Reviews for An Unexpected Ally
mizz hottie chapter 1 . 4/14
OMG! I loved it. Lars/Reggie are sooo cute together. and that's why I'm planning on writing a songfic about the two. and it's going to be called "Ours" by Taylor Swift. and also, I agree with Benji's Riot Gurl. Sheesh! I don't know people always have to pair Reggie up with Twister in their fanfics. I always felt like these two were made for each other. and they're both older, which is a plus. and we need more Lars/Reggie fics so that they can outshine the Twister/Reggie fics. I don't know why, but I've never liked the idea of Twiggie together. Great fic. adding this to my faves.
Shiningheart of ThunderClan chapter 2 . 7/18/2010
*grin* VERY nice. I really hope you update soon, because this seems like a story I could come to love!
golem12345troll chapter 2 . 8/10/2005
Greta story so far! I really thought the Lars chapter was funny. Can't wai till you update! 'Gina...we'rd thing to call Reggie but it works.
Jujubie chapter 1 . 1/28/2005
Hey!

Totally loved the fic. Lars and Reggie are adorable together. You hafta update this fic ASAP. The wait is killing me. I can totally relate with the unhealthy obsession with cartoons and such. I also love your writing style and in its own way is unique. Update soon!

Peace out!

~JJ
Wobbly Headed chapter 2 . 9/14/2004
thats pretty good actually. Yup yup yup. *Thumbs up*
greetings from lala land chapter 2 . 9/7/2004
good fic
Ledophole chapter 2 . 1/16/2004
Are you going to update another chappie? Please do, I love the cynical smart Lars that people write about. So could you please do me a favor and make another chappie . . . soon?
hysteria82 chapter 2 . 12/19/2003
Great! Love the interaction between characters. Can't wait to read more
Relaxing Pikachu chapter 2 . 12/15/2003
Okay, this chapter was even better than the last one! It was great! I loved all of this POV stuff from Lars's side. I like how it's explained how he truly feels about his bro - how he doesn't really hate him - and of Reggie. How he has a soft spot for her, and I personally always did. Well, sorta. He doesn't really treat her nearly as mean or teases her like he's does the other three.

I also like how he feels about Otto when it comes to Twister. How he hates the fact that Twist is always in Otto's shadow and worships him so much.

What else did I like that was mentioned...oh yeah! What Lars said about how he likes to play the hero, like with the sand castle thing. I agree with that too!

*Claps* Very nice! I hope you add another chapter soon, and I hope it'll be from Otto or Twist's POV, sort of. What their thoughts on Lars and Reggie's kissing at the Shack.
Relaxing Pikachu chapter 1 . 12/15/2003
I finally have some free time on my hands and can catch up on fics again! _

When I overheard him complain that he had to drive to Ocean Shores for a family reunion, I'd found my feet heading towards his table, and asking if he wanted company for the commute. It wasn't exactly the first time I'd been desperate enough to ask for a favor from Lars Rodriguez, but it wasn't until after he agreed that I'd realized I had no doubt that he'd say yes.

That was very nice of Lars to drive her back to Ocean Shores. Lars is a nice guy after all. _

And that was also nice of Reg to ask Ray if he could get a free meal for the nice deed.
* * * * *
I spied Otto and Twist at a table in the corner. Twister was filming his own private Babewatch with his camera, following every bikini-clad bimbo up and down the boardwalk. He could get away with it, though, because he had such an endearing grin to go along with his well defined...well, hey, he may be my brother's best friend, but I'm not blind, OK?

lol. Why am I not surprised that Twist would do that? I could so see him doing something like that when older. ;
* * * * *
To my surprise and delight, I soon spied Trent walking towards the Shack. In my excitement, I didn't notice the blonde he was with. I jumped up from the table, ready to run over and greet him with enthusiasm. Before I took two steps towards him, I saw him kiss her at the entrance to the Shack.
OOh, harsh! So Trent is a two-timer! Reg should wail on him for that and then the "blond bimbo." lol
* * * * *
"Wow, Trent, that's a huge relief. I actually came home this weekend because there's something I wanted to tell you in person, too," I said, a bit too loudly. Several sets of eyes were on me as I brushed past Brittany and slipped an arm around Lars. "Isn't that right, HONEY?" I asked. He almost choked on the fry he was eating.

I bet Lars was totally shocked for that unexpected action. Interesting of Reg to try and play that off. She's obviously trying to make Trent feel bad.
* * * * *
"Maybe she had to fake it with you, lame-o," I heard, "but I don't have that problem."

Ahh, definitely something Lars would say. _
* * * * *
I looked up at Lars to offer him my silent thanks, and the next thing I knew, he leaned over and pressed his lips to mine. I was stunned. Lars was kissing me. In my dad's restaurant. In front of my brother. And his brother. And probably Tito and my dad, with my luck.

Whoa! I wasn't expecting that. Now if that doesn't convince Trent to some extent, nothing will!

*Has this feeling that Lars has always liked Reggie anyway, which is why he kissed her*

I bet he's always wanted to do that anyway and finally had a chance to and took it! _
* * * * *
"...I know that you needed to prove something to Trent, but LARS?"

I ignored my brother as I felt a smile tug at the corners of my lips.

Reggie likes Lars, Reggie likes Lars...probalby. lol. I liked this chapter and I can't wait to read the next one. I'm curious what info Twister is going to get out of Lars. _
VUWildcat chapter 2 . 12/9/2003
Love this chapter. Got teenage Lars written all over it.
By the way, this is the second time I've run in to a Rodriguez boy (in a fan-fic) needing a cold shower after being around Reggie. What's the significance of the cold shower? Maybe I'm not lingo-savvy right now.
Benji's Riot Gurl chapter 2 . 12/9/2003
*claps* Yay! This was a GREAT chapter, you went into so much detail about how Lars was feeling, and you kept him in character while showing his good side that no one ever sees! Great work, I hope you continue! Thanks for your review on my fic, even though now I HATE that song! ;) lol! I don't like pop anymore, but that's not the point. Thanks, I appreciate, and please continue!
a chapter 2 . 12/9/2003
I love it! please continue...please!
GothicRouge chapter 1 . 10/19/2003