Reviews for Fragments Of A Life
Veridissima chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
This is so sad and sweet at the same time
I'm crying so much right now
This is one of the best things I ever read
Love that as by Huck's POV
Dradrey chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
I read this months ago, and now with a bit of hindsight, I've got to admit, that this is my favourite West Wing fanfic. It honestly is beautiful.
Lord Mesron chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
That was really, really good! I definitely enjoyed seeing it from Huck's POV.
Sakiina chapter 1 . 12/28/2005
(First, demographically, this fic was recced to me from a friend *g* And I've had an urge for some CJ/Toby so I thought I'd sit down and read it.)

I really love the way the tone changes; the style of the piece moves and matures as Huck does, and that's fantastic. You've really exploited the 3rd person filter here, too, which is really great.

Andi was an interesting characterization - I could see her going that way, most definitely, but she would have needed some sort of impetus, I think (an impetus that I can imagine for myself because there's no way little Huck would have had a clue why precisely his mother was foisting them off on Toby...) CJ was wonderful, and Toby rocked. And I thought I was sensing some Josh/Will shippiness, which amused me to no end.

Thanks!
jen chapter 1 . 9/27/2004
i'm new to the world of west wing fanfiction, and i've never even considered pairing cj and toby, but you've woven this story so beautifully. The relationships between all the characters are perfect. i'd love to see more written about huck and molly.
Bastet chapter 1 . 9/22/2004
After finding me crying in my office, I think my assistant is calling to have me committed, but I don't care.

Like another reviewer said, I don't agree with your characterization of Andi. And even though I'm thrilled that you still have C.J. working, there are points at which she comes off as too much the self-sacrificing perfect mom. But, amazingly, that only slightly diminishes my fondness for this story.

You do a good job of illuminating C.J. & Toby's relationship through Huck's eyes, while never making him sound precocious. "I think you've done enough damage to your clothes" was the perfect humorous relief in the midst of the Sam tragedy. And you damn near broke my heart when you killed off Toby. But you did it all beautifully, accomplishing sentimentality without sappiness. Just as Toby would like. :-)
sy chapter 1 . 2/3/2004
wow.
that was fabulous. really, really great. really. really really.
Anne chapter 1 . 11/1/2003
This story is amazing. I loved everything about it.
fudge chapter 1 . 10/4/2003
Amazing story, I wish it was longer. I had the biggest yen for a Huck and Molly story and there one was- everything I'd hoped for.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/24/2003
My God!

This story is so beautiful!

I don't have any words to explain the beauty of it.
Lady Myranel chapter 1 . 9/23/2003
Bravo, bravo. A sequel?
catgurl83 chapter 1 . 9/23/2003
That was really good! I enjoyed getting glimpses of the twins as the years progressed. They were very well portrayed in this story.
Emma chapter 1 . 9/22/2003
God, that was good. And I'm not even much of a CJ/Toby (I can't help Josh/Donna-ing it!) but that was brilliantly written in every sense of the word. I'm certainly going to keep an eye out for anything else you may write!

Emma
Elli chapter 1 . 9/22/2003
What a beautiful, sweet story. While I didn't agree with your characterisation of Andy and am not a fan of CJ and Toby as a couple the story was still very moving. I really liked the chracterisations of Huck and Molly, it was nice to see them growing up. And thank you so much for including Sam, even if it was short, it was sweet, the tale of his death was heartbreaking. Thanks for sharing!