Reviews for Break To Deliverance
Black Hawk chapter 17 . 1/7/2011
Um… no. Sorry, but no. You don’t get to just leave us there. Elladan has been fighting for his life for a YEAR. A year, mellon-nïn. I don’t normally beg but… PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PPPPLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE continue writing this story and post ASAP! I am a shameless addict. I need my fix. Don’t make me send or Mr. Thewlis over there to coax you into writing another chapter!

When I finished “These Tears You Cry,” I thought that it wouldn’t be possible to write a story that was just as intense, tense, and as much of an emotional roller coaster… but by the gods, you’ve done it. The same sense of urgency, of suspense, and of heart cache pervades this story as it did in TTYC, but added to that is a renewed intricacy and intimacy among the characters, along with dramatic irony. I thought the scenes where Estel and the twins confronted Legolas in the first story were intense, but they were nothing compared to nearly any given scene between the four lads in this story. The tension is so thick that I felt it quickening my heart and eye as I read faster and faster.

And no, you don’t get to dismiss my comments because you are” writing about someone else’s characters,” because that’s not true. Tolkien did not write this Estel or Legolas, and nor were they portrayed as such in the film. These versions of familiar characters are improved, in my opinion, and shaped by your imagination to be something deeper than their originals. I love Tollkien’s characters and those in the film, but they exist on a different level than yours. Your visions of the characters see them through to their full dramatic potential and are much better suited for gritty, angsty fiction.

You are a goddess and I worship at your altar… but that said, I’m not satisfied. I want more! Other than Elladan’s fate, there are so many unanswered questions. Will Legolas and Estel be able to heal and grow close once more? Will Arwen’s presence (whoo! That female I kept nagging at you to include ;) ) help soothe the pain between the two? Will Legolas ever confide in his father, and will Thranduil’s reaction release or crush his son? Please don’t make us wait to read more. I know I’m not the only one who has longed for the closure of at long last finishing this story.

PLEASE, WRITE MORE SOON!

You’ve proven yourself beyond amazing. I re-read the story in a few sittings, and the “new” chapters don’t stand out from the “old” at all, which is a testament to your talent to stay true to the voice of the tale. The story reads as a cohesive tale of the struggle to overcome, the pain of distance, and the journey to the forgiveness of not only others, but of ourselves.

HANNON LE for writing such amazing stories in the first place, and even more for sharing them. You know it is the truth when I say that they have changed my life in the best way possible. :)
dgraymanfan 200 chapter 17 . 11/8/2010
There r going to be more chapters right {:(
Viresse chapter 17 . 10/5/2010
Sorry for the late review, I thought I had done it...

It is interesting to touch on Glofindel remembering his death, it must not be that pleasant. I like how he can control Thranduil without raising his voice and being calm.

I like that Arwen can somehow give hope to everyone. It is so sad when Aragon said that he was always too late. But I am glad that he (and Elrohir) can finally understand their brother. Hope that Elladan can return to light so they can make amends.

Please update soon, mellon.
Akuma813 chapter 17 . 9/6/2010
You are an amazing writer who can breathe real life into your characters and your constant plot twists and even the basic plot continues to entice myself and fellow readers in deeper and deeper with every English and Elven word. I cannot get enough of this story as well as its prequel; I have been reading non stop for an hour or so. I was originally looking for a slash pairing, but this story and your living, breathing characters have captured my heart. I implore you to continue writing and thank you for such a good read.
Kyra1 chapter 17 . 5/9/2010
I'm so happy to see that this story is still going after such a long time. To be honest I had almost given up, but seeing this made my day in a time when everything has been going downhill. I honestly hope you continue with this wonderful story. It has always meant so much to me.
Wicked Misty chapter 17 . 4/13/2010
Wonderful, wonderful story! Are you still working on it? I hope you update again soon!
Elruwen chapter 17 . 1/26/2010
Please update soon, meldir! _
Blume chapter 17 . 1/18/2010
I was surfing around in a computer that wasn’t’ evne mien when I say a mirage…

Me: could it be?, is it possible? It IS! It’s an UPDATE!

*dances with joy*

Ok, so I may have missed another previous update, but I’m still glad about that, because it leaves me with two new chapter to enjoy! P

So now let me say a few things about the chapter.

Legolas is healing or at least he doesn’t’ seem to have those sort of panic attacks he had in the beginning of the sequel, and that's good thing. It’s also nice to see Thranduil's burst of anger silenced by another lord like Glorfindel, that doesn’t happen much in fanfiction, does it? and thanks to Glorfindel and Silanor, Thranduil may reach an agreement with the men.

...IF, he doesnt' fidn out what one of them did to Legolas, that is.

XP

I know that Elornd and Glorfindel wanted Legolas to tell his father, but that is probably the last thing they want now... what with his mercurial moods...

I feel bad for Elladan, though I have to admit that when I first read this, I skipped the parts about him ;… now I went and reread the whole thing! Poor guy…

I’m still not sure what Arwen is doing there though, so far she’s doing moral support, but we don’t see much of her... and now Aragorn has to deal with Trhanduil… let’s hope his strength doesn’t leave him in a crucial moment!

oh, what new twist will this story have before the end!

D
Caelhir chapter 17 . 1/13/2010
Wow! What a story! You have a gift with words. This one of the best stories I have read on the site! Have you covered what happened between Legolas, Elrohir, Elladan, and Aragorn? I hope I didn' t miss it! I really love all the really good descriptive phrases and emotional writing; it makes the story come alive ! Thank you for sharing this with us, because it it incredible. PS: how do I get people to review my story? I'm begging them to, but no one but two people ( and I thank them profusely) have done so. Again thank you for the great story, and please update soon! I know you're busy, but I want to know what happens!
KamikazeBonsai chapter 17 . 1/7/2010
WOW. I've read both stories so far and I absoulutely LOVE them! I haven't been able to review becauseI've been so into reading the chaters that I'd forget and continue. They're more compelling and heartwrenching than Tolkien (Not that he's not a genius but...you run a grand second) My love for Legolas has drawn me to your story and now I can't get enough. There should be a movie about this. I would be absolutely, incredibly excited and thrilled if that could happen. OOh... that thought itself makes me smile. Your story makes me want to cry when they'e crying, grieve when they're grieving, empathize with them until I can do no more than sympathize. It's phenomenal. Continue that good work.

-KamiBon
Iawen Londea chapter 17 . 1/7/2010
I am so happy to see another update to this story!

Great chapter. Very emotional. I just loved the way this chapter was written, so beautiful. You really are a very gifted writer.

I loved Glorfindel, wanted to throttle Thranduil, and Aragorn really broke my heart. So glad to see that Legolas really has come around. Elladan in the in-between was very interesting. Where is all this leading, I wonder? I'm excited to find out!
fangirl29 chapter 16 . 1/6/2010
Is there still interest in this story? But, of course, mellon nin! I re-read both parts to the story and was very happy to see an update. As I have stated in earlier reviews, you are a wonderfully prolific writer who manages to convey such strong character emotions with mere words. That, is true talent. Needless to say, I cried at the end of this chapter, too! Just like Estel, I have much hope that life will grant you the time to finish such a beautiful story. Please, please don't let it die, nor Elladan. Peace, js
SnowGeese chapter 16 . 1/2/2010
I really enjoy this fanfiction. It's original and the plot keeps me guessing. Never sure whats going to happen next . I also like how you never take away that background mystery of what exactly happened between Aragorn and Legolas!

I also understand about the whole being late thing. I myself am atrocious about publishing chapters on time.
IMTrinity chapter 16 . 12/29/2009
Please, please finish this fic. Though I am aware that updates are few and far between, I am always excited to recieve them in my inbox. It would be a shame not to finish this brilliant fic. And after a heart-breaking chapter like this one...

I will continue to read it if you will continue to write it. I know life is unpredictable and there are far more important things to do than to write fanfiction, but I will stay with this fic until the end. Thank you for another brilliantly written chapter!
Silvertoekee chapter 16 . 12/28/2009
Yes an update! This was an emotional chapter filled with angst and drama. And must reread earlier chapters to remember what's going on lol. Can't wait for a new chapters.
362 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »