Reviews for What They Deserved
Tenderfoot chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
Great one-shot about the events of 'Impact'. I loved it. _
Purity Black chapter 1 . 6/20/2004
I only just saw 'impact' (the first time they showed it in this country) and then found your fic. I thought it was sad but accurate and it made me feel as though Rogue and Pietro had something in common and you made them see that well.
sleepy-geeky chapter 1 . 12/19/2003
Achk. Good story. I like the subltle I-know-I've-got-no-hope sort of angst with Pie. Good job. One of the few barable Rietro's I've read.
Happy Stalker Ball chapter 1 . 9/25/2003
Whoa, that was interesting- y'know I never thought of those two having that in common until now. Very interesting!

This was, as always, wonderful! I'm sure you get tired of hearing that over and over again so I'm going to try to play with words some: This was delightfully wonderful to read! _ Well, I played with them a *little.*

Liked this alot- and it was a good first Rietro thing, though I kind of read it more as a friendship than romance but that's why the summary says "slightly" right? _~

I enjoyed it alot! _ Glad to see school's not keeping you away from the computer for too long!

~Ice Princess
taekwondodo chapter 1 . 9/20/2003
Very nice. You made Rogue's POV sympathetic and believable. Nicely worded. The interaction between Rogue and Pietro was really good - I esp. liked 'born on that road and ran down it at lightspeed.' Also Rogue's last line was excellent.
anaisninja01 chapter 1 . 9/20/2003
I don't know if you meant them to, but all your "Impact" pieces fit together spectacularly, and I felt really ambiguously toward the other 2 until this one. As a weird editorial note, I think you should bundle them, but don't listen to me, and I think you could make a complete collection by writing a Wanda piece in this same theme. I love this fic; I think you've given the characters a sense of having done irrevocable wrong; however, I'd like to see either you or the script writers remind the characters that they're still young, that they can still redeem themselves and be decent human beings. ::gets off soap box:: Sorry, it always bothers me when kids around my age think they've totally fucked their lives up already. You've recaptured your "spark" with this, please post again soon.
Ellen chapter 1 . 9/20/2003
That was so sad! Poor Pietro, you're not a montser, and it was great!
tonianne chapter 1 . 9/20/2003
that was awesome! Please continue soon. This story rocked. I love the way you are explaining each and evryone's feelings, but, this may sound stupid. What happened during the episode impact. I missed it cause I was at co op class ( its a class to prep for a test to get into catholic highschool). You can e-mail me the explanation or just put it in your next update. Thanks a million. I am a big fan of your work.
kosumi chapter 1 . 9/20/2003
i just realized they got rid of both Magneto and Mystique in that episode. hahahha. And you're right. Pietro and Rogue DO have a lot in common now. As well as Kurt and Wanda. VERY good fic. I wish there was more Rogue/Pietro interaction in the show. this was really good. :)
X-Girl4 chapter 1 . 9/20/2003
Very good.I really loved it!Bravo!
UnknownSource chapter 1 . 9/20/2003
this was pretty good. I first looked at the title and thought it would be completely different but i hafta say you surprised me cause this was really good.

I especially liked the way it is told, the way its from Rogues PoV and the way she's trying to lie to herself to cover up her real feelings. The way you included Pietro was good as well, sort of the vision of how bad Rogue could get if she continued that far down the path, turning into a monster no one cares for and who cares for no one. I specially liked Pietro's line about going down that road at light speed and the very last line, they were both very effective and are probably going to stick in my head for some time. Though i'm not sure of the point at the end, is it that Rogue can be redeemed before she turns out like Pietro or that she is doomed to go on down that road till she finally gets the punishment she is due?

Overall this fic was enjoyable to read and i'd maybe like something from Kurt's PoV or a sequel to this.
The Phantom chapter 1 . 9/20/2003
Nice little gem, there. Those two do have a lot in common. I looked at it from a non-romance perspective, and I really liked the camaraderie. Which I know I just spelled wrong. _

Great descriptions, great dialogue, nice first-person POV.

~ Phantom
Jesse chapter 1 . 9/20/2003
That was beautiful! I was thinking that those two needed to talk, both having seemingly lost their evil, manipulative terrorist parents who used them over and over. No one else could understand, not even Kurt and Wanda- since her head is all screwy :p Awesome work!
Epona chapter 1 . 9/20/2003