Reviews for The Yellow Ring
croquant chapter 8 . 7/28/2013
Fun and what an awesome resolution! Loving the lonely child Ryou. You certainly succeeded in giving more detail to Bakura's beginnings with his host; the story was vibrant (but with bad or good vibes...?) and descriptive throughout.
Silver-Haired-Thief chapter 8 . 12/5/2012
I loveed it!:)
winnie chapter 8 . 4/10/2012
...pure awesomeness...im sure u wont admit it but you really do need ryou, bakura!
Saruhno chapter 8 . 12/4/2010
I think it's a happy ending. Uh... then again, I also call two people dying for each other a happy ending. Yeah, even though they die. .

Anyhows, great story! I really enjoyed reading it.
Affy-Bakura chapter 8 . 9/16/2010
I've always liked that idea that Bakura promised Ryou that he would never be alone, where it was cause he was being nice or not.
Affy-Bakura chapter 6 . 9/16/2010
D: Awww poor sweet Ryou.

XD Haha love the last-ish line. You got burned Kura!
RavenToriBlack chapter 8 . 3/9/2010
Perfect ending to a perfect fic.
TheBlackPheonixNightengaleFudo chapter 8 . 4/9/2009
COL!
roseangel2 chapter 1 . 9/22/2008
Very nice and elegant. I love Yami and Ryou.
Light chapter 8 . 8/18/2008
I don't know if I reviewed this story when I first read it, but even five years later, I don't know if it's because it's one of the first stories I read or what, but the end of the story has haunted me (All he heard was someone saying they'd never leave him alone again...). Chilling.
heartoftheword chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
_ Oh, how cute. Very precise, accurate, and well written. Typed. Whatever. * * * * * * I love writing that tale, don't you? I'm going to add on what should go next...

Ryou had the ball bounce back to him as it dully hit the side of his bedroom wall for the umpteempth time. He sighed, dropped the ball, and let himself fall onto the bed where he'd been sitting. He stole a glance at the photograph that he could not bear to look at, yet could not bear to put away.

Natsumi Bakura, Ryou,and Amane smiled up at him. It was springtime, the season of the sakura (cherry blossoms.) Families gathered from all over for the festival, the sights, the fun. Natsumi smiled her calm, quiet, patient smile, as they sat on the park bench. Bouncy Amane, licking an ice cream cone, was waving energeticlly at the professor who laughed as he took photo after photo. Ryou was laughing too, leaning on the back of the bench, and giving bunny ears to Amane.

A lump rose in his throat, and he shoved his face in the pillow.

Knock, knock. (No "who's there," sorry) Bakura looked up in surprise. Could that be-

Yes. The professor smiled as he entered, holding something behind his back. "I'm home early, Ryou," he called.

Ryou, who was used to putting on acts for his worried father, got up and ran to his dad, giving him an awkwars hug, due to the fact the professor had an arm behind his back.

"Dad! You're really home early this time," exclaimed Ryou. "You weren't supposed to be back for days!"

Father smiled and pulled his arm out from behind him. An odd package, wrapped in cloth was revealed. It looked heavy, by the way Bakura's dad was holding it. Bakura glanced at it curiously.

"This is for you," his father said gently, handing the item to Ryou. Ryou blinked, then took it.

As soon as his fingers made contact, an electric shock went through his body. He flinched.

"What's rong?" worried the professor.

"N-nothing, dad...wow!"

The fine, gold points shone exquisitively in the dim, evening light. "THANKS! Thanks a whole lot!"

Ryou's dad hugged him awkwardly again, then went down the stairs. "I'll make diner tonight," he called, apparently forgetting he was a dreadful cook. The door closed behind him.

Glad for the distraction from his misery,Ryou gaped at the ring. It was VIBRATING. He dropped it onto the bed in his surprise.

It was as though..pure ectasy was racing through this thing. It was raging like a fire, calling out to Ryou, begging, commanding, to grasp it once again. Ryou's eyes widened, and he took another step back. The thing was like...well...something enchanted. Was it...cursed?

Ryou stole a glance around the room. Then he seized the ring.

At Ryou's warm touch, the ring went crazy. It vibrated even more fiercely then before and sang out a command. There was no more pleading. Bakura felt his eyes dilate as he stared at the weird thing.

Then, the rope went around his neck.

BOOM.

An explosion of fire and energy, electric sparks and cold winds; fear and alarm exploding from Ryou as a dark prescence bloomed.

Ah, it purred. At last...At long last...

Who...who are you? cried out a distressed and terrified Bakura in his head.

The thing hesitated. I am a thief and a stealer of souls, it whispered. But.. I am your ally.

Ally?

Tjjk chapter 1 . 7/27/2007
Aww, I really liked this! It made me laugh, it made me cry, it even made me squeal rather fangirlishly. I love the description you use and the phrasing of words. It all sounds so neat and tidy, wrapped up in a little story like this. I usually don't read YGO fan fiction, but since Ryo and Bakura are my favorite characters, I had to read this. You described Ryo's loneliness perfectly. I almost started crying! He's the most sympathetical character in the show and you got him in character quite nicely. You mention that Ryo doesn't like meat too much but I thought it was his (as well as his Yami's) favorite food? But anyway, the significant differences between Ryo and Bakura are emphasized quite well in this story – great job on that. Also, I don't know much about Egypt, but I think you're right about mau meaning cat - you know, like the Egyptian Mau breed? Anyway, great story, definitely worth the time I spent reading it! Tjjk
firedraygon chapter 8 . 6/22/2007
Yeah, Ryou's usually the kid with Stockholme in lots of fics, but I love it. "All he heard was someone saying they'd never leave him alone again." I LOVE it. *flails* Haven't read The Yellow Wallpaper before, but I do know the story. Great work with this.
ELIMINATED chapter 8 . 1/4/2007
Wow. Gotta love this, even if it's three years old fic..BUT I LOVED IT! Hm..Ryou is really going insane..Talking to himself..I mean to Bakura..Er...Goes in my favorites. '
Jjinks chapter 8 . 10/14/2005
I know I've read this before but I don't think I ever reviewed. Sorry. I liked this though. I wish there was more. Maybe there is. I'm going to go look.