Reviews for Observer
infinite nemo chapter 1 . 9/25/2003
_ i really like this story, and i think that you captured the finer nuances of kenshin and kaoru's characters very well. it was nice and sweet, (yet) also realistic. ) great job.
Akai Kitsune chapter 1 . 9/22/2003
Wow, I'm surprised I didn't notice this earlier, _ I'm glad I checked your profile.

Lovely little piece of work. Pointless as you said, but also purposeful, as you explain and confirm a lot about their relationship that needs to be said. It IS flawed as Kaoru noted, the two always worrying about one another, but it's so beautiful nonetheless. You painted a perfect picture of her thoughts.

I'm really glad you explained why Kenshin didn't notice her watching him. A lot of the time people assume he's just easily surprised by her because it's in his nature, but such an expert swordsman wouldn't have a selective guard, right? That's how I see it.

I loved the ending. A lot of authors can't pull a fic together, even if everything else is done right. You've never let me down with your endings, and this fic is no different, _ Kudos to you for another wonderful story.
ChiisaiKo chapter 1 . 9/22/2003
I really enjoyed this fic. It was light and refreshing, a great one-shot.

I found your discussion of Kenshin and Kaoru's ki intriguing. It clearly illustrates the foundation from which their relationship grows. I think you demonstrate this really clearly. He sneaks off alone. She follows him discreetly. He neither confirms nor denies that he wants her to be there, but she feels encouraged nonetheless. I think you've accurately captured their relationship in one wonderful little glimpse. They talk in code, and whatever love they feel for each other is simple and implicit. You'll never see Kenshin rhapsodizing about her beauty.

Also, I think you nailed their personalities, when you create a sense of cyclical, or spirialing evolution of worry between the two of them. (am I making sense there?) *shrug* Needless to say, I enjoyed this story.
Night-Mare-Chan chapter 1 . 9/22/2003
Wow... I love your description as he went through his kata... Very beautiful. And the way his hair shone... I like this fic. It was a very beautiful oneshot. _ My favorite part was 'the leaves resonating with his ki.' *sigh* So pretty.
Ryoko.Kilala chapter 1 . 9/21/2003
How sweet! I love it!

you should write more! add to the story abit!

but either way its really good!

Ja Ne

RK
Crystal Renee chapter 1 . 9/20/2003
Good good good story! I liked this one a lot!
fujifunmum chapter 1 . 9/20/2003
What a nice one-shot! Very sweet, very centered, very satisfying. Don't worry about your wiriter's block - talent will out! (But do cheer up from your funk.)
Sigel Phoenix chapter 1 . 9/20/2003
Such a wonderful feel to this story, really in keeping with the relationship Watsuki established for them within canon (after the Jinchuu arc, which is when I'm assuming this takes place). It's a bit strange how it can feel awkward to tell someone you love them *because* of how long you've loved each other. At least, that's the sense I get from this story - comforting and bittersweet and yearning, all at once.

The language is breezy and elegant, too, very evocative of what Kaoru is seeing. I can understand why she's so transfixed. _ After several days without anything really catching my attention here on , this has been a nice little bright spot. Thanks!
kenshinadmirer chapter 1 . 9/20/2003
Beautiful moment. I always thought that Kenshin would be beautiful when practicing his katas. :-) Maybe let loose that hair and it'll be a good drool moment. :-D

I do wonder why people never mention his white undershirt when talking about his clothes though. :-P
Fabulist chapter 1 . 9/20/2003
*applause*

Very nicely done. I'm impressed with how much emotion and thought you conveyed in so short a story. I especially loved the ending... waffy, but something I can totally see Kenshin doing/saying. Great job!
Moonseeker chapter 1 . 9/20/2003
Wow... Wonderful story. The romance is just subtle enough for it to really be believable, and to really be Kenshin and Kaoru. This is the first fic that I've read with the Kaoru sneaking up on Kenshin perspective... All the other ones have been the other way around.

I really enjoyed it! _

Moonseeker
Conspirator chapter 1 . 9/20/2003
Well, if this story is the result of writer's block, you should have writer's block more often! (just kidding...) After all, you've done the impossible-written a really sweet story without being totally WAFFY. Bravo!
Brittanie Love chapter 1 . 9/20/2003
Hey that was so great. It was so sweet. I hope you write more fics like that
April-san chapter 1 . 9/19/2003
Aww...

That was soo sweet! Great job! I loved the characterization and the plot. Kaoru sneaking out to watch Kenshin exercise. Kenshin not noticing due to his familiarity with her presence. *lower lip trembles* How cute! "One barrier down..." I really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing. _
BarbaraSheridan chapter 1 . 9/19/2003
Aw that was so sweet! I loved it!
62 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »