Reviews for Catharsis
RedNumbers chapter 20 . 3/31
I'm glad you're still active! I love this fanfic a lot. I never considered Kaoru x Enishi before I stumbled upon this doc years ago when I was still a teen (25 now!) and I rememenered this fic last night after reading the Jinchuu arc again. Your writing is amazing, really. You have the inept ability of capturing each character.

Continue to do great things!
Hiei's Cute Girl chapter 20 . 1/31
I have rarely seen a story that has been so well put together. And I mean that... Truly. You took one tiny little detail, changed it, and the whole thing unraveled like a loose thread. I am in awe of your talent. Kudos! I actually expected lemon because in almost every fic I've read, it pops up, but I think the fact you excluded sexual relationship is best. Kaoru may be different by accepting an unmarried man into her home, but I don't think she'd sleep with someone who has yet to marry her. I did, though, want to see her finally say "I love you" verbally.

Amazing work!
Serenity Blossom chapter 20 . 7/16/2014
Great read!
Portugirl chapter 20 . 3/21/2013
It was so frustrating reading the last chapter, cause I was really hoping for "lemon", but oh well. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed this story. It was so well written I couldn't believe it. It'd be nice to se another story, even if it was just a one-shot about Kaoru & Enishi's life as a couple :)
lunarlegend11 chapter 20 . 2/21/2013
Oh. My. God. I freaking loved this story! Please make a sequel! Please, please, please! Email/respond the name if you ever post it! Thank you!
DoNotPanic chapter 20 . 12/11/2012
I read this a long time ago on another site. ;_; it's still so wonderful. 33333
Guest chapter 20 . 7/30/2012
Best E/K fan fic on the site. It was very well written, in character, exciting and gosh darn sexy without trying too hard. Loved the pacing and flow of the chemistry. Everything fell in place and was very believable. Great job.
SoulEffect chapter 20 . 7/24/2012
I LOVE it, this is the first Enishi/Kaoru fic I've read and it's perfect. The plot is somewhat cannon, it's believable and none of the characters are OOC. You've done an amazing job, wish there was more to read though. I especially liked how you had Yahiko behave, it's how I imagine he would act.

Amazing job )
deucetokki chapter 20 . 6/7/2012
Wonderful story! I read on your profile that you were thinking of deleting your old fics. Please don't! I truly enjoyed this one. Thank you for keeping it posted and for giving delight to so many people!
Ayla27 chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
Your fanfic was the very first EniKao fanfic that I've read. And. It sucks. It sucks to wait here and hope for a sequel because your fic was just so awesome and epic and great. Not to say that Catharsis won't stand on its own (because it's just so totally awesome), just that I'm really really really really really wondering (begging) if you can write a sequel? Pretty pretty please with cherries on top? But if it's too much, it's fine if you don't. Being a writer myself I know how hard it is to write without inspiration. Just wanna let you know that you really are an amazing writer. :) hope you are always well. Take care.
Ragnell chapter 1 . 11/3/2011
I admit that I first reacted with skepticism to the introductory plot and first chapters. Much to my surprise you made the plot development work. Some romantic scenes that really worked included the "let me show how to move" scene. I love when authors can create sexual tension without depending on flat-out lemon. That ability takes imagination and subtlety. Anyone can describe sex, but the presence of lemon often fails to produce a sense of romance or even relationship. I'm more delighted to read what you produced, that a story with a mechanical sex scene thrown in to rescue a bad plot and poor writing skills. Thanks for a good story.
BlueBerryFW chapter 20 . 10/2/2011
So, I read this story when it was published, years ago- didn't leave a review then, I was too shy :)

Few days ago I had the argue to read some Kenshin fics, and I knew I had to find this story- because I remembered it was great.

And I read it again. It's not great. It's the best Kaoru\Enishi fic there is, and one of the best Kenshin fics I read [and I read about a bazillion of them].

The writing is amazing, the characters are super well written, the story is great- with wonderful angst and great dialog...

When I think Enishi\Kauro, I think "Catharsis".

Thank you for an awesome story, THE BEST EVER in this pairing, and I'm sure I'll read it again. and again.

I'm sure now is too late for a sequel, but I'll never lose hope- maybe someday my wish will be fulfilled.

Favorite story. Great Author. Thanks!
La Pythie chapter 20 . 6/30/2011
mmmmmh... I like this pairing and the way you pictured it really makes sense. You probably understand it better than me. A lot better. It was really amazing. I wanted the end to be lemony but it is not your cup of tea so...

You were not OOC at all. Congratulations :O

Sequel ?

*pleading voice*
nana chapter 20 . 6/21/2011
I loved reading this story, the progressive change of kaoru, kenshin and enishi's feelings was well paced. And i liked every scene with Yahiko, he was really funny even if it wasn't meant to be.
CYLi chapter 20 . 4/5/2011
Oh gyaaaaah. I love this so much! I wasn't an K/E fan before, but now I am head over heels in the wagon! Thanks to this fic. Oh the characterizations, the dialogue, the angst...it's all too awesome.

I wanted a little more action and romance between Enishi and Kaoru. Really, the amount of interaction between them is almost tear inducing. Other than the companionable, albeit aloof, alone time they had together on the island, they basically had not been establishing their chemistry in front of the reader. I have to say I'm disappointed by that, since I've been beggin for some waff ever since I started this story.

With that said, I have nothing but praise. Really liked how you handle the plot. Enishi and Kaoru's relationship might be slow but realistic. The build up to their mutual feelings and eventually the confession was very believable. Kudos!