Reviews for Artemis Fowl: The Ruby Conspiracy
TheBlackCoyote chapter 3 . 4/8/2005
update e
Secca Irises chapter 8 . 4/8/2005
Actually, "The Opal Deception" is out right now. I bought it, but am not going to reas it until tomorrow; I am going on vactaion over Spring Break. Anyway, it looks very good, and I can't wait to read it.

On the topic of you fanfic, I really like it. Just as a note, the mushy stuff a few chapters back was a little OOC for Artemis, although Holly's actions make sense now that the effects of the potion Holly took have been explained. Not that I dislike fluff - To the contrary! I like all the mushy fluff I can get! I just want it to stay belivable. Just tone it down a tiny bit for Artemis in the future, k?

Other than that, your writing is absolutly wonderfull. You are doing a very good job, writing in Eion Colfer's voice, and the plot is quite belivable and realistic. Please, continue writing!

I also like Harry Potter, and I believe you mentiond that you enjoy that realm of fanfiction also. If you ever run out of ideas, may I suggest you write some in that area? I would most deffinatly enjoy finding out if you can write Draco Malfoy as easily you do Artemis...

I will review when you update again! Just make sure you update, so that can happen!

*Secca Irises*
Mr. Peabody Hawke chapter 8 . 4/8/2005
I'm not going to kill you, because I'm so VERY pleased that you continued this. That being said, the chapter wasn't your best; the dialogue got a little confusing when everyone was in the room (keeping track of who could hear what Foaly and Root said; who had the laptop at any given moment; etc.). I loved the exchange between Holly and Artemis, however- I mean, not because of its content but because it was a good development to the story and gave kept them strongly in-character. And it was well done. Anyway, I'm looking forward to more, and I hope everything works out so that you don't have to delay so long this time! ;

And btw, The Opal Deception HAS hit the shelves! I'm reading it right now. Order it from ; I know it says (or at least it said) that the release date is May something or other, but I preordered it and the other day it just showed up! o_O I won't spoil it for you, but I'll just say that so far it's excellent, everything we can expect, with lurvly little A/H hints that will probably never be followed through because it's really just me reading too much between the lines. Oh yeah, and it's... somewhat darker than the previous ones. ; But it's still good! *dances in circles*
I should be Studying chapter 8 . 4/7/2005
For shame, nearly two years and you haven't updated, I was more than a little sure that you had died.

No that I'm done reprimanding you I shall give you a god review:

Excellent chapter no one was too OOC, and I though it was very funny. The real Opal Deception is said to hit American Bookstores somewhere between May 20-25. If you go to Eoin's website it'll give you a preview of the first chapter and the prolude. I hope you update soon

I should be Studying
me obviously chapter 8 . 4/7/2005
Good chapter. Will Root ever find out?

The Opal Deception is already out, in Southern California at least. I've read it, it's good and not so "happily ever after" as the last three.

Update soon.
Harrangatang chapter 1 . 3/28/2005
Sorry to wast review space. Just thought I'd warn you that while you did well in remembering to inform everyone that you do not own Arty, you made the unfortunate error/copywrite failure/plagerism (I doubt the last one but it's possible) of titling your fanfic the exact title as the next AF book. In any case, While I doubt this will be any cause of trouble, I would suggest considering retitling your fanfic

best of luck,

James

P.S. Please update soon
Harrangatang chapter 4 . 3/28/2005
Just read your chapter. Very much enjoy your writing I must say. However, I was among (I assume) many readers dissapointed with the name for your superweapon (can't blame you for lack of creativity late at night though I know how it is). In any case, My personal proposal is that you name it something to the extent of "Lepton x" (The x obviously entailing some number be it 20, 10, 50, whatever you wish. As a little background on the name, a Lepton is a subatomic particle which in most cases carries a charge. Divisions are the commonly known electron, the muon, the tau, and their antiparticles. A final subdivision of leptons, the neutrino, is a neutral lepton. Hope this helps.

James
Mamberz987 chapter 7 . 3/27/2005
omg! what happens next? is everyone gonna see holly turn back to an elf? what is artemis thinking about katie! noo! why is she in this fic? -pounds katie- stay away from arty! he is all holly's! hehehe, aanyways, this is a REALLY good story, and i wanna read more...but there's no more chapters left to read! please fix this predicament of mine by writing some more and updating! that would really make my day! :D please update soon, please! -begging puppy dog eyes- i like this story!
person who likes your story chapter 7 . 3/18/2005
update! you're not updating! why? oh, and love the fic
David chapter 7 . 2/17/2005
Very, very good story over all. Your portrayal of Artemis is especially grand, I can emphasize with him-often times it's something that's happened to me before. Sometimes last week.

Holly is...strange. She works as a convincing high school girl and an unbelievably bizarre eighty year-old LEPrecon. Result of the potion I guess.

I love the Katie dynamic. Works so well, plays so true. Ignore the naysayers—what’s a romance without turbulence?

Not sure if the kissing aspect is realistic or not. Usually, I’m the one leaving the room.

The grammar is fairly good throughout, a few niggling things, but forgivable given the length. A couple of confusing sentences lurk around as well. But, again, given the length, this is more than understandable.

The mesmer plothole is pretty glaring. Sorry, had to point that out.

You haven’t used the Artemis Fowl universe terribly much—sure, there are fairies, and Opal’s doing some such thing or another, but they’re extraneous. At the end of the day, none of the characters matter save Artemis and Holly. Romance first, plot second, I guess.

Your Mulch displeases me. Maybe it’s been to long since I read the books, but he doesn’t remind me of Mulch at all.

When are you going to update? Last chapter was posted a year and a half ago! That’s a mighty big cliff-hanger to leave standing. I’m terribly curious and I want an ending. A good ending.

In Summary: Good Artemis, Good (if completely out of character) Holly. Bad Mulch. Good Katie. Bad Plothole(s). Hanging cliffs.
P.I.Short chapter 7 . 1/20/2005
Jade its been a long time since you've updated. Please do I love your story and I like the A/H pairing. Please update soon!
Jade Sabre chapter 7 . 12/10/2004
hey...it HAS been two months. oops. well, the holidays are coming up...now if I can just remember where the plot was going...
Deh Vap chapter 7 . 12/3/2004
Get rid of Katie! More A/H romance!
Sweet-straw hat chapter 7 . 10/23/2004
oh my gosh! this is one of the best af fics ive ever read! go you! I felt like i was actually reading out of the original books, it was so so perfect! YAY FOR A/H!

STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OUT OF THE PRISSY LITTLE INTERFEREING BI-okay I'll stop now. That was directed towards twitchKatietwitch, as im sure you know

well good job, update soon!
a reader chapter 7 . 10/14/2004