Reviews for The Game of the Gods
Herpdeederp chapter 35 . 4/23/2010
Of course, everybody and their dog has reviewed your story, but I've got to have my two cents' worth.

I'll start off by saying ...

I LOVE YOU.

SERIOUSLY.

Everything about Morgoth was both pathetic and adorable. Everything about this story was funny and exciting. The end saddened me though - if somehow Maedhros had given a parting obscenity (or anything, I'm not choosy), it would have been perfect.

I love how amazingly accurate your portayal of Sues are.

By the way, Morgoth fantasizing about Maedhros best thing ever ever.

No, this is not a review, in even thhe loosest sense of the word. Oh well. I pretty much just wanted to say I love you.
Queen of the Skye chapter 15 . 3/29/2010
wait a second...what is the scene you wish had not been filmed? i have managed to blot out several of them by force from my memory...
An Ordinary Fan chapter 11 . 3/28/2010
I was browsing through the pages of the TV Tropes website earlier, and through some absurd coincidence, I managed to find a link to this story. With curiosity, I decided to check this story out, and I must say that I am incredibly impressed. While my knowledge of Middle-Earth is barely enough to qualify me as a novice, I can certainly admire how you've handled this wide and diverse cast of Sues. Even though this was written years ago, many of the misconceptions you've played with must still exist today, in all kinds and types of media. This fic stands the test of time, and does so in a humorous fashion. While I've only read the first 11 chapters so far, my love of enjoyment will certainly bring me back to finish the rest.
Queen of the Skye chapter 19 . 3/19/2010
what are the left behind books?
Percy the Slacker chapter 35 . 3/12/2010
Hilarious story - deserves all the accolades it's ever got.
StarWarsGuru chapter 35 . 2/28/2010
absolutly great, funny and serious enogh to make it a good adventure story.

stupid Isanthétaril, thinking she could match the allpowerful Eru Iluvatar, there isn't a single being in any universe that can match him. Anyway great story, though all the sue storys were funny but the one with the girl jumping into the T.V was brilliant!
Eldalie chapter 35 . 2/21/2010
Fantastic! Fantastic through and through. The parody, each and every of the Sues, Feanor's plan and all. My favourite lines?

"Why did you not ask for Fingolfin and his sons too?"

"Because I don't like them."

"Remember this: I won."

Ghgh.
LilacFaLaBraue chapter 35 . 2/12/2010
Poor Morgoth. In a way he reminds me of a close friend of mine, Koschei. Naughty and deluded, but lovable all the same.
Eldalie chapter 28 . 2/8/2010
Please please please, more peeks into Morgoth's diary. Just love it.
Eldalie chapter 26 . 2/8/2010
I just have to say this. Japanese girl, sayonara.
Eldalie chapter 25 . 2/8/2010
Loved Glorfindel's attitude. ROFL.
Eldalie chapter 24 . 2/8/2010
"There seems to be a part of this torn out," said Varda, after a moment. "And it seems to be the part that would have showed the location of the fiery chasm."

"Yes," said Vairë, who was making obscene gestures at Lloth. Lloth was making obscene gestures back, and Morgoth thought she was getting the better of it, since she had eight legs to make them with.

"And what do you have to say to that?" Varda asked.

"Oops," said Vairë.

Simply hilarious. Thumbs up.
Eldalie chapter 23 . 2/8/2010
"I'm allowed!" Galadriel snapped. "I'm a Noldo who's lived since before the sun rose, and seen more battle than this brat ever will. I have seen the Trees in flower. Has she seen the Trees in flower?"

Thanks a lot for this. Many people portray Galadriel just as the powerful, but sad and extremely tired creature of the War of the Ring. Methinks in her youth before the sun rose she resembled her flamboyant uncle more than she or he would care to admit...

Also, I don't know why anyone would make up a feminist Sue in the Tolkien universe. Look at Galadriel, Eowyn and Aredhel and you know J.R.R. had no objection to girl power...
Eldalie chapter 22 . 2/8/2010
"Sorry to be in the way, do ignore me," said Fëanor, going past with a bucket full of mithril.

Ghgh. Feanor's ways are simply hilarious. And I always imagined his marriage with Nerdanel to have been a really lively one.
Eldalie chapter 19 . 2/8/2010
Indeed, the little Evangelical Mayflower Pilgrim on Middle Earth is the most terrible Mary Sue of all times. Ridiculous, too, seeing that anyway Tolkien wove into his tales a lot of Christian lore.ù

Oh, and thanks for saying that aloud. Fingolfin was rotten envious of his brother, indeed.
784 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »