Reviews for A Debt of Honor
Megagalvatron12 chapter 5 . 3/10/2011
awsome story using the mirror kruge to get honor for david marcus mirror
Nenya Kanadka chapter 5 . 1/8/2004
So MU Saavik gives our-U Spock the MU Spock's katra? (Or am I hopelessly confused?) What does he do with it? Does it merge into his own consciousness? Does he know that this isn't our Saavik? How does this tie into Trek II and I in our universe?
Curiouser and curiouser. I really like your premise and story. Love your minor characters taking larger roles (well, I know Spock's not a minor character, but the others are-and Spock rocks too).
Nenya Kanadka chapter 4 . 12/27/2003
Now I'm curious to know what happened to MU Spock's katra. :) Hm! And all this discussion of the different words for 'soul' in different alien languages is interesting too. Even though I'm a lot more chicken than the average Klingon, I kind of like how they look at death-"today is a good day to die" sounds to me like they're not afraid of it. If that's not just bravado, that's really cool. Anyhow, I'm glad you've continued this story. It's really one of the better MU ones I've read. Best luck with any more of it that you may write!
Nenya Kanadka chapter 3 . 12/27/2003
Hee! More cool warrior Klingons. :) Maybe this Kruge is more like our Martok than he is like his Genesis counterpart. Which possibly makes up for Worf being evil in the MU. (Darn, why did they have to do that? I *like* Worf, dammit! I admit it was effective, though, for that very reason. *sigh*) Nice to have a non-evil Kruge-especially since I'm a Christopher LLoyd fan.
Nenya Kanadka chapter 2 . 12/27/2003
Hurrah! More of this story! *large grin* This story is one of my favourites-sticks in my memory because of its originality and the neat way you weave all the characters together. I'm so glad you've done more!
...and wow, Kruge lets Tuvok mind-meld with him? He must be really serious about this-I'd imagine Klingons would find mind-melds a bit invasive. Interesting!
And regarding my comments about Dax, earlier: a couple of weeks ago, I was looking up the specifics of the joining dates of the Dax hosts in our universe. I found out that Curzon was joined in 2285-the same year our David Marcus was killed. So if David survived in the alternate universe, Curzon could very well have known him at some point after that (assuming that MU Curzon was joined at the same time as ours). So I take back my critique of your choice of Dax host! (Although I do maintain that people don't write enough about the other Dax hosts!)
Off to read next chapter. Q'apla!
SkywaterBlue chapter 1 . 9/29/2003
Interesting. And fun. When TOS and DS9 Collide, part 2! Or three. Marcus never gets a whole lot of fic time so it's nice to see him represented here.

As to the Dax issue: I don't think symbionts exist in the mirror universe. Take that as you will.
Nenya Kanadka chapter 1 . 9/29/2003
Wow! I really like your ideas! Very original. I like how you refer to people who don't make it into many TNG-era stories about Kirk's time: Kruge and David Marcus. And their alternate universe counterparts-this is a very interesing piece of work. You've sketched out a good rationale for Kruge wanting to join the Terran resistance, as well as a believable life for an AU David Marcus. Very satisfying story to read. Is this the first chapter of a multi-part story, or just a standalone? I hope it's part one of several, 'cause I'd come back and read it if so.

There's one small thing I think you might want to consider changing, though: I think the Dax host who would have known David Marcus wouldn't be Curzon. Assuming that the sequence of hosts in the alternate universe is the same as that of the main Trek universe, we know that Emony was a contemporary of the TOS folks-Jadzia said once that Emony and Dr. Mccoy had dated. Between Emony and Curzon, there was Audrid and Torias, also. Torias was only joined for 6 months to a year (according to "Lives of Dax" the book) in our universe, but who knows how it would have worked out in the AU. And of course, since we know that the AU Ezri *isn't* Ezri Dax, it's possible that the sequence of hosts of Dax in the AU is different, though I'm sure some of them are the same, since a lot of things seem to be the same between the two universes. Anyhow-I think Curzon wouldn't have been old enough to have known David Marcus, so maybe you should have Jadzia say it was one of the others who knew him. Just a suggestion. :) It's always cool to hear about people who don't get many references in Trek stories, and earlier hosts of Dax fit that description. :)

Best wishes! I want to read more!

-Nenya Meru