Reviews for Legolas Greenleaf, Agent of MESS: Ringfinger
Jennifer chapter 12 . 9/9/2013
Funny you should make the connection between Bond and the LOTR movies-especially the fact that Saruman is the Bond villain.

Christopher Lee was a member of the Special Intelligence Services during WWII (he hinted to Peter Jackson, while filming Saruman's death scene, that he knew the sound a man makes when stabbed in the back). He was actually related by marriage to Ian Fleming, and was the author's personal choice for the role of Dr. No. He had to content himself with a role in a much inferior Bond film down the line.
chisscientist chapter 5 . 9/5/2010
Ah, Terry Pratchett! Nobby Nobbs and Freddy Colon, as well as that popular hit, "A Wizard's Staff Has a Knob on the End". I see we both share some of the same favorite books apart from Lord of the Rings.
Firefly-Maj chapter 12 . 2/3/2009
Excellent story, I greatly enjoyed it!

The humour and Bond-references were good (such as :"One of my hobbies," Saruman said from behind Greenleaf, "cross-breeding fish."), and it was so hilarious that you included Nobby and Fred!

Legolas is very cool as an agent, Ill definitely read the other MESS stories as well! )
Oracle10 chapter 5 . 7/26/2008
Fred and Nobby? It wouldn't happen to be Sgt Fred Colon and Corporal Nobbs that you're referencing? Not that I blame you, they're such fun characters.
immortalwizardpirateelf-fan chapter 12 . 6/21/2004
This is one of the funniest and best take offs of another story that I have ever read. I love the little quips that legolas and Aragorn say. The scene when Leoglas is fighting Saruman and cracks a joke about Grima's death was just brilliant.
White as Sin chapter 12 . 3/8/2004
*falls over laughing* The staff innuendo was classic! Hmph, I didn't think that Legolas was such a chauvanist... then again, the whole thing against Men as well... *shakes head* You mean, mean boy.
Looking forward to more stories from you!
THECheeseTurkey chapter 4 . 2/13/2004
HAHAHA! I always thought Saruman was compensating for somethin too...coolness, car chase on horses!
THECheeseTurkey chapter 2 . 2/13/2004
This is so COOL! Coolest plot ever! i just love spy movies, don't u? _
theinklesspen chapter 12 . 12/3/2003
what can i say?
simply this-
i loved it
looking forward to the sequel
airy
Nemo Returning chapter 12 . 12/1/2003
Well done, Legolas!
I'd write more, but Saruman ate my paperwork :))
Idlewild chapter 12 . 12/1/2003
Well! That was excellent. I'm torn between begging on bended knee for the next Secret Agent fic and pleading with you to get on with writing the LotR as Enid Blyton. Either way, more, more! Please?
Nemo Returning chapter 11 . 11/26/2003
Half a worm... All the years I knew this joke it always managed to cath me by surprise :)
Idlewild chapter 11 . 11/25/2003
Oh! Live and Let Die :) We are having fun! This is such an enjoyable cross-over, thank you for your hard work churning out bread and circuses for the no doubt legion fans of both LotR and James Bond!
theinklesspen chapter 11 . 11/24/2003
-ai! cant believe i just found this story- its so awesome!

hehe

interesting idea too

i love it!

airy
Idlewild chapter 10 . 11/20/2003
Ah, things are really heating up now. I'm still following along eagerly. The fish tank was a nice touch. Almost Dr. No-ish!