Reviews for Obsession
The Flesh of JRB chapter 1 . 4/16/2008
This is an excellent examination of Seifer. You don't bother with some of the other rationalizations that people might want to toss in. You keep it simple, and let us know that Seifer is a creature of base desires, and of that evolved base desire envy.

Your take on Rinoa was particulary harsh, but I liked it. If you really examine how the characters funtion in the game, then it makes sense.

You also confirmed our suspicions about Rinoa and Seifer's summer together. Most of the time I share the same belief about thar relationship, and approach my own FF8 story with the same past in mind.

Great story.
Gibson18 chapter 1 . 8/29/2004
Cool. That was good. I liked that part while he thought of Rinoa. I remember thinking to myself... "Dude, didn't she bang his enemy? And he's...okay with this?" Yeah, Squall was a jerk to everyone. Good POV story.
Aurra Glow chapter 1 . 10/5/2003
Awesome! You've amazing, intensive depth to one of my favorite characters and his story of jealousy and angst!
Redrum chapter 1 . 9/20/2003
A powerful beginning, and a powerful ending. Both pack a punch, and are attention grabbing lines.

Very well written. Very plausible. I can really see Seifer feeling like this. The marking had me a little skeptical, since if you remember in the one sequence, that Seifer's face looked surprised that Squall was able to get back up. And he watched the blade come up at him in surprise, like a deer caught in headlights.

As your previous reviewers have already said, this was very well written. Beautiful work.
blessedsilence chapter 1 . 9/20/2003
oh my god, that was excellent. i think this is the best peice i have ever read concerning Seifer. I love how you portrayed him here, that he was trying to be like Squall, usually every one has it the other way around. I've never thought of Seifer in this light before, everything you wrote makes complete sense and fits well with the game. wonderful use of words, nice descriptions, and you kept Seifer in character, which is pretty hard to do. write more like this, ok? score: 15/10. this one is going straight to my favorites
Tricia chapter 1 . 9/19/2003
Very well written. Some nice phrases in there. And a great final line. It sticks in my head.
Verdanii chapter 1 . 9/19/2003
That was beautifull, really.