Reviews for On my own
Loreleirain chapter 2 . 4/14/2014
And who cares? That age difference is nothing for hobbits. And I wud like them to be the same age. Good story!
qqqqq chapter 2 . 10/18/2009
Frodo and Sam are not the same age.
a beautiful elf chapter 1 . 9/8/2005
I always feel sad when Frodo leaves for valinor, however any story where Frodo returns to middle earth after many years and is hated by Sam or any story where Sam goes to valinor and is hated by Frodo is a whole lot sadder because one of them greatly misses the other.
G chapter 2 . 3/23/2004
Great idea of writing companion point of view chapters. You did a good job of conveying the poignant feelings that both Frodo and Sam experienced, as well as the heartwarming strength of their friendship.
The following lines were truly insightful, and were my favorites:
"Sam could not forget the times they had had. The times Frodo had needed Sam and the times Sam had needed his Frodo. He wondered what life would have been like if he had never met Frodo at all. Would it have been better or worse?"
Snooboostoo chapter 1 . 11/20/2003
I just love this song, I like how you put them to it, very nice
mousegal chapter 2 . 10/20/2003
Hiya!

I really thought that this second chapter was very good. I also like the way the songs really match with the story.

I especially liked the line:

"...yet still he would rather go through all that again and have Frodo with him than be here alone, without him."

Brilliant stuff!

Love Rachel. x
loveofthering chapter 2 . 10/20/2003
I just love IT!

very beautifully written...

especially the last line really got to me. Sam let a single tear fall down his cheek and onto the bed covers before he walked from the room, closing the door behind him.

write more!
loveofthering chapter 1 . 10/20/2003
I just loved this...so sad, yet so wonderful!

crying thinking about it!

You are such a talented writer!
Anastasia Who chapter 2 . 10/19/2003
*sniff* *sniff* That's so sad. That song works so perfectly though. I loved it. I thought it was really sweet and well planned. Write another soon.
Michelle Frodo chapter 2 . 10/19/2003
*sigh*

What more is there to say, really? That was my very first reaction.

You almost had me in tears with this, you really did.

And I think it helps that I know the song. It reminded me of when I was at yours for the weekend and we were playing backgammon for, like, hours, with this song on.

I especially liked this line:

"The times Frodo had needed Sam and the times Sam had needed his Frodo."

You managed to get the lyrics to fit so perfectly.

*sigh*

(story being added to my favourites list, just because)

I'm going to have that song in my head all night now.

"But you still have all of me"

Peace, Love and Shire Ale

Your Frodo

x
Arwen chapter 2 . 10/19/2003
Hi

Once again u used a fave song of mine. Excellent. Really really good. U're good at these song fics aren't you?

Keep up the good work

Brillaint

Love Sarah
Angel of death chapter 1 . 9/23/2003
That was another very good song fic from you. You seem to be able to pick the most perfect songs for your stories and then write words to match.

This was very sad and raised many a sniffle. I love the song you used. I can't wait for Sam's POV.

Angel of death
Arwen chapter 1 . 9/23/2003
Hi

I have to say that is the best of your stuff soso far, Really i mean it.

On my own is one of my fave songs of all time, u know what i mean, how into musicals i am, and it brought a tear to my eye.. It really fits the story well.

I loved it. Wonderful. Nothin more to say.

Loadsa love, Sarah x
ElvenDestiny chapter 1 . 9/22/2003
Lovely story. I love the song 'On My Own'...I've played it on the piano many times and I've sung it, too ;) In fact, I may be doing my first songfic on another piece in Les Miserables...

~ ElveNDestiNy
Anastasia Who chapter 1 . 9/21/2003
oh I loved this. Very sweet and cool. Can't wait to hear the one about Sam.