Reviews for The Summer of the Phoenix
rebecca-in-blue chapter 6 . 12/9/2019
"a silence full of the warmth of shared memories" - Oh, this line is so lovely and comforting. How homey to imagine them all feasting together (even Kreacher's in a good mood!), and the image of McGonagall in Muggle clothes made me lol. And it's interesting that even among the Order's former members, some were on the fence about whether or not Voldemort had returned. Curious to see how/if minds will change here.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 5 . 12/9/2019
Putting all the spells and protections on Grimmauld Place in the opening - obviously it has to be done, but it's kinda sad to see. Sirius was definitely walled up inside that house, in a different way than he was in prison. I wish Sirius would listen to Dumbledore about Kreacher, but clearly he's stuck in a certain way of thinking. Servants can certainly be better than their masters, and children better than their parents. Nice cliffhanger with the final lines, although I think I know who it is.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 4 . 12/2/2019
Sirius is still in a bad place, but I like to hope that he's moving to a better one in this chapter. I love that opening scene of Albus finding him and Remus asleep and starting breakfast for them - "a peaceful sight," yes, may it be so. Kinda funny that Albus figures out the best way to manage Kreacher and Mrs. Black's portrait, while Sirius would just get rid of them both if he could. He handled them both pretty well, too!
rebecca-in-blue chapter 3 . 11/26/2019
Gosh, I just love that conversation between Sirius and Remus at the end. So sad, but also so subtle and perfect for Sirius's life and how his incarceration has effected him. "wasted years, stolen years" and "I wish they'd taken me with them" both hit pretty hard, but I love that description of the spark returning to his eyes. I hope he'll get some happy moments in this fic, because he deserves them.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 2 . 11/23/2019
Between Kreacher and his mother, I really feel for poor Sirius getting such an unwelcome back to his old home here. But I'm glad that he has Remus and other friends around, and a goal for the order to focus on. His final line about his mom did make lol, though!
rebecca-in-blue chapter 1 . 11/22/2019
I love while Moody is going on about safety and Sirius is brooding about being back in his childhood home, Remus is just grinning like an idiot through the whole thing. No doubt he's happy to have a sense of belonging and friends again after so many lonely years. I love how well you write each of their personalities, and I'm looking forward to the rest of this!
Siffy Ela chapter 38 . 8/4/2018
Thanks! It was great story!
creativesm75 chapter 39 . 7/23/2018
nice
LauraTree chapter 39 . 7/26/2015
I hope you still check the comments now and then, because I want you to know how deeply impressed I was by this story! So detailed, so trustworthy, so funny, so sad..it contained everything!

Really, I don't know what more to write, I marveled at how good it was! :D
hahaha chapter 39 . 1/1/2014
lololol
Snarky64 chapter 38 . 12/1/2013
Very enjoyable background story. Thank you.
Princess Shania chapter 25 . 11/16/2011
Snape,you evil nasty mean old git!
Princess Shania chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
Dramatic already!
Jelbertie chapter 39 . 7/6/2011
That was your first fanfiction? Oh my god it was amazing! I love it! Wowee, this is the perfect example of what a good fanfiction is. Well done!
alix33 chapter 25 . 8/25/2010
"Can't we just give him the run of the house, Sirius? He's a very clean cat, and he won't break anything, we promise." "Except maybe one or two more of my ribs," Sirius grinned. "No, go ahead. No problem. He can catch a rat or two for Buckbeak if he wants to make himself useful." Crookshanks looked at Sirius with his big, gleaming eyes, and blinked as if he'd understood." - As if he understood? Of course he understood!
529 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »