Reviews for The Family Name
MFA chapter 30 . 4/8
I only have one problem with this chapter, and it's the same problem I always have when people make magic beat a gun. Voldy couldn't have, in any way, risen that shield before the bullet reached him.

A bullet does the noise that it does because it breaks the sound barrier, which means, a wizard would have to move and speak the spell faster than sound, at supersonic speed, that being almost 350 m/s at sea level, which Voldy did not, and could not do. So, for a wizard to defend against a bullet, they would need to have the shield up before the shot is made. I hope this doesn't happen again because I like this story. But there's only so much inconsistency one can take before saying 'nope'.
EmeraldSeaGamer chapter 31 . 4/1
(sighs) I LOVE YOU ARTY! 3
EmeraldSeaGamer chapter 23 . 4/1
XD oooo now we know Artemis's weaknesses... Chocolate frogs and donuts CX
EmeraldSeaGamer chapter 3 . 3/31
XD talking in exclamation points. That's a new one XD
EmeraldSeaGamer chapter 2 . 3/31
ohhhhh... couples? Hmmph. Well it's a good story you wrote no less, so I suppose I can get over the couple thing for now.
EmeraldSeaGamer chapter 1 . 3/31
Artemis is amazing... SO amazing!
Moonlight Keeper chapter 31 . 3/18
Oh, boy, I'm feeling like Pansy here. If only, if only... But Draco and Artemis do make the best of friends (even if they're to prideful to admit), and so long as they're happy, I'm happy.

I really do enjoy this story a lot (which may or may not do with the image of lil' Artemis being cute as hell). I mean, it's happy and nice (although I know that'll change after book 4) and the Draco and Artemis interaction is both funny and frustrating, and the growing development in Draco just makes me really proud and happy. Artemis' friendship with Blaise and Ginny are also just really precious. Artemis growing up with peers has made him warmer, although by no means less sly or wary.

And you really do fit both timelines together nicely. The "Ministry blocked and postponed Artemis' magic" part was clever and it really seemed like something they would do. Everyone is really incredibly in-character and realistic, even the minor ones that weren't really explored in the original series.

I always try not to say things I'll regret later on in the future, but so far this story is one of my favorite crossovers of all time. I hope you decide to keep writing and plan on finishing this series, because it's truly one of the marvels of fanfiction.

(Now excuse me as I proceed to the next book and read all your other stories.)
Moonlight Keeper chapter 28 . 3/18
Holly's every bit as hotheaded and Gryffindor as I remembered.
Moonlight Keeper chapter 24 . 3/18
Oh, Artemis...

And on that note, oh, Draco...
Moonlight Keeper chapter 15 . 3/18
Pansy's right. It is romantic and you've broken so, so many of our dear, fragile reader hearts by making it untrue.
Amaris Nightshad chapter 13 . 3/18
Wait... I'm confused. In the last chapter you said Eunice Longbottom was Neville's grandma and in this one it was Augusta Longbottom, which is it?
i am not a tree! i am an ent...
Scritila chapter 31 . 1/27
wow I've never ever read such a long fanfiction to the end beore (ya had me hooked) XD
ironhair chapter 31 . 11/2/2014
a good story, one that I enjoyed reading.
Like the way you have developed your characters. Just expected Harry to have more of a "screen" presence though
ironhair chapter 1 . 11/2/2014