Reviews for The Summer of the Phoenix
hahaha chapter 39 . 1/1/2014
lololol
Snarky64 chapter 38 . 12/1/2013
Very enjoyable background story. Thank you.
Princess Shania chapter 25 . 11/16/2011
Snape,you evil nasty mean old git!
Princess Shania chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
Dramatic already!
Jelbertie chapter 39 . 7/6/2011
That was your first fanfiction? Oh my god it was amazing! I love it! Wowee, this is the perfect example of what a good fanfiction is. Well done!
alix33 chapter 25 . 8/25/2010
"Can't we just give him the run of the house, Sirius? He's a very clean cat, and he won't break anything, we promise." "Except maybe one or two more of my ribs," Sirius grinned. "No, go ahead. No problem. He can catch a rat or two for Buckbeak if he wants to make himself useful." Crookshanks looked at Sirius with his big, gleaming eyes, and blinked as if he'd understood." - As if he understood? Of course he understood!
alix33 chapter 22 . 8/25/2010
"Locomotor trunk," the twins repeated in one voice, and both their trunks were lifted from the ground, hovered on the spot for a moment, and then started racing each other for the stairs. "Don't!" Mrs Weasley hissed exasperatedly as Fred and George tore after them, clearly taking advantage of the fact that the situation didn't allow their mother to shout at them. They could hear the trunks bumping into each other on their way up the narrow stairs. "Honestly!" "Never mind," said Sirius. As long as the twins didn't make too much noise, there was no point in letting Mrs Weasley wake up Mrs Black with her scolding, and if they did, she'd wake up anyway. "Wait for us on the second landing," he called after the twins, and then followed them at a more reasonable pace, Ron's trunk floating along in front of him. Ron, Hermione and Ginny brought up the rear." - Gred and Forge made me laugh, as did Mrs. Weasley having to find her volume button all of a sudden.
alix33 chapter 17 . 8/25/2010
"And my boss, Madam Edgecombe, was a right old hag." - And her daughter Marietta is set to follow in her dear mom's footsteps? Or do hags have hooves?
alix33 chapter 16 . 8/25/2010
"Professor Snape has given each and every of my children nightmares in their turn," Mrs Weasley told the others defensively. "That's not quite true though," Bill corrected her. "With Fred and George, it's probably more the other way round." They all laughed heartily." - Yay! for Gred and Forge giving Snape nightmares.
alix33 chapter 6 . 8/25/2010
"She smiled at Lupin and Sirius, taking in the dusty fronts of their robes, the cobwebs in Lupin's hair and the dark smudges on Sirius's face where he'd wiped his hair off it with dirty hands. "Well done, you two." For a moment, they both felt as if they were back in class, earning Professor McGonagall's approval for a particularly neat transfiguration. Dumbledore, apparently struck by a similar thought, chuckled softly. "Yes, it has been a very long time since either of us made Sirius and Remus do lines, hasn't it?" he said. "And I have never seen them set to it more willingly, or perform the task more diligently than today. They have been of invaluable help." "Oh, lines," Sirius said, and the shadow of a smile appeared on his once handsome face. "It was always James and me who had to do lines, never Remus." "James, yes," Dumbledore said, and they all fell silent. But there was nothing awkward about it. It was a silence full of the warmth of shared memories. Professor McGonagall's eyes were glistening strangely when Dumbledore's voice finally brought them back to the reality of the gloomy hallway." - AW!
alix33 chapter 4 . 8/25/2010
"or maybe some Muggle would have started wondering about the house." - "wandering about the house".
alix33 chapter 2 . 8/25/2010
"I dare say I've always found your mother's company slightly less unpleasant than you did, but life in this place did not improve with her death - particularly not in the hall, as you have already found out, if my ears have not deceived me. Now, if you please, gentlemen, I don't know about you but I at least should like to get some rest tonight." And he made to move out of the frame. "Good night," Moody called after him. "And tell Dumbledore not to ring the doorbell!" But Phineas Nigellus was already gone. Lupin slowly turned to Sirius, who met his eyes with a rather stubborn look on his face. "That was – your mother?" Lupin asked very quietly. Sirius nodded grimly. "That was her. I always told you you didn't want to meet her, didn't I? I hope you believe me now." - It only struck me very recently how apt and fitting Sirius Orion Black's initials were!
alix33 chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
"The man wore a shabby old trench coat and trainers. His hair was grey, but it seemed to have greyed prematurely, since his face, although rather thin and lined, was that of a man not much past forty." - I cannot even form a mental pic of Remus wearing trainers.
RoMythe chapter 39 . 6/13/2010
This story is absolutely magnificent! Thanks to you I'm back in the HP again- I felt as if I was reading JK Rowling again, thank you so much!
Becomingwhaturmeantobe chapter 39 . 6/12/2010
This was fantastic. I enjoyed this so much. Sirius is one of my favorite characters and I loved reading about his summer from his point of view. I think your characterizations were spot on and everything came together so well. Awesome job!