Reviews for Beyond the Horizon
Guest chapter 18 . 7/27/2014
Read it all in one go and still loved it. Great writing )
aye-know-hah chapter 18 . 11/25/2012
I just finished reading this story after putting it off for so long. I've been reading Esca fic for a pretty long time; I've always seen "beyond the horizon" as one of the few completed multi-chapter fics, but never really warmed up to the idea of Esca and pirates. I finally gave it a chance a few days ago. I'm totally blown away at its quality. I didn't expect to have so much fun reading it; I loved getting to know all the Esca characters all over again in a AU setting. It's not perfect (what fic is, though?) and some of the loose strings at the end could have used a brief mention in the epilogue, but when VH get their ending, none of the other stuff matters. Awesome job!
TheWonderfulShoe chapter 18 . 3/27/2012
I read this one year ago, during a hectic time in my life, and sent myself a link to my e-mail so that I would review when things were more sane. Now, so long later, I am clearing out the 6000 e-mails in my inbox. was enthralling enough and an enjoyable enough distraction that I stopped and actually came back to tell you how much I appreciated your hard work instead of just deleting the e-mail. 3 Seven years is a long time...but I finally wrote some snippets after eight so I could become a beta, so stranger things have happened. I'm glad you eventually continued and finished it...and then, half a year later-and a year ago now!-I read it and it made a hard time just a little bit brighter.

Thanks for the fun. ;P

MrsFanel chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
WOW! Omg, this story was totally fascinating-the plot and all and it had me hooked till the end. Your an amazing writer! :DD
Guest chapter 7 . 3/7/2011
OH! I GET IT NOW! You mean BALGUS. My goodness you had me confused for the longest time. Why on earth are you calling him Vargus? In both english and Japanese it's Balgus... 'Cept the L sounds a bit like an R. It's kinda a lr. And there aren't any V's. Barugasu. :)
Anon chapter 18 . 2/1/2011
Beautiful. Thanks for the journey. Loved every moment.
Thepinkmartini chapter 16 . 12/21/2010
Awesome chapter! Poor merle
magnoliastar08 chapter 18 . 12/18/2010
wonderful. good story and a good ending. hope you write a new one but no pressure.
Cap'n Anne Flint chapter 18 . 12/18/2010
Oh, my *bites lip*

I can't believe it's over.

Maybe I should stutteringly elaborate on the eloquence and perfection of word choice, or the characterisation of all my beloved characters, but I can only get to the "stuttering" bit, to be honest. This morning I finally sat down and allowed myself to finish reading-a treat, to cheer me up while R's gone. And oh, was it great. I ate bfast while reading, walking to the counter and back, muttering to myself how damn amazing you are. It was beautiful, simply beautiful. Everything was solved so damn neatly, yet not too neatly, y'know what I mean? I love it that Merle and Hitomi shall never be friends (euh, I sound a little cruel there, but I think you get what I mean *cough*). I love it that Alle and Van had no emotional ties, but that still, there was pride and a sense of companionship between them. I loved how you described Hitomi's future with her mother, Merle's with Van. It was so perfectly described I could picture it in my mind as if I were watching it on screen.

I loved that Naria, for once, doesn't die! (*wry grin* that was Laila...) The climax is climax-ish enough to be rewarding, yet not too over-the-top. I wouldn't change a single comma. Perhaps I'd say "a web of veins" instead of a net of veins, but that's sound preferences.

And you didn't make them kiss. Hahahahah you're terrible. But that's fine, because I know I can bully you into writing me a kiss scene *evil cackle*

It's been seven years already... It's so odd to realize that we've known each other for so damn long. And that you, too, are leaving . You were sort of the last one standing, and although I can perfectly understand your reasons (at least I believe I can), it feels like the end of an age, like something that was forever going to be there suddenly is no more.

I am so dazed that I can't conjure the gushing fangirl inside me, but if we happen to find each other online, may I please gush a bit? :D When I read your stories, I miss mine, I realize how much I love writing when it allows someone as gifted as you to create and recreate such... oh, I can't find a word other than 'beautiful', but it's more than that, it's 'true', true stories in the only way that counts - emotionally true, stories that truly tap into, and awake, true emotions. That's what you do. And that, my damsel, is a wonderful gift.

I want the recipe for the vanillakipferls, or whatever they're called. Capt'n Flint has been proud, SO proud to be part of this journey (maybe you'll give her a cameo in some future stories, too? *angelic smile-er, kind of. Piratish-angelic smile, maybe?*)
craziestanimefan chapter 18 . 12/17/2010
Wow. This is quite the ending. Short, but it still manages to convey so much beauty. You truly have talent. There is a lot missing, but the simplicity really works. There's no need for the extra words and description because everything just seems to fit.

I'm so glad to have found this fanfic. I thank and applaud you for contributing such a wonderful piece to the Escaflowne fandom. I can honestly say that I will miss your writing, but life goes on. Thanks for taking me on this wonderful voyage, and may you continue to write and sweep others off their feet with your way with words.
Dragowolf chapter 18 . 12/17/2010
Ahhhh now this is how to end a story. I wonder how Van will do being a King? Will Merle really hate Hitomi for the rest of her life?

This was a great story and I was happy to be along for the journey. Great work! Thank you for writing it.
artszy chapter 18 . 12/17/2010
story who have been with this story from the beginning must be both very sad and happy that it's because the story is complete now and sad because you have to part with it.I watched Escaflowne for the first time in 2005 and I joined this site few years later.

When I found them most of stories were finished.I don't know if it means you anything but you are my favorite Escaflowne complete your stories with dedication and it means a lot me,because most of stories here are in complete and never 't blame the writers be they lost interest and you certainly can't force a story out of your mind.I love sweetness all your is some innocence shown in V/H romance,which is just that is how it ended in the series.

I'm happy that you are going to start your new career as a luck with if you ever get time come back to write even if it's a one shot fic.

And far as "Beyond the Horizon" is considered.I love the ending,leaving some hope and goes anther story in my escaflowne Folder in my that I can re-read it as many times I want like the rest of your stories and the other Esca-fictions.

~~Good Bye and Good luck.

Ps:-sorry about such a long review.I was a bit sad,coz you r leaving.*
Yellow chapter 18 . 12/17/2010
Wow its been a good couple of years...I FEEL SO OLD! But i'm glad i stuck with this story all the way through. This will probably be one of the stories i'll read multiple times because its THAT AWESOME! I did enjoy your subtle ending it makes me crave more(which i'm probably going to reread your story now.) I'm sad this is your last but at least your stories will always be up.
kimmi0490 chapter 18 . 12/17/2010
Fantastic! I thoroughly enjoyed reading this story. D
Eiovida chapter 18 . 12/17/2010
To be honest, when I first found this story I didn't think that anyone could pull off a pirate crossover with Escaflowne. I apologize for thinking that- this one definitely proved me wrong.

The ending was beautiful in it's simplicity. It does leave a lot out, but that's part of what makes it nice. The reader can use their imagination to fill in the blanks.

As for you writing an original story, I'm totally into that idea.

Beautiful story. I'm sure I'll come back to read this one many times over in the future