Reviews for The Game of the Gods
anolinde chapter 13 . 10/12/2003
Varda eyed the trickle of blood running from a sword wound in Morgoth's shoulder. "I see." She glanced at the Sue. "Well, put her in motion. I need another break after this, and I'll need to find someone else to play for me."

The air near her gave a hopeful whine.

"Not you, Saruman, so don't even ask."

Lol, I loved that. Poor Saruman.

Oh well. Anyway.

The humans slaughtered dragons, ripped them apart, smashed their eggs and forced them to fight, when they should be able to see that the dragons just wanted peace.

"You made them for war, Morgoth."

"There was a secret group of peaceful dragons you didn't know about," said Morgoth haughtily.

Lol. Another funny line. "A secret group", honestly, it's so annoying when people do things like that. I read the summary of a story that sounded like a complete Mary-Sue (Haldir meets an elf-maiden with more power than Galadriel. Will he love her?), looked at the reviews, and saw that the Sue was a member of the "Moon Elves" or whatever it was. I pretty much threw up into the nearest basin.

She nodded to the Elf. "Welcome home, Maglor. Do enjoy the game." She turned and hurried away again.

Maglor's gaze went to Morgoth, and he paled. "Game?"

Morgoth smiled sweetly. "Yes, a game." Ah, this will be easy. The most soft-hearted of Fëanor's sons. How hard can it be?

How hard can it be... hm... I don't think Morgoth is going to get as easy a game as he thinks... after all, Feanor sent him (another brilliant scene, by the way), so he must have some sort of plan.

I can't wait to read the next chapter! Keep up the good work!
anolinde chapter 12 . 10/12/2003
"Boo," said a voice at his ear.

Morgoth didn't turn around this time, assuming it was just some silly trick, probably of Tulkas's.

Then the sword poked him in the shoulder, and he turned around just in time see Fëanor running away.

Lol, that was hysterical. I love this story! Feanor adds great character to it.

Keep up the good work!
Aelaer chapter 13 . 10/11/2003
*laughs so hard she falls of the chair* ah, this is excellent! You portray Mary-Sues exactly how they are. Wonderful, wonderful!

I HATE how people who write Mary Sues know nothing of Arda's history, or Valinor, or anything! This however, this is perfect.

I have added it to my favorites, and look for more updates :)
Anar ar Isil chapter 13 . 10/11/2003
Bravo! This is wonderful! Rare enough are any fics with the Valar in them - or Fëanor, for that matter. But this is the first Sue-parody I've seen - and it's wonderful!

Hmm... this is sounding disturbingly like mindless praise. Still, it's deserved, and there's nothing I can find to criticise (nor would I want to!).

My only (very slight!) complaint is that I don't quite understand how the playing board works: you said it looks like a chess set, yet... ah, I don't know. Perhaps you could elaborate on that next time?

Anyhow - wonderful story. Please continue!

-Anar ar Isil-
Clever Hobbit chapter 13 . 10/11/2003
Ha! The unicorns- oh, but that *did* annoy Varda... People that invent/tamper with races really do irritate me to no end, though.

Update soon, please!
Starlit Hope chapter 13 . 10/10/2003
Hehe...can't wait till the next instalment! - Go Bard!
Christina chapter 1 . 10/10/2003
Looking brilliant so far! Rest assured I'll be coming back for more...
Reikah chapter 13 . 10/10/2003
*Kaltia punches the air* MAGLOR! SQUE! *Restrains inner fangirl by great willpower*

I liked this chapter for more than just Maglor. Shame you couldn't make the sue be Aerie from Baldur's Gate...
Werecat99 chapter 13 . 10/10/2003
Is it just my PC or FFnet is acting up today?

I wish she had just let Saruman play. That would be a great twist.

Come to think of it, Morgoth has quite an imagination while Varda hasn't. Too bad he's wasting his skill in Sues.

A joy to read, as always.

PS

Thanks for reviewing Gingerhead. He can understands human language. A natural feline skill. As for the remaining lives, he's counting this one too.
saltedbolts chapter 11 . 10/9/2003
Whoah.

This. Is. Bloody. Brilliant!

Gads, I should've found it long ago.
Reikah chapter 12 . 10/9/2003
*Is laughing so hard she's nearly crying at the "Boo" bits with Feanor!*

Actually, I was like that the entire fic through. I'm enjoying this immensly!
kasura chapter 12 . 10/8/2003
Feanor as his usual self...love him...more Spirit of Fire please...

"...I am too wonderful not to appear royal" well, he's briefly the High King of the Noldor so I bet he's still sore over Fingolfin taking the crown. can we have him and Fingolfin doing a catfight?
Clever Hobbit chapter 12 . 10/8/2003
I think it would be hilarious if one of the Sues rode a unicorn, just to make Varda mad again.

This chapter was great. (Glorfindel rocks! Destroy those Sues! Hmm- maybe Varda could get Glorfindel to come and take over for a wihle... Then when he leaves, Glorfindel and Fëanor can wreak havoc on the Sues! Yaah!)
Starlit Hope chapter 12 . 10/8/2003
*snorts* Who needs fairies when you have elves?
Werecat99 chapter 12 . 10/8/2003
Hehe. Loved Morgoth's cheating. Brilliant. I could almost see Varda's frustration.

Loved that one too. First that balrog, them that fairy Sue. I'm certain that Glorfindel will be bragging for ages at Imladris...

Delightful, as always.