Reviews for The Bearer of the Burden
KILO151998 chapter 3 . 6/22/2013
Really good story so far. I like how you're making the scenes play out and I absolutely love the part of the series you placed it in:-)
Henry V chapter 3 . 12/12/2010
Interesting concept. Shinji would be near suicidal though, since he is, after all, still a child. I wondered about the other's continuing behaviour, but then again you did clear that up in the last chapter.

Now, I wonder what Rei will turn out to be... since she has no bad memories per se (unlike Asuka, Misato, Gendo etc.) I guess she will still be as stoic as ever.

Well done on characterization!

Yours sincerely,

Henry V
Akiri chapter 3 . 8/19/2010
Interesting. I feel bad for Shinji even though he made the choice himself. Poor kid never stood against his cruel fate. Update soon please
gunman chapter 3 . 6/3/2007
Very nice.

Shinji is about as out of it as Rei usually is.

Asuka is pissed off and she doesn't really know why, but it has to do with Shinji not noticing her. Makes sense.

And that whole bit with Asuka brushing off Shinji's simple answer to her query made me think. I had to think back to the first chapter to understand it.

Also, as far as I can tell the Evangelions are gone, and the Angels are all defeated, so why did Asuka say that she has to pilot too? There isn't any reason for her, Shinji or Rei to pilot again.

Just thought I'd bring that up.

And that paragraph about sleep and insomnia really made sense. If Shinji does have the third type of insomnia, maybe he should get one of those 'Dream Machines', like the one in the James Bond movie 'Die Another Day' to help keep him sane.

And who was the person Shinji was talking too when he was up and cooking?

It wasn't Asuka or Misato apparently.

That's it, Shinji's snapped. He's Seeing Ghosts!

Anyway, good story and chapter and looking forward to more in the future.

Write On!
gunman chapter 2 . 6/3/2007
Loved the chapter. Very dramatic.

Shinji is starting to feel the effects of his decision to help the remaining people of the world.

Seeing and feeling every bad memory that has ever happened to someone can't be good.

Being shot, beaten, raped, car crashed, suicided, deaf, blind or even mentally retarded, all feeling it like the same pain the Eva gave him whenever he went into battle.

That can't be good, or healthy.

I see that Asuka and Misato are the same. Asuka being a loud and annoying b!$ # and Misato being a lazy drunk.

Though it was pretty interesting to see both Misato's and Asuka's reaction to Shinji's condition. Sort of a 180 turn around in their behavior, that they go from shouting at Shinji to being totally concerned about his health.

And Asuka doesn't remember her mothers death, yet there is a nagging feeling in her mind that seems familiar to her. Thanks to Shinji. And it's in typical Asuka-fashion that she is annoyed that Hikari is asking about someone else and not her. And that while she is concerned about Shinji, she would never admit it, which is also in Asuka-fashion.

And SEELE are all back and without any idea what has happened. They all seem happier, but still want to initiate Third Impact, yet don't remember why. Even Keel couldn't remember why. Him just quietly dying was sort of a nice closure to what has been a long and rather unfulfilling life, in that he remembers what it was to be happy when his wife was alive.

And Misato has some nerve to expect Shinji to just come back from the hospital and start cleaning after being in a coma for two weeks.

And at least Shinji isn't so out of it that he remembers how bad Misato's cooking is.

Shinji also seems a little out of it to the point that he is still sleepy. Almost like he was being drained of energy himself.

Good story, but I really feel bad for Shinji at this point.

On to the next chapter.
gunman chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
Interesting idea.

And good choice too. Shinji is just the type of sorry, selfless SOB who would take all of the worlds problems upon himself to make other people's lives better.

It also helps that he doesn't think much of his own life.

The whole 'Shinji's POV' was a good way to do this. It gives you a good look at just how selfless the boy can be.

But taking all of the worlds bad memories into himself is just too much to understand and comprehend.

I've watched television and been to the movies, I know the bad memories that people have.

I have to give Shinji credit for wanting to help people, even the entire world, but DAMN!

My respect for Shinji just reached a whole new level.

On to the next chapter!
Henni chapter 3 . 6/2/2007
I like your idea. It's something completely different. You are able to catch the readers attention because nobody knows what will happen next. I am eager to read more *thumbs up*
Laser Crusader chapter 3 . 6/2/2007
It been a very long time since I read this story, but I don't think there was many changes in this chapter. Anyway I look forward to reading some more new chapters of this story. So keep up the good work.

Question:

1. I remember reading a chapter in the past where Shinji sort of played Hannibal Lector with a Pschologist. Will you be uploading that chapter again in the future? It was my favorite chapter.
Laser Crusader chapter 2 . 6/2/2007
I've always like this chapter. It was quite exciting and had so many possibilities.
Laser Crusader chapter 1 . 6/2/2007
Nice Prelude it was well done. I like this chapter rewrite. It was well done and well detailed.
couguard chapter 3 . 6/1/2007
hey! Finally an update. Short but nicely writen.

keep up the good work and update soon!
Tjmmetallica chapter 10 . 4/28/2005
hello, I am just writing to let you know I am really enjoying this fic and I hope you post another chapter here in the near future. Keep up the good work
rheaditto2 chapter 10 . 4/7/2005
this story is weird, and in a good way, the problem is that in other stories usually you know what to expect, but on this one it is just as if you can't tell or at least have an idea of what to expect. i like the stile the characters interaction, maybe because there isn't much and it all revolveson how shinji feals and reacts to different scenarios, i don't know where you want to go with this fic, but let me tell you i will willingly be there all the way. if you had a sec it would mean a lot if you could drop a review to my story "weaving a story" don't care if it is bad or good but it would mean a lot to me, of course if you don't have a lot to do. well bye
ShadowedDarkness chapter 10 . 4/6/2005
o ((goes starry eyed)) this...is...AWSOME! -

i liked this chapter...but the memories and what was actually going on confused me. but i i caught on eventually _ ...i think...anywho's continue!
Omega Z chapter 10 . 4/3/2005
Dear Quillius Quilliam I Esquire,

You damn bastard. It's about time you update! Thank you for following my suggestion and having Gendo live. Oops. Just gave away a secret (even though it is pretty obvious). I have updated my fiction, The Orphan of Hellsing, but for some reason, it is only found under my profile and not with the other Hellsing stuff. They probably haven't gotten around to it, they seem pretty busy.

In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.

Sincerely,