Reviews for Ever Thankful
Rabid Angel chapter 1 . 6/12/2006
Great story. This is kind of new for me- I don't read a lot of PotC fics, and I don't read a lot of slash (I have nothing against homosexuality, but reading about it just isn't my thing). However, you've pulled this story off expertly. I could actually see it as I read because of your powerful description. Keep up the great work!

-Rabid Angel :)
Clarence chapter 1 . 8/8/2005
Ah Alcie, that was fucking beautiful! Never have I seen the word 'strumpet' used with such apparent ease, and certainly it is quite an achievement to skirt around directly graphic 'slash' scenes, but you navigate it well.

However, I am now going to have to go and read your other stories, to cover up the fact that I went straight for the remotely 'slash' related one. I whistle honestly and beg that you do not mock me in a relieved fashion, thankful that I have not mocked thee.

Ha ha, yer face. Couldn't resist, night night, my sweet!
Beth chapter 1 . 6/30/2004
Wow, that was beautiful...So beautiful, in fact, that I am not acting as my usual nutty self...I know I know...Don't faint. Well done. Three cheers and all...

Beth
andy chapter 1 . 6/9/2004
that was so cute i luved i really good writer and now i will see if u wrote anything else so see ya
Catmint chapter 1 . 6/5/2004
Oh WOW. This was so incredibly beautiful. *sighs dreamily* Definitely one of the best Jack/Will fics out there. The use of language and imagery is nothing short of amazing. I absolutely love this fic.

Quibbles (only very minor):

- 'opPOrtune', not opertune

- muscles are 'taut' (tight), not taught (which is something teachers did to us)

- 'forEfinger', not forfinger
lingching chapter 1 . 2/17/2004
I think this was the best plotless oneshot that I have ever read.
Jack's feelings were well developed.
Really lovely.
I look forward to see another piece of your work.
Good luck.
a nameless face chapter 1 . 10/1/2003
m...warm and fuzzy feelings all around
Starlit Hope chapter 1 . 9/22/2003
Aw...how cute! That was very nice- I have to see if you wrote any more PoTC fics so see ya!
robindragon chapter 1 . 9/22/2003
This was absolutely lovely. I look forward to reading more of your work.
dearne chapter 1 . 9/22/2003
wow... beautiful. Very very beautiful. lol eloquent, no? Just the simplicity of watching a lover sleep... ::sigh: you've conveyed it wonderfully and i hope you write more!
CuriousDreamWeaver chapter 1 . 9/22/2003
I really enjoyed reading this fic.

I loved the imagery and the emotive language. It made the story have so much more substance than a lot of other stories out on the Net and it gave me a warm feeling inside. It was really nicely written, nicely expressed. I found that it was quite engrossing and made me reread it more than once. I particularly enjoyed how you didn't focus on the sexual aspect of their relationship but, rather, the emotional connection that Jack felt with Will. It was very refreshing.

Great fic!

_~

DreamWeaver
christy the badger chapter 1 . 9/21/2003
aw, that was cute. you are an awsome writer, good job!
MashLuck chapter 1 . 9/21/2003
Oh wow...*grabs tissue* That was a truly touching fic...aw

oxsalemxo
Almost Believing chapter 1 . 9/21/2003
That was beautiful. Honestly, one of the best J/W fics I've read so far!
Looking for stuff to read chapter 1 . 9/21/2003
Aww! -grabs tissue- That was one of the sweetest PotC fics I've ever, ever read! -sniffles- Beautiful story!