Reviews for Aces of Hearts
Drew Michaels chapter 9 . 11/9/2012
Beautiful! I don't know what was better: Breetai admitting he was pwned by Max or Miriya's reaction to the fact that Max pwned Breetai, the one Zentraedi who she could admit was a better soldier than her. Great scene!
Danak chapter 10 . 1/27/2012
Repito me gusta la historia, de verdad y la vuelvo a leer.
DanaK chapter 4 . 12/17/2011
Me parece fantastico tu punto de vista, su destino era encontrarse, el momento adecuado, no creo que Miriya lo hubiese perdonado a Max si lo encontraba antes (queria desquitarse con él cuando el estaba disfrazado). estos encuentros y desencuentros me gustaron.
Wolfman chapter 4 . 10/5/2009
Nice to see that Miriya has a functioning brain, unlike Khyron...
JovianJeff chapter 1 . 12/13/2007
A wonderful beginning.
Fruitcakesloveandpeace chapter 1 . 11/11/2006
an awsome read

I'll Be Watching...
Smithy chapter 10 . 7/8/2005
I love this couple way more than the whole Lisa-Rick-Minmay thing. I guess deep down it's because of the whole Romeo and Juliet twist to this slant. And the fact both have hair in such wild colors makes it sort of a punkish version.
Geodesic chapter 10 . 10/7/2004
Excellent story!
Poison Rose chapter 1 . 7/28/2004
Thank you so much for this fic. It was so deep and well written... it made me recall all my favorite Robotech episodes which is amazing because the last time I saw any was nearly seven years ago. Please continue the good work.

P.s- My favorite characters in the Macross saga were Max and Miriya, by the way.
Rick Ons chapter 10 . 4/7/2004
Impressive story. I'm going to feel like an idiot for asking if Max and Miriya survived that last battle, since my Robotech knowledge is sketchy at best.
Unlike you, you clearly did some research on this subject, and the English/Japanise translation was a good touch. Sigh, I really wish I'd seen all the episodes. The more I learn about Robotech the more I realize what I missed out on.
Once more, an impressive story all the way to the end, touching on my favorite Robotech romance. You could defintiely write those novels you talked about a whole lot better.
Hearns chapter 10 . 4/5/2004
This was a good ending to the story,
It winds up the end of the first Robotech war and the end of the series. It points towards how Miriya has fears that she has to ensure that her daughter will have a future without all the heartbreak and turmoil of her life.
But reality is darker than the dreams we have for our children.
All a parent can do is hope for the best for their child and pray that that it works our for the better.
Nice end for the story with Max and Miriya reflecting at the end.
Hearns
Akino Ame chapter 10 . 4/5/2004
Very good job with this. The skipping around you did in between different months and stages of pregenacy could have been a little more fluid, but this did serve as an epilogue.
Breetai's question was funny, but his reaction to Exedore's answer was even better. That's what my siblings and I went through when we first learned about sex ed. And the part about combining the Japanese and American adaptations of _Macross_, brilliant. I liked that idea. It looks like the Zentraedi language follows the opposite rule of Japanese: instead of substituting "r"s for "l"s, it's "l"s for "r"s.
Wonderful closure to a great fic. Great job.
My grade: A-: just a little jumpy with the time lapses in this chapter and the last. Made it a little harder to follow. Other than that, great job.
Hearns chapter 9 . 3/19/2004
YES, YES, YES.
MUST HAVE MORE MAX AND MIRIYA STORY
sorry...
Great Story, Will be back for more.
Shannon
Sword Guy chapter 9 . 1/14/2004
I just wanted to say. . .
Thank you.
It's always nice to see such romance written, but the length . . . the depth . . . The . . .
*looks around to see if he can find the words that ran off*
I can't figure out what to say about this. It is undoubtedly the best piece of writing I've seen in a long, long time. 10 out of 10. Infinity and beyond. Et cetera.
This is great. This is why I joined this site, and why I visit it so often.
Akino Ame chapter 9 . 11/23/2003
Very good with the final battle and the meeting with Max, Miriya, and Breetai. I do have some issues with how things were jumping around incessantly earlier and the lack of detail on the Rain of Death, but the ending really made up for it.

But then... Then from the bowels of Hades arose a man too hideous to be real. He committed unspeakable acts whilst he preached for peace. And that man's name was Linn Kyle.

Yeah. Still trying to deal with the incest. The scene literally sent me on the floor gagging from from sheer repulsion. *twitches* I hate him.

But, despite Kyle, very good job. I will be waiting anxiously for more.