Reviews for The Game of the Gods
Starlit Hope chapter 9 . 9/29/2003
Interesting...
Clever Hobbit chapter 9 . 9/29/2003
Fëanor's playing? That's great. Despite the fact that you say the Valar are OOC, I think they're just perfect. They kind of remind me of the Greek gods playing with their toys down below, Achilles and Odysseus and Hector. ::sigh:: I love the Oddessey...
My chapter 8 . 9/27/2003
hehe...This is really good...please continue!
wellduh chapter 8 . 9/27/2003
:P Love this. Keep going.
Daercu Feredir chapter 8 . 9/26/2003
*falls over laughing* These are brilliant!

Punk Arwen? Dear sweet light of Valinor, PUNK ARWEN? Thatâs awful in a terribly, terribly funny way.

Wait, for the Valar Sue, was that Lorien who was her mother? (sorry, my computer does weird things and I canât read it properly)...but, he â“ heâs a guy! How did he and Mandos manage...I shall not think about it :P

Please write more.
Dodendans chapter 8 . 9/26/2003
This is hilarious! :D Can't wait for the death of the next Sue!
Rian Silverleaf chapter 8 . 9/26/2003
"...he had to fight to keep from grinning. He was upsetting Varda. This was the most fun thing he had done in several Ages."

""But you chose Elrond," said Varda. "I mean, come on."

"'Come on?' Do you know how undignified that makes you sound?"

"Do you know how undignified you look sprawled on the floor? Or getting upset about a Sue that could die of heartbreak?"

Love it! Are you having as much fun writing this as I am reading it? Please, keep going! I've always hated Sues who have hair down to their heels - you'd think it would break their gracefully slender necks.

That last one - I thought she was refering to Legolas. After all, there is a 'Legolas Greenleaf' in the Book of Lost Tales version of the fall of Gondolin, and Tolkien never explained why the name comes up twice in his stories. Tolkien never knew that version of the fall of Gondolin would be published, so I suspect he simply never bothered to change it. I doubt Legolas of the Third Age is twice born.

Anyway, this is getting better as it goes! Please keep writing!

~Rian
Flamingo Feathers chapter 2 . 9/26/2003
I love this story! It makes me happee...in a Sue-bashing way.

I love Sue-bashing!

Call me morbid, call me violent, call me ADDICTED TO THIS FIC.

~F. F.~
Pyromaniacal Llama chapter 8 . 9/26/2003
I am never going to get tired of seeing reality kick in and show those Sues. It's just so much fun.
theywouldntletmedeletethis chapter 8 . 9/26/2003
Bloody hilarious. I love this story, It's too funny!

levanna
Clever Hobbit chapter 8 . 9/26/2003
This is genius, pure genius. I love it! My favorite would have to be Changeling. Gimli rocked, spotting the Sue like that! Heh- the Sues and their creators always ignore the hair on the feet and the face... Very accurate with Sue interpretations, very funny, very original.
Pyromaniacal Llama chapter 7 . 9/22/2003
The Sue. Definatly the Sue. Morgoth's bad but he's amusing! Great chapter, I just love it when reality kicks in and the Sue dies. Tis so funny
Anon chapter 6 . 9/21/2003
NO BEARDS! LOL
LeoD chapter 6 . 9/20/2003
Bloody hilarious _
Deiseach chapter 6 . 9/20/2003
Wonderful. It makes a frightening amount of sense that the Ultimate Evil of the Universe would be behind Mary Sues, but Morgoth never learns, does he? Glad to see Varda getting in on the fun. You're not going to do a Eowyn-Sue, are you? For some reason, it seems to me that Eowyn is also a victim of Sues, and it would be a logical progression, but I hate the idea. Oh, well, I'll leave it in your more than capable hands.
784 | « Prev Page 1 .. 41 48 49 50 51 52 .. Last Next »