Reviews for Ankoku Wa Osore Nai Don't Fear the Darkness
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
Why have I not read this before? One of the best Yu-Gi-Oh fics I've read, and it can even fit the timeline (since the events of the Millenium World arc happened when the pharaoh was in his teens).

I could just imagine the puppy eyes assault from Yugi and Mokuba. Yugi is rather frightening at times, and made of pure adorable at others.

I had to laugh at some of the puns - especially the "puce" one, for reasons I am not entirely sure of myself.

Seto beats Gozaburo for good - and took the moral high ground in the most backwards and bad*ss way possible. *claps*
Athina Dark-Angel of Death chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
Wonderfully written
EbonyWing chapter 1 . 9/27/2011
Oh wow...this is brilliant on so many levels! XD

Sorcerer!Seto-love it! ;)

Please tell me there's a sequel!
killing u with umbrellas chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
loved it.
lilystar6 chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
really good story
mythamagica chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
This was an excellent story, let me just say. I really wish I could write as well as you do, although you probably have more experience and dedication than I do. Anyways, it was funny, dramatic, flowed well, and in character. And all the characters had a purpose, something that I find lacking in the actual story. I'm really glad I found this story
kuraireikan chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
I'd forgotten how much I love this fic; it's been too long since the first reading. I'm so glad that I found it again. Also, the hat-tip to Carnavale was inspired. I don't think I caught that the first time through.
Obsessed Authoress chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
wah, that was so good! XD XD XD and WOW this was published a long time ago, but anyway... i love your writing style, and i loved this fic!

-OA
Kelvin chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
Nice Story! Only one real nitpick though: when Kaiba faced Joey near the end, Saggi(600 atk/1500 def) would have lost against Flame Swordsman(1800 atk/ 1600 def). Might want to have Kaiba use Vorse Raider instead.
stingrae90 chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
I was a little skeptical when I read your summary, but you pulled this off nicely. I loved your little bits of humor scattered throughout and you've gotten an admirable handle on all of these characters; no mean feat when you consider how many there are!

My only complaint is how long it is (not that I mind long, but all at once is kinda tough to wade through!). It would have been easier to follow if you'd broken it up into separate chapters, instead of this one large chapter.

But! I loved the story. Every aspect of it. Especially Ryou standing up to Bakura in his introduction. It's nice to see when an author acknowledges Ryou isn't some shy pushover, he's just quiet, with a built in reason to avoid people, so to speak...

stingrae
Cere chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
"Look at my side, young one. What do you see:"

"A dragon who needs to go on a diet"

I have to say, I cracked up rather badly reading that line.
Florida Alicat chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
AW! the ending is so cute! and I could have seen this in the TV show so you did a great job.
dormitos chapter 1 . 1/20/2009
*wild clapping*

im supposed to be studying for midterms, but i started reading this and got caught up, and couldn't stop until i'd read all 20 thousand or so words, however many there are.

i've read it once before, and the first time i really didn't get it. it seemed a little disjointed, or just plain unexplained at times. now, i have no idea what i was doing when i read it the first time but i clearly wasn't paying enough attention. i loved it all the way through this time. great characterization of almost all the characters. my only complaint was that yami bakura seemed a little soft, although his bloodlust and 'skills' were right up there with canon.

otherwise, joey, yami, tea, mai, tristan, kaiba, etc... all perfect. yay for you!

i really loved the 'general' aspects of this fic, the action parts, like the fights scenes, and the introspective parts about a character's development, past and/or motivation. i especially LOVED the showdown at the warehouse, the action scenes were woven together to great effect.

this fic was a complete pleasure to read. i'm really happy to see there's a sequel, i'm off to read that now too!
guess chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
Carnival around 1940? Sounds like "Something Wicked This Way Comes" by Ray Bradbury to me.
Estrella85 chapter 1 . 6/12/2008
VERY great story. I was a little dubious, but the story was very creative and it was all well written. _
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »