Reviews for Black and White
Quandary chapter 20 . 3/16
To be fair you are right about some people falling for it hook, line, and sinker. My brother fell for it and you had me convinced for a minute, then you had him call the prostitute "pretty birdie" which could have meant he was getting back at Raven or the killer was from a UK Commonwealth. The reason he would have used that if it was Savior would have been Mad Mod or another British Mind-controller like Manchester Black. The likelihood that one of them could turn Savior into a killer seemed low and you don't read as the type to cause unnecessary harm to your characters if you can avoid it. So that meant that the birdie comment had to be from a new villain with similar powers to Savior. You were going to have to add a nemesis eventually and one with the same powers is just easier to explain. Good work and keep writing.
Scion of Madness chapter 20 . 7/4/2013
I had actually thought that the Shimmer had been becoming sentient and controlling Noel. Or that Noel had Split Personality Disorder. Anyway, amazing chapter, just as good as the others.
HolyCross9 chapter 2 . 5/11/2013
Is this story connected with the Justice League cartoon?
Concolor44 chapter 25 . 3/20/2013
This Raven more closely resembles the one (Evil Raven) from the comic.

She's badass.
Concolor44 chapter 22 . 3/19/2013
And I don't blame him one bit. Can't say I wouldn't do the same thing. THEY betrayed HIS trust this time.
Concolor44 chapter 20 . 3/19/2013
No, I DIDN'T "know" it wasn't Noel. I suspected the Shimmer of having a sort of life of its own.

This? This is worse. For the Titans, in the short term.
Concolor44 chapter 19 . 3/19/2013
Actually, Starfire, the human body has a LOT of metals in it: Iron, Calcium, Potassium, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Sodium, Manganese, and Zinc, just to name the top eight. That's true for practically all complex organisms on earth.

Crap.

Crap-crap-crappity-crap. Noel, what have you done? And was it really you? Or is the Shimmer enough of a "separate entity" that it goes off by itself to commit these atrocities?
Concolor44 chapter 17 . 3/18/2013
Hahaha! Good one. I guess you can add THAT kind of lie to the standard three laid down by Mark Twain ("Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics").

With Star as, um, 'exercised' as she currently is, I seriously doubt the outcome of the impending battle. She's gonna hand Blackfire her ass, in small, bloody fragments.
Concolor44 chapter 15 . 3/13/2013
... what?

Wait ... what?

No, seriously. What the hell? Let me back up and ...

Okay. The shifting perspectives, sans anything to give a clue as to who or where, are a little hard to follow. I thought that was Savior. But now I don't think so.

I hope.
Concolor44 chapter 13 . 3/13/2013
Dang. Sounds like an artificial creature to me. Somebody MADE Aberration and then turned it loose (or it just GOT loose) on an unsuspecting public. I don't know whether I should hope it gets smarter or just stays dumb. If it stays dumb, it'll show up again, and soon. If it gets smarter, it may figure out that its best bet is to just stay down in the sewers and avoid conflict. But then, if it gets a LOT smarter, it might figure out how to impersonate a human, and then ...

Hmm. That WOULD explain a lot of corporate CEOs, now wouldn't it?
Guest chapter 12 . 3/11/2013
I'm a little surprised that Nightlord's circuitry didn't fry when the water tower fell on him. Must be REALLY advanced. (Nanite-based?) But, yeah, if they didn't find a body that means he didn't die. Period. As many horrific things as they have faced, they should know that by now.

That psychic-energy-encased Shimmer trick was SWEET! They should practice that.

Oh, wait ... they can't really function as a couple that way, can they? She's too far in denial, and he just hurts too damn much.
Guest chapter 10 . 3/11/2013
Hmm. A "pragmatic" super-villain? That's nicely fresh. I can sort of identify with his attitude in regards to junkies and thugs and whatnot. They are nothing but leeches, taking up someone else's space and using up someone else's oxygen. His solution is neat (well ... not in the sense of clean laundry) and permanent.

One does, however, worry about who ELSE he might consider "un-useful". Might superheroes fall into that category? That would be ... unfortunate.

Noel is in difficulties with his feelings for Raven. That might hold a surprise or two. For both of them.
Concolor44 chapter 9 . 3/7/2013
Wow. Helluva fight scene, there! (claps effusively) You got my breathing and heart rate kicked into high, which is going some.

And Raven took care of him! Awesome job, girl! (claps some more)

I really like your writing style. But lemme tell ya, the "Humor" in this chapter was a might thin.

Killjoy was some kind of cyborg, too, right? That's my take on it. And with no corpus delecti, I fear we haven't seen the last of him.
Concolor44 chapter 7 . 3/7/2013
Daaaaaaaaamn. Yeah, that's bad news.

Maybe the Titans could stay on the Watchtower for a couple weeks?
Concolor44 chapter 6 . 3/7/2013
Sorry about no review last chapter, but ... COME ON! With a cliffhanger like that and the next chapter just hanging there in front of me like a ripe peach? Who could resist? Not me!

Excellent battle. Really fine work. I wondered briefly whether he'd let the Shimmer cut them, but he didn't. That would have made for a short fight but then he's trying to be a hero and not kill if it can be avoided. Good for him. Except he REALLY got hurt.

Killjoy sounds like bad news.