Reviews for Daughter of Laurëfin
Common silvan elf chapter 10 . 1/25/2014
Great! I like that thing about ears! Is it your own idea or it's true? I thing it might be real.
Marikaas chapter 14 . 3/24/2013
OMG soo beautifal when is the next chapter?
Xx
snooze2010 chapter 14 . 8/8/2012
ahhhh! why does the story end there!? oh dear oh dear oh dear.
this is unacceptable! you MUST continue!
i can see that its been a little bit of forever since you last updated this fic, but if you'd be so kind to finish it for me _
you said your fics would have happy endings. i need any sort of an ending!
i was almost late to work twice so that i could read it and then this is the last chapter!?
no no, you must continue :)
this fic is absolutely awesome! and your best legolas fic ive read yet! i was going to review every chapter and comment on the little bits and pieces i liked, but i needed to read and read and read lol
so yeah :)
great fic! i need to know how it ends please and thank you _
Glory Bee chapter 14 . 3/17/2012
Sorry that you have abandoned your story Concetta and that you got reviews that disheartened you.
Aranel Mereneth chapter 14 . 2/4/2011
Want to update this? Please?
SwimChic12431 chapter 14 . 9/4/2010
Please update! I am begging you! this story is just amazing and I have to know what happens! I know you haven't updated in like 6 years but please please please please with a cherry on top...
Fishy Rainboots chapter 14 . 1/19/2008
Absolutely awesome job. I love it so far. Great job. I can't wait for the next chapter.
JeSymphony chapter 14 . 1/23/2006
Ok. I've read the story, and I've read the reviews. To be honest, from reading the reviews I was getting kinda sick with all the messages you were getting, as either they were TOO good or TOO bad. However, there were indeed a few that shuffled towards "Constructive Critique".

Here is my honest opinion, and no it is not a flame.

1: Elwen. Yes, I agree with the whole "Elves are perfect" thing, and yes I agree that her name is perfectly fine the way it is (though it may be a LITTLE bit overused).

2: Falling in Love. Yes, I agree it was a little fast for them, but you ARE the author and this is so it is okay. Sure they are Elves and sure they are immortal, but if they truly love someone you'd want to get married to them quick-smart before someone else steals him/her away.

3: Mary Sue-ness. Please, Elwen is not a Mary Sue. She is an Elf. However, she does seem to have two faces, as in the first few chapters you presented her as someone who is meek and shy, but when she shows up in Helm's Deep it's like WOAH. I like the way you have added a theory on why Legolas missed.

4: Use of Elvish. I, in all honesty, rather enjoy the use of Sindarin/Quenya as I find it to be a very beautiful language, and I wish that some authors would use it more often. The fact that you also provide translations is nice for those of us who are not as literate in the uses of Elvish as you are. :)

5: Flames. As I was sifting through all the reviews you have received for this fic, I have not once stumbled upon the legendary 'Flare' and 'Lady Phedre'. I believe Lady Phedre might have changed into La Sontilla (pardon the spelling if it is wrong), and if this is so I would not consider that review a flame.

I too have received flames on some of my Redwall fics, and I know that it is rather hurtful when you receive one. However, most times it is better to just ignore this, and if the flame really got your goat, write the response to the flamer in your AN and let it stew there for a few days.

After a few days, you should be able to delete it with no hard feelings, as you would have realised that flamers are just dirty rotten low lifes with nothing better to do.

Apart from that, I did get the impression that you are 'milking' the sympathy from the reviewers as much as possible. Since I have not encountered Flare or Lady Phedre's reviews, I cannot make an honest opinion on whether or not the tears were in actuality called for.

However, this is a good fiction and you do have immense potential as a writer. Yalúmessë was a work of genius, and I was not disappointed with Daughter of Laurëfin.

I suggest toning down the responses to flamers, and apart from that I think it is fine as it is. Not every fanfiction is perfect, and not every FanFic author is either. We're only human.
Angel-Daughter chapter 14 . 10/4/2005
okay. i'm know this isn't very christian and we should have paticence BUT FOR THE LOVE OF CHOCOLATE. please update. it is one of the best stories i have EVER read and it is driving me to the edge of my sanity not knowing what's gonna happen next.

Angel-Daughter
Angel-Daughter chapter 14 . 6/28/2005
omg. this is so brillant! i can't wait for any more!
Robyn chapter 14 . 4/12/2005
Holy cow! That was the BEST Legomance I have ever read! Please update.
HyperSquishy chapter 14 . 2/6/2005
How entertaining! I love it! Don't worry about the flames...it's called fanfiction because it's fiction, I don't see why you should be getting any. It's your imagination...if they don't like it, they don't have to read it.
Vilvarin chapter 14 . 1/5/2005
Not very good. You know, you don't have to follow the movies. Tolkien left some room for creativity in other places in his works. Enough with the Legolas-crushing and Mary-Sueing!
Miserablely Happy chapter 14 . 10/27/2004
UPDATE!
The Luckiest chapter 14 . 7/21/2004
Oh, good story! Just read it.

I love how you're keeping everything "honorable"!

Keep writing!