he'd be a good guide for Harry.
snowflake chapter 8 . 12/17/2003
Firstly, I hope you feel better and get over your flu!
Another great chapter! I liked the way that Harry is improving, we'll see more of this, won't we? I liked McGonagall's point of view a lot in this chapter. You said that we'd see more of Dudley- I'm dying to read that. Is Harry ever going to talk? Are we going to see the rest of his improvements? Update soon!
Arafel2 chapter 8 . 12/17/2003
The chapter definately lived up to expectations and surpased them. I like how you did break the trio but somewhat with cannon. I also like how you gauged Harry's reaction to his knee. My nephews do the same thing. In fact if they fall down and you laugh generally they will laugh too. It's a wonderful trick. Hope you feel better soon.
john chapter 8 . 12/16/2003
Loved it! Very good! POOR HARRY!
UPDATE ASAP!
PS: Make Harry a slytherin!
DaughterofDeath chapter 8 . 12/16/2003
add a new chapter
JerseyPike chapter 8 . 12/16/2003
another lovely chapter if I do say so myself. *yea I have internet connection* lol I didn't for several days. It was hard, but I am glad I could get back on and read what you have put up!
starangel2106 chapter 8 . 12/16/2003
I really liked this chapter. The best and I think this is the first time I've read something so true, is that they(the order? population?) placed so much on Harry but as Dumbledoe messed up it didn't matter if the boy was the light or not but it was time to put his needs first. That ones just great!
Marchioness Sweet Flower chapter 8 . 12/16/2003
I think it was a good idea for Harry to meet someone new. It will help make him more socialable. If Harry goes to Hogwarts, I don't know which house Harry should be in. I don't think his personality is fully developed yet, so it's hard to make a determination. I don't think it should be Slytherin because it's been done so many times. How about Hufflepuff? As far as Harry making friends with other kids, I think his friends should most likely be kids in his year. He could be friends with Ginny. I guess it depends on which house he gets sorted into. You mentioned having Harry befriend Dean and Seamus. Does this mean that he'll be in Gryffindor? Will this Harry be more open to inter-house friendships? Even if Harry's year mates will be a year younger than him, I don't think it will make much of a difference because Harry is immature for his age.
Amirathis chapter 8 . 12/16/2003
Thank you again for a magnificent chapter! I liked very much the interaction between Minerva and Severus.
As to the question which house Harry be sorted into, I think he will end up in Slytherin. Not only are his Slytherin traits more developed because of the abuse, but surely the Sorting Hat will recognize his need for Severus(...and like Minerva said, the Hat doesn't want to object a child to misery).
Will Draco be nice to Harry? Is Lucius still evil?
Arizosa chapter 8 . 12/16/2003
Yeah I really liked the hurt knee scene. I love Sevvies character *grin*
I live that you've begun to blend in oither characters now. Mixes are good.
Happy Christmas, Blessed Be and a splendid New Year. *hug*
angel74 chapter 8 . 12/16/2003
another great chapter... I feel that you are making Harry's reactions to everything very believable and I am thoroughly impressed on how much research you are doing on the subject so that your story is more authentic. that is a sign of a concientious writer. Kudos to you! can't wait for the next chapter, update soon.
2,063 | « Prev Page 1 .. 104 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 124 .. Last Next »