Reviews for Black Soul, White Heart
knightsbridge chapter 10 . 10/24/2006
okay...right story and everything...so where are the additional chapters promised over three years ago?
danielle chapter 5 . 6/14/2004
very nice story, I really love it. You just made one mistake. Ginny's full name is Ginevra, as J.K.R. mentiones on her own website ( .com). besides that, it's great.
cintishortstop chapter 10 . 6/13/2004
Very good!
Discombobulatedperson chapter 1 . 5/17/2004
Please! Update soon! this story is great!
luisa chapter 1 . 5/2/2004
Loved the idea of the fic but being the bad, bad girl that I am I couldn't help but realize hou dirty this "That night Harry sat on his bed polishing his Firebolt, humming Gryffindor's version of 'Weasley is Our King' to himself" sounded. heheh ;o)
Keeper Darius chapter 10 . 4/4/2004
this is really good
i hope you update soon
potter-man the first
Sherilyn chapter 10 . 3/23/2004
I really enjoyed this chapter. It looks to me like you made some effort at reaching that "middle ground" you mentioned in your e-mail. Keep up the good work, and I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
kiplegat chapter 10 . 3/22/2004
I love the story so far, can't wait for the rest! Anup
Porphyrophobic Grape chapter 10 . 3/14/2004
awe. THis chapter was so sweet! I love it.
Majick chapter 10 . 3/13/2004
Well, ff.n has been playng up, so apologies for not reviewing Chapter 9. Still, I'm glad I didn't, in a way. It would have been *very* bad form for me to try and kill you for torturing Harry and Ginny when they were only a chapter away from happiness.
Still, are they? It's all very well to say that they're happy now, but what's coming in the future. Only you know that, but you're a little too good at keeping me on my toes for me to be entirely happy with the way things are working out. I won't trust in a happy ending until I get one ;-)
I, too, think that Hermione must have had a long, long talk with Ron to get him to sort out his feelings for Harry dating Ginny. Of course, his being with Hermione won't have hurt matters,as she'd help him undertand how nice it is to have someone to trust and rely on in that way. Well done on not having him play the 'pest' older brother that he becomes in a lot of H/G fics.
I think it makes sense for Harry to receive a big shock before he realised what's really important. To draw a comparison between his love for Sirius and the way he's starting to feel about Ginny makes perfect sense to me, and you seem to have bought him down on the right side of the 'wanting love'/'wanting someone to sweatily grunt his rage on' line.
I have to say, though, that the exchange between Harry and Ginny seemed totally squirm-inducing. Still, Harry's list of reasons he fancies Ginny and the final 'Will you be my girlfriend?' had me wincing. He should be grateful that Ginny fancies him so much, because the boy really needs to work on his lines ;-)
Ginny, for her part, seemed a bit more capable of controlling a situation like that, both in OOtP and earlier in this story. Still, I suppose with her dreams coming true, she'd have to be made of stone not to be feeling a *little* shaky.
That minor quibble aside, this is an excellent chapter, and one I feel properly conveys the emotions Harry's going through, no small task for any author. Onwards with the rest of the story, then, now Harry's got part of his life in order for a change.
NetsirkElocin chapter 10 . 3/13/2004
Wicked! YAY! They are an item! The moment we all have been waiting for. I cannot wait for more. Add more soon.
Porphyrophobic Grape chapter 9 . 3/10/2004
Great story. I love how Ginny and Harry have taken on Hermione and Ron's obliviousness about their feelibng for each other. I also love how you developed Ginny's character. I'd like to see more about the adult members of the order, especally the important ones that are pertanant to the story. Namely Remus, maybe someone else for Harry to relate to.
Otherwise, great great story, Please update soon.
NetsirkElocin chapter 9 . 3/10/2004
Tres bien! I loved this chapter. It was awesome. I cannot wait for more. Add more soon.
sherilyn chapter 9 . 3/9/2004
I'm enjoying your story very much. Your plot is good, and you've done a wonderful job with characterization. If you don't mind the ramblings of a bored English teacher, though, I have a few items of constructive criticism I wanted to share.
1. I spotted several mistakes with homophones throughout the fic. Spell check is a wonderful thing (and I for one would be lost without it), but it doesn't pick up on those types of errors.
2. You sometimes go a bit overboard with description. Don't get me wrong - you do paint vivid pictures with your words. But sometimes it's more appropriate to use a simple word like "brown" rather than "chocolate" or "cinnamon." Also, too many adjectives can actually detract from the effectiveness of writing rather than make it more interesting.
3. Finally, your tone is sometimes...stilted. Your word choice is occassionally too elevated, causing your writing to have a quality that seems a little false. The best writing prof. I ever had once said that the cardinal rule of writing is KISS (Keep it simple, [insert whatever term you want beginning with "s" - I never liked to put "stupid" in there, which is what it's supposed to be ]). Don't use a $2 word when a 50 cent word will do.
Overall, though, you really do have a talent, and I'd encourage you to keep writing. I'm looking forward to reading more of your work in the future.
Dragonstorm316 chapter 9 . 3/9/2004
Okay this is looking to be a fluffy/angst piece. If that makes any sense at all. Looking forward to the next 11 chapters you have written. PPS