Reviews for The Taming Of Harry Potter
sev1970 chapter 7 . 11/24/2003
Very good chapter! I thought Harry's eating with a utensil lesson was very well done; even for normal young children it seems as though most of them hold their utensils like I suppose Harry was holding his - I remember when I was six and watched my sister, who was three, eating. And I told her she was holding the spoon wrong and showed her the correct way, and she wasn't the only one - LOL!

I am glad Severus realized he should quite calling Harry "boy." I cannot stand to hear anyone calling a child boy or girl, they do have a name afterall!

I cannot imagine that Harry and Severus will ever be truly parted, even if Harry is sorted into Gryffindor. But it will be interesting to see what Harry's reaction to Severus is when he finds out about him about a death eater. Looking forward to the next chapter. sev1970
Writer is Ninja chapter 6 . 11/24/2003
Well, Ravenclaw is the only House besides their own that Slytherins don't look down on. I'd like Harry to have friends in both Gryffindor and Slytherin, and I just don't see that happening if he ends up in one of those two houses. Slytherins are generally known to think that Hufflepuffs are stupid, and Sev implied that Harry would probably be in one of those three houses. Harry seems to be relearning at a steady pace, so I think he's smart enough for Ravenclaw. Give Sev a surprise. Put Harry in Ravenclaw! Why does that sound like an advertisement? Really, though, I like the idea of Harry in Ravenclaw. There are too many fics with Harry in Slytherin. Why can't we see him in a different House this time? I still want him to have friends in Gryff. and to have friends in Slyth. I think that Ravenclaw would work for the best and surprise Severus. Please? At least think about it. Anyway, I really like your fic. I think that this is possibly the longest review I've ever given. You're doing a great job with this fic. All right, I'll let you go. I just keep babbling on and on. You're probably getting sick of me, if you weren't a long time ago. Bye.

Rosaleen chapter 7 . 11/24/2003
Such a good title for an incredibly moving chapter. I was almost in tears at the end. I think you had Snape's character spot on. He is only human, after all. I wondered how you would handle the speech and language aspect of this fic and I was thinking about Genie's case too. You did it well and make some very good points. I really really look forward to more. Well done :).
callas-and-ivy chapter 7 . 11/24/2003
Definately not too cuddly. Just right, poor kid. *growls at Dursley's*

You've put a lot of thought into all of this and it shows. Well done.

Under the Oak Tree chapter 7 . 11/24/2003
Ah, you've updated! I love you for that! I really like your work, a different spin on the Abused!Harry tale and I think it's going great. Not too fast, and not too slow.

I do have one complaint though. The chapters are so short! Makes me wish I found your story after it ended so as to save me the agony of waiting!

Again, kudos to you and here's for more, soon! (Hint)

Arizosa chapter 7 . 11/24/2003
I don't think Sev was too cuddly at all. I think you really got him just right.

You should be pround of this fic, wich you certantly are I believe, as you say this is your first go at this style. I think this is a real professional fic. You get all the important moment right and nothing too much or too litte. Just right.

Good job.
Layce74 chapter 7 . 11/24/2003
SoContagious chapter 7 . 11/24/2003
Aweseome new chapter, the ending was so very touching I loved it. Especially that phrase "Within the slight form he held in his arms, there was a little boy... and yes, that boy did indeed have a voice." - that was just amazing and summed it up so well. It's really nice to see that Harry isn't 'completly' gone, but there really IS a small boy underneath it all. You're potraying Sbnape also in a great way, he is still completly in character but you can see that he really does care about Harry, in a way.

To sum it up: wonderful new chapter, to an even more wonderful story in general :)
Guest chapter 7 . 11/24/2003
Good story.

I like the melting of Snapes heart.
lighted eagle chapter 7 . 11/24/2003
Man, that was intense. Dude, I just love the characterization in this fic. I’m really enjoying reading this story, it's quite a tale, and it's imaginatively and creatively written.

On the more mechanical side of things: good structure, good word usage, nice formatting, cohesive paragraphing and chaptering. Spelling good, I’d say flawless, but I get so into you're story that I hardly look at spelling o_0

Interesting to see the Snape is considering next year, and his future relationship with Harry (just curious, when where you planning on finishing this story (you might have already mentioned, if so I apologize for bringing it up again...bad memory) - when Harry arrives at Hogwarts, or after his first year? Or when?)

Hmm, good work, I look forward to the next chapter. Once again, two thumbs up.
john chapter 7 . 11/24/2003
Loved it! I loved the dinner scene! I can't wait for someone like McGonagall to visit harry and snape!

WolfMoon chapter 7 . 11/23/2003
Nice chapter mate! I like the story so far. AU's are some of my fav. types of stories. I'm writing out of my own at present, though its a Harry raised from when his parents died by Sirius, rather than something starts when Harry is a little older.

Hope you update again soon!

Arafel2 chapter 7 . 11/23/2003
You are doing a wonderful job. :) I can't wait till the next chapter.
Wynjara chapter 7 . 11/23/2003
It's amazing the detail that you've shown in Harry's recovery and Severus's treatment of him. Please continue soon.
Minerva-Severus-Dumbledor chapter 7 . 11/23/2003
Wonderful chapter, well for this type of story anyway. It's really scary when you know for a fact people out there actually treat children in such a way as the Dursley's do.

Looking forward to the next installment!

1,984 | « Prev Page 1 .. 104 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 124 .. Last Next »