Reviews for False Start
Obsidian5 chapter 1 . 9/19/2003
Wow. This was an incredibly realistic exploration of Sam's thoughts. And quite heartbreaking (in a good way). I also have to join the other reviewers in praise of your use of metaphor. Great concept and perfect choice.
Eolivet chapter 1 . 9/18/2003
Ahh, oh my goodness, what an amazing story! I am such a fool for metaphorical writing and this is just perfection: AYN, and the 'ship in general, compared to a race. I love the use of language, especially the contrasting opposites in your words. WOW, you can sure turn an in-character phrase! Another fantastic work and I can't wait for more (vignettes or WIPs) from you - keep writing! :)
Mariel3 chapter 1 . 9/18/2003
Wonderfully drawn analogy. "She was disqualified, she was out, she was over"...Ouch. You touch the heart of what the character was thinking and feeling beautifully. Thank you.
Midnight Caller chapter 1 . 9/17/2003
O o h, this was so good! I love this recurring theme of the clock, and the way you brilliantly drew this metaphor for Sam's amibition, weaving it in amongst the frustration of working so hard just to be second-guessed. Such wonderful insight here, and your always spot-on characterization brings everything together into a really fantastic fic.
Evidence chapter 1 . 9/17/2003
Excellent descriptions! I can "feel" the story as well as read it. Another brillant job!
Katherine chapter 1 . 9/17/2003
I think I'm going to cry. Rip my heart out and stamp why don't you? It would have hurt less. Damn this was good.
Forensiphile chapter 1 . 9/17/2003
OOh, what an incredibly cool story. I love the insight you've written here, and one can never have too many Farrell references. *G* This is so well-written, and I really, really like the detail and the inner turmoil. I love all your work, and this is no exception. Keep up the amazing work! You rock!