Reviews for Mononokehime Continuation
dragonspirit888 chapter 18 . 2/21/2005
No problem. Hope you update soon! Can't wait to find out what happens next.
destroyerhive chapter 1 . 1/16/2005
overall, well done. A much more probable scenario than many (ie:Lady Eboshi, the isolantionist who distrusts the current emporer of Japan, introduces Ashitaka to the Emporer's daughter, whom she invited). The writing flows nicely, though htere are two issues I have with it. The references to events from mononoke hime feel a little forced (though they do work as context), and some of the dialogue, while well written, does not seem entirely in character. It would be an interesting change if you told the rest of this (assuming you're writing more) from the perspective of a minor character (rather than the obvious choices of Ashitaka, San, etc). In terms of the technical side, tatara is a Japanese word, this adding the "-ns" suffix would not be appropriate. Tatara-tachi might be more accurate, or you could just try to avoid this altogether by altering the sentence structure so you wouldn't have people like me correcting you. The element of social hierarchy is a nice touch. also, keeping the noticalby intentional separation of ashitaka and San is good (ie: they can still be friends, etc., without either betraying their loyalties to the forrest/humanity. As a note- Miyazaki's original storyboard had them admit to their love for one another, though it still had the above separation due to interests). By the way, remember:Eboshi's arm was bitten off-this might add something or , this has been helpful, and if you have any questions, want to send me hate-mail for attempting to defile your work, etc. feel free, but send a clear subject or I'll have no idea who you are.
ThebigW chapter 17 . 1/10/2005
Thanks for answering my question (partly) I left in an earlier review. I see now how they WOULD bond after that experience together. I know how difficult it is to keep a detailed story going, so I won't nitpick, but I'll ask a question: in the anime, Kaya had two friends with her when Ashitaka first came out of the forest with the cursed boar chasing him. Whatever became of them? If they were alive at the time of the attack, wouldn't she be more concerned as to their welfare?

Sorry, I know this came out of left field, that thought just struck me as I was reviewing this. As to the chapter itself, most excellent. Please give us more of Kaya and Kenshin's relationship. Also, we need more San! And more Eboshi! And more...

More, more, more!

Regards.

W.
Ilvinaeda chapter 17 . 1/3/2005
Very nice update. I like the way you separate more of your story into paragraphs and make it a bit easier to read. The storyline's progressing well...keep going!
Skiota chapter 17 . 12/29/2004
Finally! Its been so long. At least it was long...I'd love to say more about how much I love this story...but I have to pee! wah! Can't wait for your next update. Happy New Year!
Velf chapter 12 . 12/27/2004
I feel SO sorry for San, Would she actually Kill him? I think not, but she must learn that things are not always black and white.
Velf chapter 11 . 12/27/2004
And so it begins, How will all this be resolved? iron town will hardly be sympathetic under its new command.
dragonspirit888 chapter 17 . 12/23/2004
Awesome story. Very professional writing. I absolutely luv it!. Kenshin sounds soo kool the way he killed the six samurai. There is soo much detail I like this story alot. I hope you update soon. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Velf chapter 10 . 12/17/2004
Oh dear it's all a bit of a mess. Eboshi should kill Asano in the end I think. I feel so sorry for San I hope it all works out in the end. :sigh:
velf chapter 6 . 12/17/2004
I knew that Takiko would be trouble. Poor San she does not understand how deviose humans can be. Very well done, I hope Ashitaka does not lose his faith in her.
Velf chapter 4 . 12/16/2004
I'm glad you brought Kaya in to the story, I often wanted to know what happened to her. The relationship with San and Ashitaka is very realistic and not overly sweet. I see trouble brewing with Takiko, great chapter I'll read more when i can
Velf chapter 1 . 12/16/2004
wow. wonderful! will read the rest later but I like what I've read so far. The detail is rich and intricate.
Beowulf31486 chapter 17 . 12/15/2004
What a great story that you have going. I just love what you have done with it. This is a very interesting story. The character development and descriptions are all very good. Keep up the good work. I can't wait to see your next up-date.
Sargent Snarky chapter 17 . 12/14/2004
Nice! You're story is still interesting and I can't wait for you to write more! I would have reviewed sooner, but, alas, school, my own writings, more school and other things have interevened. -applauds- Keep writing!
melaniestarwind2 chapter 17 . 12/14/2004
hahah u updated im so proud of you now make more nnow damn you fool i vant to read more it's been shuch a longes time ok, but thanx
214 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »