Reviews for Now I Lay Me Down To Die
Lucy-Cakes chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
Awww this was brilliant! Well done! So sad, but such a good insight into the last moments.
Hestia01 chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
Wow. Absolutely incredible. In such a short space you made a typical redshirt a person, a complete person with a background and a story to be told. Almost like in "Wrath of Khan", remember? Very moving fic, I got tingles!
Majorkami chapter 1 . 9/15/2004
This is one of the most human stories I've read in awhile. Thank you for an excellent read.
k4writer02 chapter 1 . 2/1/2004
This story was very well done. It left me looking for my tissues. I have on occasion wondered about all the redshirts (well, yellow) who die. Why do they choose to go into such a dangerous occupation? How do they feel about it? You answered those questions just beautifully. Thanks!
Scizwa chapter 1 . 10/16/2003
*Sob* ); How sad! Very good though. I liked it.

To all the other reviewers: Waddaya mean esigns arn't expendable? Te he. Just kidding. (:
Spiletta42 chapter 1 . 10/9/2003
Nice job. Such a deep character study in so brief a scene. This is the sort of story that proves fanfiction is more than just random contrived pairings. You've elevated it to the level of art with this one.
Nenya Kanadka chapter 1 . 10/8/2003
Oh, bloody &$%$ &!* heck! It *should not have to happen this way*! Damnit. I mean, really, this really happens to people, in real life (and obviously on the show!). Goshdarnit, you made me cry! This is such a very good take on the whole "expendable ensign" phenomenon. . . . I'm glad you gave us his last few minutes, and made him seem a real, valuable person instead of just a random walkon part with just a last name and a rank. Wow. This really is very good. (Now I'm re-thinking my plans to join Starfleet 'when I grow up'-but then again, I'd be a blue-shirt, and their survival rate is higher. But still-it matters to the ones that die.) Very cool amazing fic. Can I plug another one by Rosie Cotton (userid 101660) about the same thing happening in the Matrix? *plug plug* Thank you for a very very good fic, even if sad.
freakyfaegirl chapter 1 . 9/30/2003
Wow. I really like this. It might be kind of interesting to do something on the other's point of views. Like Kim Metriale. Did she want to go out with him? Or Capelini. What is going through his head? Or ever Dr. Crusher, Capitan Picard, or Data. I think it'd be interesting to do something like that.
April chapter 1 . 9/20/2003
the story's great! you should show that to the producers. then they'll know that they can't just put ensigns that are useless in the script and let them be forgotten and suddenly give them a stupid medal. some Star Trek stuff is so NOT real that you could just laugh and change the that's bad for some actors too who are trying to get a good role someday.

I hope I see more from you!
MarieChristine81 chapter 1 . 9/18/2003
Very moving. I know people laugh about the expendable crewman, mainly the nameless ensign. But this is very poignant and brings a different perspective to the Star Trek realm. Well done!