Reviews for The Ties That Bind
Lady J2 chapter 1 . 7/5/2004
Sigh. This is getting old.

Absolutely ADORE this story. Adore, do you hear me? Where did you find a virgin to sacrifice to the great writing gods for this kind of talent? Really. Cuz I want to hunt one down for myself. But, with my luck, you got the last. Adore, damn it.

Read it first on either Partners or your own site (not really sure which), and it's stuck with me since (and we're talking at least a year or so here). In fact, it was a couple of your stories and all the rest on Partners and the Strange Luck site that prompted me to spend money on back issues of X-Force again. I just needed all the details those wonderful tales were based on.

If it matters: I love the "I'm not vain" line, the knowing her luck won't cause everyone to take themselves out line, the splicing of the lick (which explains so much), the acknowlegment that Vanessa is more Dom than Dom is now, possible realization on Nate's part that he could, maybe, possibly move forward, and most of the description of her current situation.

I hold a special place in my heart for Dom. She's my favorite Marvel character (funny how I stopped reading when they started screwing with her royally). And this is one of my favorite Dom stories (right up there with Future Pluperfect and Just Lucky, I Guess).

I think I'm done gushing now. Adore. Really. You just keep feeding me details, and I keep lapping it up and wishing all mine flowed the same way. Rat Bastard (it's my own offical standard. Only about three other writers have reached it).
karrenia chapter 1 . 1/19/2004
That was intense. I think you captured the personalties and the emotional gauntlet that the charcters would have to be going through under these circumstances. There had to be a way that Tolliver could use Copycat to convince Cable and the rest of X-Force that she was the real Domino. I know they always is a convincing act, and it fooled everyone for months in the comic books.
And I like how this was told from her point of view through a spliced psi-link. Good job!