Reviews for The Game of the Gods
Eldalie chapter 25 . 2/8/2010
Loved Glorfindel's attitude. ROFL.
Eldalie chapter 24 . 2/8/2010
"There seems to be a part of this torn out," said Varda, after a moment. "And it seems to be the part that would have showed the location of the fiery chasm."

"Yes," said Vairë, who was making obscene gestures at Lloth. Lloth was making obscene gestures back, and Morgoth thought she was getting the better of it, since she had eight legs to make them with.

"And what do you have to say to that?" Varda asked.

"Oops," said Vairë.

Simply hilarious. Thumbs up.
Eldalie chapter 23 . 2/8/2010
"I'm allowed!" Galadriel snapped. "I'm a Noldo who's lived since before the sun rose, and seen more battle than this brat ever will. I have seen the Trees in flower. Has she seen the Trees in flower?"

Thanks a lot for this. Many people portray Galadriel just as the powerful, but sad and extremely tired creature of the War of the Ring. Methinks in her youth before the sun rose she resembled her flamboyant uncle more than she or he would care to admit...

Also, I don't know why anyone would make up a feminist Sue in the Tolkien universe. Look at Galadriel, Eowyn and Aredhel and you know J.R.R. had no objection to girl power...
Eldalie chapter 22 . 2/8/2010
"Sorry to be in the way, do ignore me," said Fëanor, going past with a bucket full of mithril.

Ghgh. Feanor's ways are simply hilarious. And I always imagined his marriage with Nerdanel to have been a really lively one.
Eldalie chapter 19 . 2/8/2010
Indeed, the little Evangelical Mayflower Pilgrim on Middle Earth is the most terrible Mary Sue of all times. Ridiculous, too, seeing that anyway Tolkien wove into his tales a lot of Christian lore.ù

Oh, and thanks for saying that aloud. Fingolfin was rotten envious of his brother, indeed.
Eldalie chapter 14 . 2/8/2010
Now that you have brought Tùrin in as well I simply just love you. ;)
Eldalie chapter 11 . 2/8/2010
"Oh, for Eru's sake," said Fëanor, and cut off her head.

I meant to review only when I had finished the story, but I have just startled my cat awake with laughter at this precise point and have to tell you: you have made parody into art. The idea for this fanfic is original and perfectly working, and everything was very nice till you out Feanor in: then it became just fantastic. I love him too: he's my second-favourite Tolkien character behind Turìn and Galadriel, who come about ex-aequo. I also love the way you cleverly make fun in this chapter of the Mary Sue's ignorance: she could have claimed to be Amroth's son, she was just too silly to do it...

Excellent work. :)
MitchellTF chapter 35 . 1/21/2010
This is a very good story. A few of the Sue-Defeats rely on some 'sueish' tricks themselves, but the ending is fun. Plus, I like how everything pays off in the end.

Makes me miss my 'RPG' sue I had...

E-mail is if you ever want to talk!
jvankessel chapter 35 . 1/6/2010
I signed up to just so I could express my appreciation for this particular fic. I laughed. A lot. Thanks!
GenericSpider chapter 35 . 12/22/2009
Awesome Story! My favorite was the Anime Fangirl Sue; made me laugh. Poor Morgoth...he deserved what he got though. Oh well, I'm sure Feanor got SOME form of comuppance as well. Update Soon.
AndromedaStarr chapter 35 . 12/20/2009
wow. holy shit. i read the lord of the rings once a long time ago, and i've never read anything else by tolkien so i missed out on a lot of the mythology, but...this was fucking awesome. dude. what a totally worthwhile way to spent an hour on a sunday afternoon. you rock, i love you for this. kudos.
Dot chapter 11 . 12/15/2009
hilarious-

I was eating an orange, and I choked, I was laughing so hard.
GollumPanties chapter 29 . 11/14/2009
Feanor scares me, he really does. Oh, how I love him AND his sons. XD

Morgoth really is a butt monkey, isn't he? Nothing ever goes right for him. That's what you get for being Ultimate Evil. Nothing ever goes right for Ultimate Evil.

I just. I almost want him to stop Feanor and get his diary back. Almost. (It's just too much fun watching him be tormented like this. Hell, I'd give an arm for my own copy of that diary. XD)
Kiara chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
well its seems its hard to fiNd oUt whAt happend
Gryphaena chapter 35 . 9/17/2009
This is a sterling example of why Mary Sues are so ridiculous.

Thank you so much for writing it.

Glory Be to Eru for his dose of medicine for Morgoth.

Varda's light of reason will shine on in my Favorites.
774 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »