Reviews for How Not to Write Evangelion Fanfics
Andross937 chapter 1 . 9/12/2003
THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL! Someone set us up the bomb! Pure genious! I hope I spelled that right... oh well! THIS IS GREAT!
ChiBi HenTAi AnGeL chapter 1 . 9/12/2003
Yeah, that last one sucked. But otherwise...HAHAHAHA!
kjir09 chapter 1 . 9/11/2003
“Yes, we require these ‘Evas’ of yours to take care of a certain Mr. Jong-il in North Korea...”

LOL. All the nukes in the world won't save him if they decided to use the EVAs (provided the EVAs actually existed...).

This is actually a pretty good guide to writing EVA works, besides being hilarious in many parts. I'm sure newbie writers will enjoy this immensely.
OdetoJoy chapter 1 . 9/11/2003
That was freakin' great. I've read a great deal of fanfiction, and I can tell you, you've hit several of the things that have ruined promising fics. This is long, so get something to eat.

1. In several S/A stories (don't like SA too much, but that's me) Asuka suddenly mellows out toward Shinji for no reason and/or he becomes Rambo, winning her heart. In SR stories she spontaneously becomes normal (I'm SR, but I like in character SR).

2. I've never had a problem with this one, just lack of originality on the whole. What was that from anyway?

bad foreshadowing has bitten me several times in AU fics when something that originally happened is going to happen even though it's AU and the author doesn't even try to hide or surprise you with it due to lack of originality.

4. Ugh, in all self-inserts the chara who the SI is replacing is either killed or disposed of in the stupidest or simplistic of ways. I mean simplistic, something like "He got locked in a room;" so I'm joking, but you get the idea.

5. This one burns my flesh. There have been numerous offenses here. I never believed Ranma/Eva could work even though it's used so damn much. Ranma is a comedic karate show while Eva is angsty, religiously symbolic, psycho anylitical, and has mecha.

6. Only in parodies

7. I've only seen this once and I wanted to die. What made it worse is that it was K/Rei and he stood up to Zeruel with minimal backup. The little prick's annoying to boot.

8. I've seen a handful, and only one on actually worked: Difficult, but not impossible.

9. I thought the All You Base movie was funny and it made me laugh my ass off. You should do more or make one for other animes, mediums, etc.
Wolvenrider chapter 1 . 9/11/2003
YESS! HILARIOUS!
anonymous chapter 1 . 9/11/2003
Man that was hilarious.
AN Seranov chapter 1 . 9/11/2003
roffle.

Just roffle.

This is seriously funny, and it shows little fault. Good job, and keep it up. ;)

one more time is all I need,

Alexei Nikolaivch Seranov
El Capitan chapter 1 . 9/11/2003
Love it. Laugh dammit!
yyyyyyyyyyyyyy chapter 1 . 9/11/2003
awesome.
renzokuken-sama chapter 1 . 9/11/2003
I really agree that your fic explains some of the bad EVA fic ideas. I especially enjoyed examples 1, 9, and 8. 1 for making Gendo a pseudo-hippie, 8 for the AMV that it is based of, and 9 because of the irony (patriot-3 act? it just screams reality.) I hope you can do more of these, possibly for other anime as well.
Daquarma chapter 1 . 9/11/2003
That was awesome!

Woah! I never laughed so hard before...

Ack

-Darq
Quarigon Le'th chapter 1 . 9/11/2003
Oh God that was funny! Especially the 'All Your Base Are Belong To Us' at the bottom... and the Monty Phyton: Holy Grail scene. Thanks for the humour.
brassmonki chapter 1 . 9/11/2003
dude... best gendo ooc ever
Calethos Verilain Blacksworth chapter 1 . 9/11/2003
Dear God! That was funny. And I have already seen some of those. Including the Unspeakable Reason. I had to laugh hard at that.
Ronn chapter 1 . 9/11/2003
Dude. They actually have an AMV with the Black Knight Sketch for the fight between Asuka and the 14th Angel.
63 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »