Reviews for Not Myself
spike'smate chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
good story
Metropolis-Rising chapter 1 . 9/19/2004
That was a great fic! Except that there isn't more. Drusilla has always been one of my favorite characters and I thinought that the way you handled her vocal transition was brilliant and subtle. I can only hope that sometime, you'll expand upon Dru's newfound lucidity. Silly Wolfram and Hart.
Alixtii chapter 1 . 4/29/2004
I'm fond of the "semi-sane Drusilla" voice. It's sorta like when Juliet Landau starts talking without the fake British accent, you know-familiar, but sorta not. I'd like to see more-either more after this, this a little more fleshed out, or preferably both. As much as I love the Drusilla voice, I think the plot needs a little more oomph for us to feel like we've actually been through a conflict, crisis, and resolution by the end.
alex9 chapter 1 . 12/31/2003
very Good,
well writian and sharp!
like it a lot,
alex
monanotlisa chapter 1 . 10/29/2003
Loved your story, Gyrus- insert standard "not a big Drusilla fan, usually" disclaimer. & ;-) Great story: utterly credible and not a word wasted- just a perfect addition to the world of Angel.
Barb chapter 1 . 10/27/2003
Oh, now THAT'S a scary scenario.
Leanne8582 chapter 1 . 10/22/2003
Whoa. This is really really good. And the thought of a sane Drusilla... *shiver* It's somehow more terrifing than the crazy one. You did a great job. I especially liked the bit at the end when Dru realizes that she's changed, and gets a bit nostalgic for her craziness.
Lakrids chapter 1 . 10/13/2003
Another good story from you. I did like plot, but I thought to my self, that it would perhaps, be a stronger story, if you gave the mental changes in Drusilla, more time to develop. So the two men, again perhaps, got more the felling, that they had a tiger in the tail.
SkywaterBlue chapter 1 . 10/4/2003
I really liked this, because I like the idea of powerful women characters who aren't afraid of using their power. And while Dru's insanity doesn't stop her from being talented as well as dangerous, it does make her seem like she needs to be taken care of. Meanwhile, a not-insane Dru could probably bring the world down around her. I'd love to see more like that.
Dr. Tamwe chapter 1 . 10/2/2003
Hey, remember me?

Loved this story. It reminds me of Flowers for Algernon, the gradual recovery of the mind. You did an impressive job of blending the internal monologue with the gradually decreasing psychosis, and integrated the lyrics quite well.

This would make a fantastic development to watch unfold on the series... Angel I guess, or a spinoff. Well done :)
She's a Star chapter 1 . 9/27/2003
Ohh, that was amazing. Very eerie and vividly written, and Drusilla was just so flawlessly, beautifully characterized. I love it. :-)
knbnnate chapter 1 . 9/24/2003
AWESOME.
Harry2 chapter 1 . 9/24/2003
Never, Never, NEVER mess with Drussilla! She'll eat you up and dispose of you later!
babies-stole-my-dingo chapter 1 . 9/24/2003
This is very interesting. Crazy Dru is difficult to write; sane Dru is harder (having a tough time getting a handle on that one myself)-and you're doing a great job. Can't wait to see where you go with this.
Imzadi chapter 1 . 9/24/2003
This is a very nice story; I'm guessing the W&H employees aren't anyone we know. So Dru can get her sanity back. How about that! Excellent, Gyrus.

BTW Why not write some Angel fiction? Maybe with Lindsey?