Reviews for Rebirth
Team503 chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
Captain saluted, taking the flexi from his outstretched hand, "Orders received and understood, Sir."

Not to nitpick, cuz I enjoy most of your stories, but I would point out that the High Guard is Earth-based, and Navies are HUGE on tradition. So are we Marines, but that's neither here nor there - there's a particular ceremony to this. An unassigned ship wouldn't have a previous commander, so CENTCOM (Central Command) would be considered the previous commander, represented in this case by Admiral Hunt.

Adm. Hunt would read the orders, as he did. He would then say, and this is really important (right after "and appoint you commander of the High Guard starship Andromeda Ascendant") - "Ma'am, I stand ready to be relieved."

The new CO steps forward and reads her orders to command, after which it is appropriate to face about, salute the retiring officer and say, "Sir, I relieve you."

Adm Hunt would then say "I stand relieved." and might follow it with a traditional blessing (Good hunting, godspeed, etc - NEVER "good luck").

Sorry, just wanted to share that with you.
krashkart chapter 1 . 1/17/2005
Hey this was a good read.
PheonixReborn chapter 1 . 10/16/2003
I loved the way you used a unknown third party perspective in this, it worked really well. (Although I'm a real softy for happy ever after stories anyway...)
Mary Rose chapter 1 . 9/22/2003
I liked it. Short and sweet. But I'm still staying B/D always.
Gordon AI chapter 1 . 9/20/2003
Hey thats pretty good. You must really like Tyr/Beka thats the second time you've used their child in a fic, well, that I've read.