Reviews for Earning my Keep
I just finished reading this one! Idk if you're active on here anymore, but I absolutely loved this story. Really well written and amazing storyline! I've been up since 6am reading it :) kudos!
Sophie chapter 8 . 4/18
Huh. I wonder why she's sick? (Supposed to sound sarcastic)
Lily chapter 5 . 3/28
I really like the set up of your story; Sakura the seamstress is held on a pirate ship after her village is destroyed. However, I feel that she adapted WAY too quickly. Her crush on Syaoran and treatment of the other crew members don't make sense this early in the story. Right now, I feel that Sakura is a very weak character with less than honorable values. I'm sorry if I offended you in any way ( I just wanted to point a few things out) . Thank you for your time!
The Wanderer chapter 17 . 12/20/2015
I can't understand why Sakura's father would remain civil as Syaoran, who impregnated his daughter in order to have her pose as a prostitute, laughs about her many dangerous adventures at the dining table. No, actually, none of the adults' reactions made any sense to me. Clearly, Syaoran's a rapist in this story. Clearly, Sakura is the weirdest character ever - Stokholm syndrome? No. Wait. Why does she like being a pirate in the first place? Why would she earn respect let alone feel respect for her captors? - Clearly, everyone else's relationships are far too incomprehensible. Did Sakura really need to abandon Ryo so she could return to her father? Wouldn't a loving parent accept his poor, abused, deflowered child with open arms and try to protect her from society's slut-shaming nature? And I failed to grasp the true dynamic between Eriol and Syaoran. Why would Tomoyo have to be kept away from her fiancée just because his cousin doesn't want to come home? It doesn't make sense. Alright, enough ranting. I suggest you, dear author, include more chapters dedicated to building the relationships between the characters. I want more spunky dialogue from Sakura as she defends herself from the pirates, more subtle moments between her captain and herself before he decides to cruelly use her so (since she will have eventually earned his trust), more confliction and hesitation before they act so rashly. Maybe some actual reason why she would willingly go off to pillage the village rather than for solely the sake of the thrill. Possibly a need to prove herself, possibly because she knows she can be more than just a swabbie. And more of her devotion as a mother, and her experience with motherhood (that goes beyond merely possessing a son). I want to see that the pirates actually have some sort of an honor code that makes me, the reader, sympathetic to their cause. I want to understand why MeiLing actually does come to care for Sakura... Just more communication between the characters, essentially, is what I'm asking for. This story had a lot of potential... and it failed to deliver. I guess that's why I'm so upset about it. Sorry if my thoughts were all over the place. I hope you grasped the general message.
Raven-battle-miko chapter 17 . 10/13/2015
I love it so much. I've been waiting for the update and now I can't wait till the next
sTELLAR chapter 12 . 9/17/2015
XD
Stellar chapter 6 . 9/17/2015
KAWAIII
StellarMage99 chapter 1 . 9/16/2015
I LOVE THIS
madison camelia chapter 17 . 1/2/2015
Woa, it is really, really awesome. This is one of the best fic I have ever read. Besides, I love the ideas that Vietnam is the place where Tomoyo met Eriol again. I am a fan of th couple

Thank you too much to write such a wonderful story

( cám ơn bạn rất nhiều vì đã viết một câu chuyện tuyệt vời đến vậy )

By the way, ( plum in Vietnamese means " Hoa Mận " and peony is " Mẫu đơn " ) Hope you like it
madison camelia chapter 7 . 1/2/2015
Hey, I am a Vietnamese. Thank you too much to bring our country in your story. Love you

( cảm ơn bạn đã biết đến đất nước nhỏ bé của tôi, một quốc gia tuy bé nhỏ nhưng xinh đẹp vô cùng )

here, add to your Vietnamese vocabulary

( Tôi yêu bạn : I love you )
( Hoa anh đào : Sakura )
( Lí Tiểu Lang : Li syaoran )
( Xin chào : Hello )
( cảm ơn : thank )
luv you
Guest chapter 17 . 10/17/2014
I'm from India and, believe me when I say, sari is not comfortable. ( ._.)
Handling it just wears you out.
And, excellent story. I loved it! _
cyamato chapter 17 . 5/26/2013
Hello! I know this is a fairly belated review (seeing as how it's been five years) but I just finished reading your story, and my god did I enjoy it. Right now I'm actually the age you were when you were editing this (unless that was a lie and you're really some middle aged man who's too obsessed with anime/manga.. Then again I could be wrong.. Haha). Anyways, about an hour or so ago I had a whim to look up a fanfiction for Sakura and Syaoran because I'd just finished a book and was longing for something to read, and remembered all the other fanfictions of those two that I had read (after finishing the manga I wanted more of them), and then thought that I might be able to find another good one (I'd only found one really good fanfiction of s/3025578/1/Apartments). In yours there were almost no grammatical errors, and I loved that! My favorite parts were from chapters 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, and the epilogue. The plot line was awesome, if there was more detail in the story (Sakura's voyage, the plundering of villages, Sakura's stay with Meiling, Syaoran's courtship of Sakura, etc.), then this could potentially be a novel! Of course, it has been a while and you might not even read this, but I just wanted to tell you that I really enjoyed this story, and the twist on the original characters is so refreshing.
waiting-for-you443 chapter 2 . 5/21/2013
I looked everywhere for this story! I loved it the first time I read it, and would love the honor of re-reading it from time to time. It was exceptionally well-written. This story impressed me greatly. Fantastic job. :)
PolarBlue chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Great job! very uncliche. nice range of vocab
pikachu2510 chapter 17 . 1/5/2011
1st I didnt understand wat happened between Sakura, Syaoran and Meiling... it was kinda confusin ;p buh in the end I understood it ;p... buh I still dun get how Sakura had the potential 2 ruin Meilings life o.O... well this story was interestin XP... thx 4 uploadin it D

~*pika*~