Reviews for The Summer of the Phoenix
rebecca-in-blue chapter 24 . 2/10
Hahaha, this chapter was such a fun read. It was great to see all these characters together exploring this creepy old house. I loved the kids' reactions to learning more about the Order, Hermione's reaction to finding out the Blacks had house-elves, and (maybe best of all) Sirius's reaction to Hermione being so nice to Kreacher. I loved Fred's "I thought our mother was bad" line - too true!
rebecca-in-blue chapter 23 . 2/10
There were plenty of parallels between Regulus and Percy, and I like the subtle way you bring that up here. It was interesting to see Sirius get the story on Percy here, and I love that he suggests that someone else might've put the idea into his head, or even coerced him into it; for Sirius to be more understanding, not jumping straight to anger, is big of him.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 22 . 2/3
Well, this is certainly a good contrast to that depressing previous chapter. What a shock for Sirius, to go from being shut up in that quiet, empty old house to having the noisy Weasleys as house guests. But maybe it will be good for him, too. I love that Crookshanks immediately jumps right on him and that he doesn't even try telling the twins apart!
rebecca-in-blue chapter 21 . 2/3
Geez, poor Tonks. Her mental and physical fatigue come through very well here, and I feel myself getting more annoyed with Dumbledore. What a git, expecting them all to work themselves into exhaustion without even telling them why they're doing it. I wonder if he is actually going to explain it, or just continue to leave them in the dark. It's good to see Sirius and Tonks getting to be better friends, though.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 20 . 1/27
I really love the way you write Sirius's thoughts here, especially his flashbacks to the last time he saw Harry and the first time he saw him again after Azkaban. I think his love for Harry comes through better in this chapter than it ever did in canon. I also love how you can just hear Hermione in her letter, and how Sirius is starting to pick up on Percy's divorce from his family.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 19 . 1/27
Geez, poor frustrated Sirius. Again, I think it's very sad and well-written how you parallel his and Harry's situations here, both of them feeling cut-off and useless. I can't imagine being stuck in that gloomy old house with just Kreacher and Buckbeak. I like the conversation between Sirius and Phineas, and maybe it will do him some good to realize that he's not the only one who's in the dark on stuff. And what a great pick-me-up with Harry's letter at the end!
rebecca-in-blue chapter 18 . 1/20
What a lot of changes going on in this chapter. I loved the mention of Snape and rumors coming from "both sides" (such a brief mention for how much it really means) and Arthur and Molly arguing about what to do with their kids. Of course Sirius thinks it will be great to have more company right now, but I wonder how he'll actually react when they all get here. And those final lines leave me wondering if Sirius doesn't feel threatened/jealous of Tonks, the way he probably did of Lily years ago...
rebecca-in-blue chapter 17 . 1/20
"What a gamble," indeed. I like that Sirius is questioning Dumbledore's wisdom about keeping the Order in the dark right up until the last minute, but I wish more characters do it, instead of believing that Dumbledore's always right about everything. What great last lines - can't wait to see what's happening now!
rebecca-in-blue chapter 16 . 1/13
This chapter was almost hard to read, because you know that Harry and Sirius are both feeling similarly lonely, trapped, and missing each other - yet it's the people who have Harry's best interests in mind that keeping them apart, and I can understand that, too. Molly sure got on my nerves with her defense of Almighty Dumbledore, though. As if the man has never made one mistake or bad judgement call in his life.

Gosh, Tonks raving about Snape as a great potions teacher is so interesting and unexpected. I love the taken-aback reactions from everyone else the table, especially Bill's "you've seen him laugh," lol. I really like how he's not entirely a bad guy in this story, despite how much Sirius wants him to be.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 15 . 1/13
I love getting a few of Sirius's memories of his Hogwarts time in this chapter, like switching the hamster and goldfish in Transfiguration class. What a creative troublemaker he was. I like that he now understands why McGonagall gave him extra homework and appreciates her for it - it shows that he's matured a least a little since then. Maybe if the rest of the Order arranges regular visits between them, he can establish a pattern of semi normalcy.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 14 . 1/6
It's good to see Sirius and Remus make up, and I love them laughing together like the old friends they are. Their nickname for Snape is so fitting, and I think there's some sad poignancy in the last lines. Rather than asking for more information that might make him feel sympathetic towards Snape, he just dismisses it.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 13 . 1/6
Wow, what an emotional rollercoaster of a chapter. I love that scene of Sirius getting smothered in hugs and smiles and welcome-backs. Who knows how long it's been since he was surrounded by so many friendly faces. I always found Tonks kinda annoying in canon, but I like the way you've written her reunion with Sirius here. Severus is very in-character too, being just as nasty as he can get away with in public. The final line and faux-pas about Remus hit so hard, though. Obviously it's going to be tough for Sirius to navigate social situations for a while.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 12 . 12/30/2019
I loved this chapter. Dumbledore laying down what he does and doesn't expect from the Order sounds just like him. The discomfort after he says that Sirius has been innocent all along was so suspenseful and intense. Sirius really comes out of the closet in this chapter, in a way. I'm glad that he had Remus by his side for it, and I love Kingsley stepping up at the end to shake his hand!
rebecca-in-blue chapter 11 . 12/30/2019
I guess this is the first official meeting of the Order of the Phoenix! How exciting and heavy to see everyone coming together and getting the news about Voldemort. I love the reveal that Dumbledore visited the site of Voldemort's rebirth after it happened; his descriptions of the cemetery are so creepy. I wonder how it will go down when the entire Order discovers who that big black dog is...
rebecca-in-blue chapter 10 . 12/23/2019
Molly can get on my nerves, but she's good at being domestic, and that's what Sirius (and the house) need right now, so it's nice to see her show up. It's so realistic that his letter to Harry feels "pointless," yet he can talk to Buckbeak about hard stuff.